Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By aasimon
  • 2 Post By Azul e Oro
  • 2 Post By aasimon
  • 1 Post By Bar-bq

Thread: Washington Redskins vs. STL Rams Week 2 Scouting Reports - A Proposal

aasimon is offline Registered User

Washington Redskins vs. STL Rams Week 2 Scouting Reports - A Proposal

Before I get into the meat of this thread, I wanted to provide full disclosure; I'm a Washington Redskins fan/blogger. I know that everyone here is focused on STL vs. DET (as a fan, clearly I can't wait for the Redskins to wallop the Saints tomorrow...), but part of what I do for my readership is to provide a detailed scouting report for upcoming games.

I like to do my research before providing content, and a major part of this research involves actually scouting teams on the schedule. It's been my experience that the fans of any given NFL franchise have the pulse of their team much better than the national media, who consistently provide the same recycled drivel over and over again. I want to be able to offer actual insight from people that know what they are talking about, not just talking heads looking for ratings.

That's what led me to this forum...

I'd like to offer a proposal; I will provide the great fans of the St. Louis Rams with in-depth and detailed scouting report on the Washington Redskins (strengths, weaknesses, the schemes and philosophies that the Redskins run, where and how teams should attack, who might surprise, etc.) in exchange for the same type of information about the Rams, so that I can relay that information to the Redskins fanbase in anticipation for week 2.

If anybody would be interested in exchanging this information (we can even use this thread), please let me know. If anybody knows of well-respected bloggers/local analysts that I can research from, please let me know. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -09-10-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Sorry, no links.
    thoey likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Washington Redskins vs. STL Rams Week 2 Scouting Reports - A Proposal

You'll get a lot more response after the first game. Not only are we focused on tomorrow but , with the regime change, we honestly don't know much about how this team has taken shape & the schemes it will implement. Fisher had a rather unorthodox approach to pre-season; there were very few clues as to who was rising/falling on the depth chart & even less in the way of strategy than usual. This is a knowledgeable board & a quite a few of us were surprised by a number of moves & there's been a lot of debate over what the pre-season meant.

If generalities will help get the ball rolling, I can tell you that Fisher's mantra has been simple from the start; run the ball well, protect the QB, and get off the field on third down. If I had to guess, I'd say The Rams WILL be able to run the ball well- Jackson looks good, the two rookie RBs flashed in pre-season to varying degrees & in varying areas.The offensive line has been revamped extensively & seemed to run block well with a variety of guys in there but rehabs/injuries & extended auditions for guys who didn't ultimately make the cut means we can't even be sure of the line-up. Pass pro has been inconsistent but not disastrous. Bradford looks sharp but most of his skill players are either young, retreads, or journeyman temps for rookies who need some development but we hope will be upgrades,TE Kendricks & WR Amendola being the exceptions. Anybody's guess there who else will step up. We have speed in rookie WR Givens but he's a rookie....

As for getting off the field on 3rd down.....not so good in pre-season. Young or new to the team & now injured, the interior Dline is still a question mark. Our 1st rounder, Brockers, looked like a future stud until he got the dreaded high ankle sprain. At best, a big drop off to the next runstuffer. Our DEs look like a strength; both Long & Quinn are looking good. New outside OLBs are starting to mesh. Decent pedigree there; Dunbar from The Saints & your own Rocky Mc. Interested to hear how you felt about that. So far, he's looking solid. Our MLB , Laurinaitis, is the best LB we've had since we stupidly let London F go. Still, lots of new parts so I'm concerned about how quickly this group comes together. Has the makings of a strength in the long run but...

The D backfield is another experiment.DB Finnegan was a solid pick up ( not as high on him as others just,imo), Jenkins at the other CB spot is crazy talented but has made some mental mistakes as rookies do. Mikell is solid at FS & we hope Stewart is healthy at SS - missed all of pre- because the depth is dubious and/or green.

The Rams first string certainly has the makings of a pretty solid team on both O and D but depth and experience are issues. If the injuries pile up, so will the rookie mistakes. We'll know more by tomorrow night.
    Rambos and Holt Your Horses like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    New outside OLBs are starting to mesh. Decent pedigree there; Dunbar from The Saints & your own Rocky Mc. Interested to hear how you felt about that.
    First of all, I'll start here because this seems like the most useful info for you guys to have today. Things to know:

Rocky McIntosh was a much better 4-3 OLB than a 3-4 ILB (which was where he was playing the last two years in DC). He's a steady vet that's solid in pass-pro (he can cover your average TE, but will struggle against the top-tier guys), solid in the run game (normally a sure tackler and sound with his technique and responsibilities, but he does have fits if OL are allowed to get on him), a decent blitzer (he'll never be a consistent sack threat, but he has the ability to flash and surprise from time to time) and can pretty much do everything that was asked of him in the 4-3 scheme. Everything about him screamed "good player." He's a classic case of 'good at everything, but not superb at anything.'

His biggest concern in the 3-4 was being able to shed blockers and make plays at the point of attack. That isn't his strength. He can fill the gaps adequately and he's normally a reliable tackler, so a 4-3 scheme can alleviate his weakness by keeping OL occupied with 4 down linemen.

The other concern with Rocky was his degenerative knee condition. Coming out of college, this condition pushed Rocky into the second round of the draft, where we picked him up. He missed some time because of his knees early on with the Redskins, but has been steady and healthy since then, so it looks like he cleared that hurdle. But it bears watching.

Ultimately, Rocky was a very good guy to have for the Redskins when we ran the 4-3 under Gregg Williams and Greg Blache. When we switched to the 3-4, it was kind of like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. For this reason, we were not upset at letting McIntosh walk, but we do know that he definitely has value in the right scheme. Hopefully Fisher can be that guy for him (and if Gregg Williams ever comes back, you can be confident in that fact).

...Now that I've addressed that immediate concern, I would like to thank you for responding so promptly. I really did not expect anyone to respond yet with the frenzy over week 1. It definitely helps to know that even the fans of STL are in the dark as to what plans Fisher has for this team. It sounds like Fisher is taking the same philosophies he used in Tennessee and bringing them to STL. I'm curious as to how that will affect Bradford's development.

Thanks so much on the perceived strengths and weaknesses coming out of preseason. I agree, it's difficult to assess any team without seeing them play a regular season game, especially for one that has such tremendous turnover from the coaching staff to the 53rd man on the roster. I'll make sure to keep an eye on STL vs DET this week, so hopefully I'll be able to see more of Fisher's philosophy in action.

Hi everyone, in advance of the week 2 game, STL vs. WAS, here's my promised scouting report on the Washington Redskins (from a Redskins fan/blogger himself).

Offense:

The strength of this offense lies in deception and balance. If the Redskins are able to gain consistent yards on the ground with their RBs, it becomes very difficult to defend them because of the versatility that RGIII has with his legs and through the air. This is the deepest Redskins squad since Joe Gibbs won his last Super Bowl in 1991. I am not just saying this in overreaction to a big week 1 upset; I have been saying this since before training camp started. It was not a surprise to me to see the Redskins drop 40 on the Saints (okay, maybe it was a little surprising to see 40 points, but I was not surprised to see a much improved offense). Shanahan has drafted the most players in the NFL since joining the Redskins in 2010, despite the treasure cove they gave the Rams for RGIII. The Redskins are fully comfortable going 6 deep at WR, 3 deep at TE, and 3 deep at RB - it doesn't really matter who is in the game. This was exemplified by Pierre Garcon - who caught 4 passes for 104 yards and a TD in the first two series of the game - getting injured halfway through the first quarter. Aldrick Robinson (a little known WR and 2011 6th round draft pick) stepped in seamlessly to catch 4 passes for 52 yards and a TD the rest of the way (along with drawing a 41-yard pass-interference penalty). Eight different Redskins caught passes against NOLA. The team has few stars (RGIII may be the only one), but every skill position player on offense can be trusted to play effectively. That has rarely been the case with this team.

The biggest weakness of this offense, however, is the offensive line. Jammal Brown was supposed to be the starting right tackle, but he re-injured his hip before the season started. Tyler Polumbus, a guy we plucked off free agency in the middle of last season, starts in his stead. Polumbus is very tall (6'8'') and has average athleticism. As a result, he has a tendency to allow DL to gain leverage on him and generate push. Once he starts getting beat physically, he overcompensates and becomes vulnerable to the speed rush. If the Rams are going to disrupt the Redskins' offense, it will be because Chris Long abuses Tyler Polumbus.

The rest of the offensive linemen are average, except for Trent Williams, who is finally living up to his billing as the #4 overall pick in 2010. There is nothing special there in the interior of the line, so great push from there can be equally as damaging as going after Polumbus.

Running Game Overview:

Zone-read option mixed with the stretch zone. The zone-read option is something that the Redskins unveiled in week 1 against New Orleans after hiding it all of preseason. In week 1, we beat this scheme to death, and New Orleans had no answer to it. Due to the stretch zone-blocking scheme that is at the heart of Shanahan's running game, the Redskins employ an offensive line composed of smaller, quicker athletes. As a result, the Redskins struggled to get consistent push with the inside zone against NOLA, but it didn't matter; Alfred Morris (Redskins rookie RB and 6th round draft pick) churned out yards inside in true workhorse fashion, while the Saints' containment failed to respect RGIII on the option keeper. This scheme requires unbelievable discipline to defend properly; a single cheating player will allow RGIII to escape to the outside and use his electric athleticism to gain yards and make defenders miss in space.

Alfred Morris is the starting RB for the foreseeable future, but the Redskins really have three running backs that Shanahan trusts equally; to end the 2011 season, the Redskins had five straight 100 yard rushers by players that were also rookies at the time (three 100 yard games by Roy Helu, two 100 yard games by Evan Royster). All three running backs are fully capable of carrying the load very well, though Shanahan tends to ride one guy in-game (despite the common misconception among fantasy football owners that Shanahan is a RB-by-committee guy...in any given game, he is not).

Alfred Morris: powerful one-cut runner that loves to initiate contact, has great vision, and makes the proper decisions within the zone scheme. He is one of those runners that appears to never go down on initial contact, and always falls forward when he is hit. He also has deceptively quick feet in tight spaces, often surprising even Redksins fans with making players miss at times. He came from out of nowhere this preseason and has earned his way up the depth chart. All Redskins fans are really impressed with him, and he looks (to this point) to be another one of Shanahan's late-round RB steals. Morris isn't a great route-runner and still has questions in pass-protection, though it certainly isn't because he isn't willing to man-up and take a LB head on. He can be a threat on screens, but won't offer much more in the passing game.

Roy Helu: the explosive and athletic RB out of the bunch. Helu is likely the most talented of the Redskins' running backs, getting the Redskins' longest TD run AND TD reception of the season in 2011. He has great hands and is a solid route-runner, offering a threat out of the backfield (caught 49 passes in 2011). Helu will play on 3rd downs and other passing situations, even if Morris carries the bulk of the load. His biggest question marks have been with durability.

Evan Royster: Royster is smart, one-cut runner that isn't especially athletic in any way, but earns his yards with great vision and decision-making. Royster likely won't play much unless Morris is ineffective or injured.

Passing Game Overview:

Pistol formation with spread concepts mixed with playaction and bootlegs are the name of this game. Shanahan is all about deception here. He uses the zone-read and stretch zone game to set up the playaction pass, and loves to get RGIII on the move with bootlegs. This was another aspect that New Orleans had no answer for. RGIII was just as effective rolling out to his left as he was rolling out to his right. He was also able to pull off some "backyard football" by extending the play with his feet, making pass-rushers miss, and allowing his WRs to work their way open after they finished their designed routes. Rookies are always susceptible to attempt to make plays that they shouldn't, but so far (in preseason and in week 1), we haven't really seen that with RGIII. Time will tell whether that occurs as teams get film on him.

The Redskins also love mixing up short with deep passes. RGIII's first six passes of the game against NOLA went behind the line of scrimmage. A majority of the rest of his throws went deep. Despite starting off the game with such short passes, RGIII ended the game averaging over 12 yards per attempt. Shanahan and RGIII are not afraid to go deep, and do it often. However, the moment DBs start playing with off-coverage, they will attack you with screens, quick slants, and quick hitches. The Redskins use spread formations often, adapting their offensive scheme from last year to include a lot of Baylor's concepts in an effort to tailor the scheme to RGIII's strengths.

Defense

3-4 scheme adapted from Jim Haslett's days in Pittsburgh. Very aggressive. The strenght of this scheme lies in the front-7. The Redskins were 2nd in the NFL in 2011 among 3-4 defenses with 18 sacks coming from the defensive line (only Baltimore's 21 sacks were better). That's better than San Francisco, Houston, and Pittsburgh. And that doesn't include sacks from Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan from the OLB spots, both of whom are the cornerstones of this defense's future. Stephen Bowen is the unheralded star of that DL, but Barry Cofield is also very good. Adam Carriker has been solid since being traded, and all of the coaches are really high on 2011 2nd round draft pick Jarvis Jenkins.

London Fletcher continues to be an ageless wonder. The other ILB is Perry Riley, who is explosive and athletic, playing with an aggressive edge and an instinctive nose for the ball. Honestly, I don't feel as if there is a weakness in this starting front-7. If the Redskins get injuries to either Fletcher or Riley, however, they will be hurting because the replacements are not ready for primetime.

The weakness of this defense very clearly lies in this secondary. The only trustworthy player in this group is Josh Wilson, who is as solid as you come in coverage and run-support. Deangelo Hall is well known; he's a hit or miss, gambling type of CB who can hurt his defense just as much as he can help them. Hall has been moved into the slot for the first time in his career, which Haslett hopes will alleviate the concerns for his gambles because he won't be on an island as much anymore. Cedric Griffin is the Redskins' nickel CB, and he is slow, losing athleticism by the day, and is a liability in coverage. Griffin can still lay players out, but he was abused in preseason whenever he was left in man-coverage.

At the safety position, the Redskins starters should have been Brandon Meriweather and Tanard Jackson. Jackson was suspended for the season after testing positive for marijuana (for the 3rd time) and Brandon Meriweather is out for 4 weeks with a knee injury. 2011 fifth rounder DeJon Gomes replaced Meriweather at SS. He's aggressive and fearless, but can be prone to finding himself out of position at times. He has promise, but he can be taken advantage of in coverage at this point in his career. Madieu Williams is the FS, and much like Griffin, he's older and not very athletic at this point in his career. Williams has been beaten in coverage consistently in preseaosn and again against NOLA.

The Redskins rely on their pass rush to mask the deficiencies in the secondary. Haslett loves to blitz from all angles with all players. He is not afraid to send his slot CBs, safeties, ILBs, or OLBs at any point. Haslett also gambles with zero-blitzes, leaving every man in the secondary on an island; at times it's worked to perfection, at other times it has burned the Redskins and cost them games. With the current status of the secondary, those blitzes are especially worrisome to Redskins fans. Haslett tends to use these tactics, however, when he isn't getting pressure with 4-5 rushers. Getting good protection from the start is important when you try to tease Haslett into doing something risky. Otherwise, Haslett will continue to use zone-blitzes while keeping 6-7 players in coverage.

Take this scouting report for what it's worth, coming from a Redskins fan . I'd be really interested in how the Rams feel about their team, and where you feel your team's strengths and weaknesses are in regards to the overall schemes and philosophies.
    UK Ramfan 83 and Tampa_Ram like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll give it a shot.

Passing O:

Bradford can be effective at times, and ineffective at others. He's been up and down lately, though understandably. He RARELY turns the ball over, so don't count on DeAngelo Hall, Cedric Griffin, Josh Wilson, or Dejon Gomes to get many if any INT's. Our WR's run many timing routes, and we run a short passing attack. Steve Smith, Danny Amendola, and Brandon Gibson are all good route runners, and will catch a few balls here or there for mediocre gains, but wont scare anyone past 15 yards. We only have one true deep threat in Chris Givens, but Bradford has had trouble connecting on the deep ball with him. Our starting C and LT will be missing this game, so Orakpo, Cofield, Jarvis Jenkins, and Kerrigan should have tons of QB pressures and sacks. We also have a very talented TE in Lance Kendricks who just doesn't seem to get involved in the gameplan what-so-ever. If our offensive line can hold up the edge rush you guys will provide (I've been saying leave the TE and RB in to chip), Bradford will pick you apart slowly.

Run O:

Our offensive line had tons of trouble opening holes against Detroit, and I don't see it getting much easier against the Redskins 3-4 D. We still have the dangerous and powerful Steven Jackson, who should have a good game. Especially if we can get only 7 guys in the box. Expect a powerful, downhill, hat on a hat kind of running attack. We also have 2 very impressive rookie RB's. Daryl Richardson is a 1 cut slasher-hit-the-hole kind of guy, whereas Isaiah Pead is the homerun hitter (think Chris Johnson). I think we can get a few big gainers (10-20 yards) here or there, but we will have trouble continuously running the ball.

Defense:

Our defense against the Lions was admirable. They allowed a lot of yardage, but never really broke. Many seam passes and 9's were completed against us. We need to contain Fred Davis, or he will murder us. The secondary is in pretty good shape. Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins are solid. Finnegan is basically a shut-down corner, and a very physical, aggresive, hard-hitting corner. Jenkins is more of a off corner that will take his chances and play with air tight coverage. If our starting FS Darian Stewart can come back and play healthy, than you guys should have a lot of trouble passing. You guys have many weapons, but we have just as many CB's. Our pass rush will probably have a very good game. Robert Quinn and Chris Long are beastly coming off the edge. Polumbus has no chance against Long, though Trent Williams will win and lose some battles against Quinn. Our interior pass rush isn't great, but Kendall Langford will probably apply some pressure. We looked like a cover-2 Defense last week. Many deep passes down the middle of the field were completed. You guys can exploit that with guys like Garcon, Davis and Moss.

I think the Redskins will have a field day running against us. We have typically had trouble stopping zone running schemes, especially with our inability to stay honest. Our DE's like to crash hard leaving the edge very easy to set. I am very very worried about the stretch runs and zone read options. RG3 has the ability to break a few big runs, as we all know. I can see you guys basically having it your way on the ground.

I think if we can clamp down and stop the run and force RG3 to make plays with his arm we can win. He is bound to make a few rookie mistakes (especially with our great gameplanning and in-game adjustments). I can see Griffin throwing an INT or two.

THE DREAM TEAM

Thanks for that response sosa39rams, I really appreciate the time it took to do that. I hope you found my post useful. Any questions you guys have, I'd be happy to try and answer.

I do have one question regarding the passing attack - you say that you guys like to attack mostly short, quick timing routes...is Fisher running a version of the West Coast offense? Perhaps adapting some spread concepts? I don't remember him being known for that in Tennessee.

Defensively, it sounds like you guys tended to drop 7 into coverage and rely on Long/Quinn to provide the pass rush without blitzing much; would you say this is accurate? Is the scheme at all influenced by what Gregg Williams would have done there (Buddy Ryan-influenced, blitz-heavy, relying on man-coverage, at least in Washington and New Orleans during his tenures there)? Or did it appear to be more of a cover-2 type scheme?

Again, thanks so much for taking the time out for this.

Quote Originally Posted by aasimon View Post
    Thanks for that response sosa39rams, I really appreciate the time it took to do that. I hope you found my post useful. Any questions you guys have, I'd be happy to try and answer.

I do have one question regarding the passing attack - you say that you guys like to attack mostly short, quick timing routes...is Fisher running a version of the West Coast offense? Perhaps adapting some spread concepts? I don't remember him being known for that in Tennessee.

Defensively, it sounds like you guys tended to drop 7 into coverage and rely on Long/Quinn to provide the pass rush without blitzing much; would you say this is accurate? Is the scheme at all influenced by what Gregg Williams would have done there (Buddy Ryan-influenced, blitz-heavy, relying on man-coverage, at least in Washington and New Orleans during his tenures there)? Or did it appear to be more of a cover-2 type scheme?

Again, thanks so much for taking the time out for this.
    Brian Schottenheimer is a desciple of the West Coast/ Air coryell offense. From what I'm accustomed too, I see a lot of short routes, with occasional deep shots sprinkled in. I'd think that we would take more intermediate (15-25 yard) shots, but our offensive line was not able to let those longer plays develop. I'd expect a lot of slants, hooks, crossers, corner's, posts, and the occasional 9. Danny Amendola is usually the recipient of the pass.

and...

Probably around 55% of the time we dropped 7 and rushed 3 against the Lions. Long and Quinn provided no pressure what-so-ever, which was disheartening, but I wouldn't expect that to keep up. It looks like the opposite of what Gregg Williams would run. I know Williams liked to play 3 down lineman and blitz a lot of CB's and S's, but we rarely proceeded to do so. We basically had a 3 (55%) or 4 (35%) man rush all game, with blitzes only occurring about 10% of the time. I seen a nice mix of zone coverages and man coverages.

And no problem, you're write-up was fantastic!

THE DREAM TEAM

citr92 is offline Registered User

i'm hoping it was just week 1 conservative defense...

andrew8028 is offline Registered User

Another Redskins fan here. I just realized I created an account here many years ago because we seem to play the Rams every year.

This is one of the best threads I have read about a football game. I just wanted to ask aasimon, what site do you blog at? You seem to very knowledgeable about the Redskins and wanted to read your stuff.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

He's Clanram property now, and unfortunately we're putting him behind a paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew8028 View Post
    Another Redskins fan here. I just realized I created an account here many years ago because we seem to play the Rams every year.

This is one of the best threads I have read about a football game. I just wanted to ask aasimon, what site do you blog at? You seem to very knowledgeable about the Redskins and wanted to read your stuff.
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Passing O:

Bradford can be effective at times, and ineffective at others. He's been up and down lately, though understandably. He RARELY turns the ball over, so don't count on DeAngelo Hall, Cedric Griffin, Josh Wilson, or Dejon Gomes to get many if any INT's. Our WR's run many timing routes, and we run a short passing attack. Steve Smith, Danny Amendola, and Brandon Gibson are all good route runners, and will catch a few balls here or there for mediocre gains, but wont scare anyone past 15 yards. We only have one true deep threat in Chris Givens, but Bradford has had trouble connecting on the deep ball with him. Our starting C and LT will be missing this game, so Orakpo, Cofield, Jarvis Jenkins, and Kerrigan should have tons of QB pressures and sacks. We also have a very talented TE in Lance Kendricks who just doesn't seem to get involved in the gameplan what-so-ever. If our offensive line can hold up the edge rush you guys will provide (I've been saying leave the TE and RB in to chip), Bradford will pick you apart slowly.
    The only thing I would add to this is that, although bradford doesn't throw many interceptions, he has a propensity to fumble the ball when sacked. Granted, a lot of those are blind-side hits, but the left side is again weak without Saffold, and Bradford doesn't feel the pressure from that side well.
    Last edited by berg8309; -09-11-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Because I'm an idiot who can't place a / in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by andrew8028 View Post

Thanks for the kind words. My site is sportingparagon dot com (not sure if they allow links here, because it keeps saying my post needs to be reviewed by a moderator). Feel free to spread the word to other Redskins fans.

Brian Schottenheimer is a desciple of the West Coast/ Air coryell offense. From what I'm accustomed too, I see a lot of short routes, with occasional deep shots sprinkled in. I'd think that we would take more intermediate (15-25 yard) shots, but our offensive line was not able to let those longer plays develop. I'd expect a lot of slants, hooks, crossers, corner's, posts, and the occasional 9. Danny Amendola is usually the recipient of the pass.

and...

Probably around 55% of the time we dropped 7 and rushed 3 against the Lions. Long and Quinn provided no pressure what-so-ever, which was disheartening, but I wouldn't expect that to keep up. It looks like the opposite of what Gregg Williams would run. I know Williams liked to play 3 down lineman and blitz a lot of CB's and S's, but we rarely proceeded to do so. We basically had a 3 (55%) or 4 (35%) man rush all game, with blitzes only occurring about 10% of the time. I seen a nice mix of zone coverages and man coverages.

And no problem, you're write-up was fantastic!
    I Appreciate it sosa39rams, you gave me just the info I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by aasimon View Post
    I Appreciate it sosa39rams, you gave me just the info I was looking for!
    No problem bro!

THE DREAM TEAM

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd disagree with the premise that Long and Quinn provided no pressure. For much of the game Stafford was over-throwing his receivers, and he threw three interceptions. I'd argue that the defensive line's performance was somewhat uneven. At times, they were jumping the snap count and making Stafford make mistakes, but there were also times that we only rushed three or four and Stafford had all the time in the world to throw.