UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Watching the games? what do you do if they are not on tv

I have a question. I had direct tv for many years and I had the NFL ticket so I am spoiled and I like to watch a lot of games. This year I switched over to cable because it was cheaper to do the package deal and I got high speed internet.

My question is now that I have cable, what do I do without the NFL ticket? How do you guys manage to watch the games? I am planning on seeing a couple of the games in person, but what do I do about the other games? How do you far roaming people get to watch the games?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Watching the games? what do you do if they are not on tv

When I was going abroad, I'd use TVUplayer or SOPcast to see the games online. Even if the game isn't being televised nationally, often somebody will stream a local broadcast. It's not as good as watching on tv, but it's better than nothing.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Before last year I would just go to a local sports bar or pizza place that showed multiple games and try to get a seat close to the Rams game. Then most started having rules that you had spend x amount of dollars every hour to keep your table, and since I'm not one who likes to get wasted at 10 am, I either bought food I didnt eat or forked over money for nothing...it got real lame. Fortunatley my mom has direct tv, so I paid her get sunday ticket over and go over there every sunday. If I didn't have that option, I guess I'd use sopcast.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Usually I watch the game at a fellow Ram fan's house. I have been doing that since before the Rams won the Super Bowl. However, now he is retired and is gallivanting all over the USA in an RV and has his dish on the RV. He will be back at the end of next month though and we will resume viewing upon his return. In the meantime, I'll be diriving downtown to Kahului (about 15-20 min) to visit "The Ale House" a local watering hole which opens nice and early in order that us fans won't miss seeing our favorite teams. One can order a hearty breakfast if desired accompanied by one's selection of beverage, while watching the game of your choice. Since the early games begin at 7:00 am here, it is nice to have a place to go and watch. There are other "sports bars" on Maui -- one is less than a mile from where I live, but that establishment doesn't open for the early games and therefore does not attract my business. Probably the main reason I enjoy going to the Ale House is that besides having the most and the biggest tvs, the manager is a Ram fan, so I never worry about whether Rams games will be shown ...
    Last edited by MauiRam; -08-26-2007 at 04:19 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I have to have Directv with the NFL Package, regardless of the cost. No other way to go. I'm so fanatical, when I travel I'll take my satellite box with me and if need be my dish so I never have to miss a Rams game. One interesting thing I've found in my travels is that I can pick up local games that are normally blacked out when I use my box. You didn't here that here though.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I tried to get direct tv and the angle that they would have to place the dish wouldn't pick up the signal,so I go to the local bar/restaurant and watch it there,I am lucky because the owner is a Rams fan so that game always goes on the big screen while everyone else watches there games on regular tv's.it's fun but I wish we had more national TV games so I could watch at home.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I have to have Directv with the NFL Package, regardless of the cost. No other way to go. I'm so fanatical, when I travel I'll take my satellite box with me and if need be my dish so I never have to miss a Rams game. One interesting thing I've found in my travels is that I can pick up local games that are normally blacked out when I use my box. You didn't here that here though.
    If I recall correctly, Mike, that is because your receiver is coded to your zip code. Which, of course, means that if a game is blacked out where your dish is registered you cannot get the game on your receiver no matter how far you go.:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    If I recall correctly, Mike, that is because your receiver is coded to your zip code. Which, of course, means that if a game is blacked out where your dish is registered you cannot get the game on your receiver no matter how far you go.:l
    Funny how that works out.