RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

A Waste of Good Beer

After the past few games, I am almost ready to give up my pledge to only drink good beer during Rams games. I can always get a beer buzz from Milwaulkees Best, but I am of the belief that a good football team deserves a good beer. In addition, I only drink beer brewed in St. Louis during the games.

Superstition? Maybe.

I have yet to read about sage being burnt before a game. Or wearing game worn pants.

What does this have to do with the Rams not winning?

Not a lot, except a theory.

Years ago, someone proposed the idea that a butterfly in the Amazon could flap his wings, causing the air to stir, and said air could influence the weather...i.e., cause a hurricane in the Atlantic.

To be honest, this forum has been lacking the support of past years. In the old days, sage would be burned, game worn pants would be worn, people would be rubbing their magic footballs signed by the '99 Rams...but this year, the superstition is missing.

Maybe the losses are due to Linehan. Maybe we just suck.

Maybe the scent of burning sage causes Holt to make more TDS. Maybe the air disturbed when putting on game worn pants disturbs the weather enough to cause a gust that propels Jackson into the endzone.

Maybe I need some sleep.

But, can we just once have a pre-game ritual thread, one that sends positive energy for our team? Who knows, maybe the Rams read our site before each game. If they do, wouldn't you want to play a part in helping our team win?

Next week, I'm going to buy Budwieser Select, instead of Busch.

I'll buy Milwaulkee's Best in the offseason.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: A Waste of Good Beer

Oh god, no Milwaulkee's Best, or "The Beast" as we called it in high school. Really nasty stuff there. We used to speculate as to what kind of horrid ingredients they added to it, but I don't want to make anyone sick with details.

tanus is offline Registered User

I had Budweiser Select in my beer fridge today. I'm thinking next week I need to go back to Bud Light.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I can make my homemade chili with goat cheese sprinkled on top for the whiners games if we want to try the calling upon the superstitions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I am going to retire this horrid gold Rams t-shirt to the drawer. I wore it during the SF game. I thought that it was only a coincidence until I wore it again today. Never again!!! I will switch back to the Rams Hoodie. Maybe it has some MoJo left in it....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I can make my homemade chili with goat cheese sprinkled on top for the whiners games if we want to try the calling upon the superstitions.
    I'll pay for the shipping if you wanna cook up some extra and send it to me.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Bud is premium beer? When did this happen? :P I can only assume there are other local micro brews that make a beer far superior to bud, so if you must drink a local brew pick one of those.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Oh and as far as it being the fans fault, please most of us could call better plays than Linehan did today.

We can cheer as loud as we want and do all the funky superstitous nonsense we want, but if the plays don't get made, it was all for naught.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    I'll pay for the shipping if you wanna cook up some extra and send it to me.
    Can you ship food through the mail? It might be entertaining to try it out. I make it spicey and the spice keeps it good longer.

Maybe this is a job for FedX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]