ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

wasn't there a team a few years ago that......

Didn't the panthers a couple of years ago have a horrible start like 1-8 or 2-7, and they won almost all of their games after that and finished like 7-9 or 8-8? It would be huge if we could do it escpecially for the moral and they would believe in scott linehan and it would prove what we could do if we weren't plagued by injuries, who's to say we can't do it? Just food for thought

P.s. I know I haven't posted much, been pretty busy with school, but im gonna try to post more, I have been lurking recently, but I will post more

Built RAM tough

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Re: wasn't there a team a few years ago that......

its not impossible but rather unlikely and i want linehan out of here so i dont think that would help the cause
    Torry Holt Dont play that

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

What bothers me though is that it is becoming a pattern. Last year we had a long losing streak before we started winning, and this year it's not too much different.

Glad to hear you are concentrating on school. I've been lurking more than posting, too, but I figured I didn't have too much to say that hadn't already been said.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Didn't the panthers a couple of years ago have a horrible start like 1-8 or 2-7, and they won almost all of their games after that and finished like 7-9 or 8-8? It would be huge if we could do it escpecially for the moral and they would believe in scott linehan and it would prove what we could do if we weren't plagued by injuries, who's to say we can't do it? Just food for thought

P.s. I know I haven't posted much, been pretty busy with school, but im gonna try to post more, I have been lurking recently, but I will post more

Uh huh- didn't we rally last year to finish 8-8 after losing like 5 or 6 in a row? You saw how that helped us out this year, right? There is no momentum for next season- it's a whole new beast every year. I know we've beaten this dead horse already, but to me- I see no difference between finishing 1-15 or 7-9. In the end, they're both losing records, you just get a higher draft pick with the former.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Uh huh- didn't we rally last year to finish 8-8 after losing like 5 or 6 in a row? You saw how that helped us out this year, right? There is no momentum for next season- it's a whole new beast every year. I know we've beaten this dead horse already, but to me- I see no difference between finishing 1-15 or 7-9. In the end, they're both losing records, you just get a higher draft pick with the former.
    Because, from the get-go WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME?

A higher draft pick does not always yield a better player. Shoot, sometimes it doesn't even yield a serviceable player. It is just the odds are better for doing so. (See Eric Crouch):\

Higher pick is also higher cap hit for the most part.

I would rather see a smart pick rather than a high one. If they happen to be the same thing, even better.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Well take some of the injuries ...how many wins do you think we would have? If we fire linehan and hire another headcoach the players would have to learn another system and in coaches first years most of the time teams don't have success. I want linehan to have 1 more year. Just think about it, if you give a 1st round draft pick 3 years to decide if the are a bust or not, why can't you do that for a head coach, his first year head coaching was last year so IMO he should get 1 more yar but everyone has their own opinions
    Built RAM tough

live4ramin is online now Registered User

If we fire linehan and hire another headcoach the players would have to learn another system
    First one must have a system. Unfortunately Linehans only method is playing not to lose. Bad breaks or no, this staff can't react or manage a game in flux.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -11-18-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: my first quote thing. adding the skills.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Because, from the get-go WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME?

A higher draft pick does not always yield a better player. Shoot, sometimes it doesn't even yield a serviceable player. It is just the odds are better for doing so. (See Eric Crouch):\

Higher pick is also higher cap hit for the most part.

I would rather see a smart pick rather than a high one. If they happen to be the same thing, even better.
    Hey, if the Rams play well and win, I'm not complaining. If they win ugly against a bad team, I don't see the point. I would rather see that bring us a higher draft pick.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    First one must have a system. Unfortunately Linehans only method is playing not to lose. Bad breaks or no, this staff can't react or manage a game in flux.
    I voiced this same complaint about Martz. :\
    RnD

GO RAMS!!