Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Washington Post on Gregg Williams

All teams go through peaks and valleys, and for those that say the Rams "sneak in" the playoffs, that's better than "hiding out" isn't it?

I think we are getting rid of someone that most Rams fans take for granted. Fine, throw Martz out. Complain about "sneaking in" to the playoffs now, but when we are possibly "hiding out" of the playoffs, don't blame Martz.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Damn Tex1 MM is the reason we have NO defense yet you are willing to keep him as HC! What gives here? I'd keep himas OC but, not HC What would be so wrong for him to be demoted? He hasnt proved he could win the big one and has made some god awful mistakes! He has had the power to win with this team but hasnt! Who wants to be the bridesmaid year in and year out? Some people act like he wasd our only reason for the Superbowl win1 Wrong he wasnt the guy! It was TEAM play and a little luck! MM isnt everything that people think he is or isn't! If he leaves St. Louis you guys will see just what he is really about! So he can develope a QB hey the last time i watched there are 53 players on a team not just QB's &WR's.he has not brought us more SAuperbowl titles that i guarantee coaches like Billichick,Parcells,Vermiel etc would have won! Thats of course MPO! but i just dont see MM as our savior he has made to many mistakes and had plenty of time in this league to win another Superbowl!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Well, we all know in reality - Martz won't be serving in any capacity in St. Louis.

Williams is Assistant Head Coach in Washington so he's not interested in a demotion to DEF COORD.

Al Saunders may be available.. Since REPORTEDLY Vermiel is unhappy the Chiefs aren't following his recommendation to promote Saunders in K.C. .... If those reports are true, the Rams could look to Saunders as OFF COORD... But, the New Head Coach should be picking his staff.

SoccerRam is offline Registered User

Ok we are going from a great OC who couldn't HC to a great DC who couldn't get the job done as a HC. Sounds too familiar. A HC doesn't have the time to do both...act as coordinator and HC.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I can not understand the reference to a great Offensive coordinator who couldnt succeed as a head coach. If he was so lousy as a head coach, how do you explain his overall record. how do you explain the 2001 14-2 season and coming within a field goal of winning the superbowl. Why is it that when the rams under martz win its because the players are talented but when we lose its because the coaching stinks. cant have it both ways guys, remember, martz does NOT have full authority on talent and it drives me nuts when people blame a lot of the lack of talent on martz when lovie made a number of the key personnel decisions.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Damn Tex1 MM is the reason we have NO defense yet you are willing to keep him as HC! What gives here? I'd keep himas OC but, not HC What would be so wrong for him to be demoted? He hasnt proved he could win the big one and has made some god awful mistakes! He has had the power to win with this team but hasnt! Who wants to be the bridesmaid year in and year out? Some people act like he wasd our only reason for the Superbowl win1 Wrong he wasnt the guy! It was TEAM play and a little luck! MM isnt everything that people think he is or isn't! If he leaves St. Louis you guys will see just what he is really about! So he can develope a QB hey the last time i watched there are 53 players on a team not just QB's &WR's.he has not brought us more SAuperbowl titles that i guarantee coaches like Billichick,Parcells,Vermiel etc would have won! Thats of course MPO! but i just dont see MM as our savior he has made to many mistakes and had plenty of time in this league to win another Superbowl!

can you do us all a favor ***Admin note*** PM sent to poster.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Sneaking into the playoffs at 8-8 doesn't count for much when you look at where the team is right now and where it was when Martz took over.
    7-9, 6-10, 5-11, 4-12.......that's where this team was before Martz.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Why is it that when the rams under martz win its because the players are talented but when we lose its because the coaching stinks.
    Not only that, but it's also been stated by the same "group" [generalization, I know, don't care] that Martz and our organization can't draft worth a poop or bring in any big name free agents, yet at the same time, Martz is blamed for being an underachieving head coach who was wasting away our ultra-talented team...

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

For some reason, I think that Williams would be more interested in the Chief's job. That is more of his home base. I think that Vermiel will call it quits, Saunders will not be promoted as Vermiel wants, and Williams will take that opportunity to go home. However, if he wants to come here, and is offered the job, then I am all for it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I like Williams , That would be a great way to start the 2006 ...I would like to see Martz as O.C. , Williams as H.C. and for what it is worth how about Shell as D.C. ? ? ? ? thoughts

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

So, Lovie, Chicago gettin' a bit too cold or..?

No?

Sure we can't change your mind?

No?

Well...if you reconsider, can ya bring Urlacher and Mike Brown with you? Thanks much.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    The Rams have been fading for the last couple of years and it seems that the team and staff that Martz can call all his own leaves a lot to be desired. Sneaking into the playoffs at 8-8 doesn't count for much when you look at where the team is right now and where it was when Martz took over.
    how soon we forget the nineties excluding 99 of course

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12