btimsah Guest

Washington Is Better Than New England

I am so confused and bewildered right now. We have the team before the bye and after it. So I'm going to ignore anything associated with the Linehan era. Apparently we can't use that time to judge anyone on our roster, Tye Hill perhaps even included? Anyways, I really believe that Washington is a lot better than the Patriots. So I see no reason why we can't at least keep it close and have a shot at a win. I'd like to see our offense continue to get better, and in particular in pass protection. The Patriots defense kinda scares me - they run the 3-4 a lot better than the Cowboys do. I think the Rams may win,

Rams - 17
    Cheatriots - 14
    Last edited by btimsah; -10-23-2008 at 04:18 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Washington Is Better Than New England

I think the difference is that when we were an 0-4 train wreck looking like a mediocre college team, it was easy for the redskins to look right past us. Dallas did the same thing, probably assuming that the win over the skins was a fluke based on our first week under haslett.

However, the patriots will be more prepared because they have seen us win back to back games against quality teams. I doubt that they look past us, and that makes a HUGE difference in the nfl.

The key to this game is whether we can produce a healthy Jackson and get him some blocking. If we can do that, we can shorten the game and run it down their throats. If we cant run at all and are in 3rd and long all the time, its going to be a long day because bulger will get clobbered. I expect them to put 8 guys in the box and i think that there will be an opportunity to throw the ball on first down. We are going to have favorable one on one matchups if bulger has time to throw.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

We need to capitalize on their RB injuries by stopping their ground game early and make them one dementional. No Marone, or Morris. That leaves Caselle running around looking for open recievers. It would be scary to think that all he's going to do is throw deep to Moss and Welker but under pressure his accuracy is bad, he doesnt have the arm that Brady has, and his decission making is far from impressive. They still have that coach and i'm sure Monday night's beating of the Broncos will be a boost. But we'll open up a can of whoop in front of their home fans. This is the game we start making our mark.

btimsah Guest

I know our guys can run block. That's why my main focus is simply on our pass protection. For this game and the rest of the season. If Bulger can can get good pass protection I think Avery and Holt can work things underneath. If not, were gonna improve as a team but probably get mired in an 8-8 type season. I'm still worried about our defense, but what team in the league isn't? If our offense can get protection they can score more points. If we can hold the ball and score more points, that immediately set's us apart from most other teams in the league.

That tis' my focus from here on out... Because if we can start passing more, that opens up our running game, rests our defense and I believe makes us a viable playoff team.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Ever hear of any given Sunday? I'm sure we aren't as good as Philadelphia (we did get obliterated by them as well), but the Redskins beat them and lost to us. Just because Washington is better than the Patriots, does not mean we should win this game. I'm sure the Patriots were a better team than the Giants in the Superbowl, but what happened there?

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    I am so confused and bewildered right now. We have the team before the bye and after it. So I'm going to ignore anything associated with the Linehan era. Apparently we can't use that time to judge anyone on our roster, Tye Hill perhaps even included? Anyways, I really believe that Washington is a lot better than the Patriots. So I see no reason why we can't at least keep it close and have a shot at a win. I'd like to see our offense continue to get better, and in particular in pass protection. The Patriots defense kinda scares me - they run the 3-4 a lot better than the Cowboys do. I think the Rams may win,

Rams - 17
    Cheatriots - 14
    I with you, Belichick teams are well prepare but these are not the 18-1 pats hell Miami won, why can't we.
    :ramlogo:

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

The Pats Defense is a keep your opponent infront of you and highly disciplined to maintain their lanes. Normally, the talent on the Pats defense is good enough to make the play. However age, and injuries have plagued them this year. Its their 3 upfront linemen NG LT/RT that is the key to their defensive success. Those 3 can get pressure on the QB and allow the linebackers in on cleanup.

Here is where the Rams TEs can make the difference. Have them come off their blocks and hit them with the short pass. Ought to be good for 4-8 yards.

Putting a WR in motion going toward the middle of the field, and chip block the outside line backer with a power run off guard.

The Pats very discipline can be a use. Its what the Dolphins used against them, orthadox plays and formations. Thing is once the Pats see what play is being run, they are able to recognize it and react. Rams ought not let them.

Once again the Rams Defense has to show up. Disception, and guile ought to be the code word for the Rams to disguise their formation and coverages.