AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

A waste of a fine defensive effort

No Bulger.
    No Faulk.
    No Jackson.
    No chance.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: A waste of a fine defensive effort

I don't think there's an industrial solvent available that is capable of cleaning off the rust that Chris Chandler displayed today. The defense had a pretty good showing today. It's a shame the offense stumbled over its own feet.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'll say it....

If Bulger and Fauk or Jackson were playing today, that's a win.

ramavenger is offline Registered User

nice job defence

majorram is offline Registered User

What a waste indeed......... Little, butler played their butts off, never giving up..........crap display by the O.........Bulger and Jackson in there.. STARTING, A WIN.....

steve :ramlogo:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I was thinking more along the lines of what a waste of a good day. I could of wased the truck or cleaned the garage or even watched paint dry.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The defense played with a lot of energy and heart. It's a shame the offense could not do anything but give the ball back to the panthers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler I
    I don't think there's an industrial solvent available that is capable of cleaning off the rust that Chris Chandler displayed today.
    ....and that's exactly why it's a bad policy to have your backups working exclusively with the scout team.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Do you think Bulger would be having the kind of season he is if he was sharing snaps with Chandler? Who deserves more snaps to get in synch with the offense - Bulger or Chandler? When you start taking away the reps of your starter, he's going to suffer. Again, what would you have them do? It's not a great situation, but Bulger's still young and learning and improving. To take away his reps is to counter his development.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Do you think Bulger would be having the kind of season he is if he was sharing snaps with Chandler? Who deserves more snaps to get in synch with the offense - Bulger or Chandler? When you start taking away the reps of your starter, he's going to suffer. Again, what would you have them do? It's not a great situation, but Bulger's still young and learning and improving. To take away his reps is to counter his development.

Nic, i can't agree with you on this,as a player (not any more) though i wished you dont need to be in every practice play there is to be in synch!
    It's the 14th week and everyone should definetally should or better be in synch unless running added plays for the game (trick).
    Not meaning this in a negative way at all but, didn,t you play sports in school? Think about it did you think that you needed to be involved in every play or matter in what ever you did?.............These guys should be prepared by now and if they arent they have no business being here at this level don't you agree?
    All back ups need ample time with the first string offense just in case things of such nature happen! (injuries) I know that most,if not all teams do not do this but, maybe they should reconsider it!

Not every qb can come off the bench and win ala MB and KW. but, they had help then too!

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    Not meaning this in a negative way at all but, didn,t you play sports in school? Think about it did you think that you needed to be involved in every play or matter in what ever you did?
    In order to improve my skills, yes. If I'm at practice watching other guys go over technique and not getting time to do it myself, it's going to hinder what I'm capable of doing when it's my time to step up. Which is why I believe it's important to get a young impressionable guy like Bulger the reps he needs to polish his play over the season and then the more in-depth attention he needs over the summer to really address any problem areas.

Let me ask you, if the starters "should be prepared by now" and have no business in the league if they aren't, what's that say about Chandler, whose experience dwarfs most of the people in the league, let alone this team? Should he not be prepared by now to play efficiently when called upon? If he's still hanging onto the bad habits that have plagued him through his career, are a few more reps with the first team going to get rid of the inability to properly see the field or overthrowing receivers because you're throwing from your back foot?

I'm just not convinced that more practice time with the first team would have prevented any of this.

Yodude is offline Registered User

I don't have all the answers, dude...but there is no way that you can tell me there is nothing that can be done.

Worse comes to worse...add reps for the backup QB. These guys make millions....so keep 'em on the practice field for a half hour longer...whatever.

I mean it's not like QB's going down to injury are an unusual occurrance in the league. I'm not saying revamp your whole system of how you practice, but damn, your backup QB has to be more prepared to play than what Chandler was when you're in the middle of a playoff race.

You can go back to last year for another example when Warner was put in during the Detroit game (which decide home field for the Rams) when he hadn't seen the field all season long. I just can't see how there couldn't be something they could do differently to prepare for the inevitable injury.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

I'm not saying there's absolutely nothing that can be done, but rather taking time to give Chandler reps is going to take away from Bulger getting reps, and if you do that, then you're going to slow the growth of our starter. If Marc was a veteran, it would be different. But if you want another player to get some more opportunities, then it means less opportunities for someone else.

Also, I don't think you can just add hours to the workday. That sounds like something the NFLPA would cause a stir about if they found out about it. Didn't the Giants get fined for something like this in the offseason?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

The question now becomes - should you really stay with Chandler? Those were not throws by Chandler - they were muscle spasms of a Dead Man. With more walking dead at RT, there is not enough voodoo powder in Haiti to keep Chandler on his feet any longer.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    ....and that's exactly why it's a bad policy to have your backups working exclusively with the scout team.
    Name me one backup in the NFL that shares equal amount of snaps with the starting QB?

You can't. If Chandler had been taking away snaps from Bulger during the year, and Bulger tanked, you would have been saying "why is Chandler taking snaps with the first team?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast