Thread: Watch this name

eauclare is offline Registered User

Watch this name

Fred Pagac. He is the current LB coach for the Vikings and could be the new Rams DC when LF is announced as HC on Friday.

Pagac was with Oakland from 2001-03 and KC from 2004-05.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Re: Watch this name

I'm hoping that we won't go with an all-rookie lineup if LF does get the HC job.

I'm intrigued by Romeo Crennel for DC and ,if the Jets can make up their friggin' minds & let him go early like The Rams did with Haz, Bill Callahan for OC.

Dunno if their defensive philosophies would mesh but RC was a much better DC than HC.

Callahan was brilliant,imo, with The Raiders; adaptable and creative and v. good with the o-line. He also did a pretty good job revitalizing the Jets running game this past year.

AbramAssassin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I'm hoping that we won't go with an all-rookie lineup if LF does get the HC job.

I'm intrigued by Romeo Crennel for DC and ,if the Jets can make up their friggin' minds & let him go early like The Rams did with Haz, Bill Callahan for OC.

Dunno if their defensive philosophies would mesh but RC was a much better DC than HC.

Callahan was brilliant,imo, with The Raiders; adaptable and creative and v. good with the o-line. He also did a pretty good job revitalizing the Jets running game this past year.
    crennel would be an awesome pick up for DC. in new england he made one of the best defences ever imo.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AbramAssassin View Post
    crennel would be an awesome pick up for DC. in new england he made one of the best defences ever imo.
    I'm more convinced that Bill Belicheat and Scott Pioli put together the defense and advised Romeo on how to run it.

Sorry but I'm not interested in Romeo walking our sidelines.

eauclare is offline Registered User

My pick would be former Jags coach Capers.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I'm of two minds about Capers.

He has a good record as DC but it was a while back & yet had very little positive impact on Houston's D when he was HC. The fact that he slipped back to positional coach indicates that he is perhaps burned out-he is a Vermeil-esque workaholic- or considered around the league as guy who was in the right place at the right time which over-inflated his rep.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post

Crennel is a straight 3-4 guy. Read and react 2 gap type. I'm pretty sure that Frazier is all 4-3. He came in with Jim Johnson in Philly and as far as I know, he runs a similar attacking 4-3 in Minny. They are pretty much polar opposites in philosphy and I'm not sold on Crennel as a DC without the puppetmaster backing him up.

Callahan is okay, but I think he gets way too much credit for the Jets running game. They added Faneca, Woody, Tony Richardson and Bubba Franks and the guys they replaced are all out of the league. Favre's deep ball also opened the run up a bit. By all accounts he did a good job, but he wasn't exactly working with nothing over there.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm more convinced that Bill Belicheat and Scott Pioli put together the defense and advised Romeo on how to run it.

Sorry but I'm not interested in Romeo walking our sidelines.
    +1
    Last edited by Ventesette; -01-16-2009 at 06:54 PM.