Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Warren Sapp on Rams: Write 'Em Off

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    It's the first sign of adversity this year. Each year starts anew.

Several years back I wrote and posted a trilogy that was titled "The Eve"

"The Eve" revealed my emotions on football and how they relate to my fanaticism towards our Rams.

I don't expect anyone to have remembered the post, however, if they did remember they would not need to ask. What puzzles me is that so many Rams fans don't seem to feel the same way. They toss fanatic emotions out the window and relace them with pragmatism. Perhaps that is more comforting to them or eases the pain when the Rams aren't in contention for a championship in the eyes of the media and the so-called experts.
    Given the choice, when it comes to our Rams, I choose to be a fanatic rather than a pragmatic.

GO DEM RAMS!!!
    Perhaps one could consider me as being "pragmatic" Monday through Saturday, but all that pragmatism goes out the window on game day. On Sundays (or whatever day they're playing), I am rooting for the Rams to win and expecting that they can win. There is nothing I know of that "eases the pain" of watching the Rams lose - even more so when they lose badly. If we as Ram fans weren't fanatics at heart, we likely wouldn't expend the time and energy to post here. I'll be rooting as hard as I can come Sunday for our team to pound out their first win over the Skins, and no matter what happens, I'll watch until the final gun no matter what the score is .. If things go badly, I probably won't post for a few days, as I'll need a bit of time to get over the depression. That's the way it is for this Ram fan anyway ..

Rambos is online now Registered User

Until we start winning this is the meal mindy

eldfan is offline Registered User

We will have to take our medicine on this one, nobody will say anything good about the rams until we start winning. 3-13 2-14 and a 28-0 start to the 09 season
    :ramlogo:

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I call it being realistic. And realistically, I believe we are at least a season away from contention and probably more. Therefore I completely understand why someone would write us off.

If some of you took your rose-colored glasses off, you'd understand too.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I have no problem with people saying sapp doesnt know what he is talking about regarding the rams or chris long, as long as people continue to say he doesnt know what he is talking about when the day comes where he is saying good things about the rams or our players. You cant have it both ways.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I have no problem with people saying sapp doesnt know what he is talking about regarding the rams or chris long, as long as people continue to say he doesnt know what he is talking about when the day comes where he is saying good things about the rams or our players. You cant have it both ways.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    There is a big reason between being mindless jackass and saying things like "write em off" after one game, and saying good things about the team ...

No halfway intelligent sports analyst would even walk that line, too many teams start off poorly only to recover and make the playoffs or better ...

Look at the 2007 Giants. I have little or no respect for these over paid media idiots that make stupid comments like this. Do you job and analyze, tell the people why the Rams played so poorly in week 1 and give a real analysis. Talk about how young they are, and what they need to do to improve ...

I don't have a problem with somebody saying the Rams play bad. But I do have a problem with somebody writing them off after week one, because all that says is they are no longer going to pay attention to this team, or anything it does. By doing that, you are cheating people, dedicated fans, that hang in there til the end with their team. Every though they are not good, they still deserve coverage, unbias coverage ...

Sapp will never look at the Rams favorbly because he holds a grudge. I've always hated Sapp - overrated whiner in my book. That Tampa defense was loaded from front to back. Sapp was very dominant the first five or six years in the league, he tailed off after that ...

If he'd spent more time getting in shape instead of running his fat mouth, he might have been better off ...

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Don't worry, I will never say that Warren Sapp knows what he's talking about. I've been listening to this jackass run his mouth for years and I have never agreed with a single thing he's had to say about anything.

He's a piece of garbage, a waste of space, and a loud-mouthed know-nothing. I put him in the same boat with Steve Young, Emmit Smith, Deion Sanders, and Michael Irvin. Their opinions mean nothing because they can't put their egos and biases aside to give an honest commentary.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123