r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The Water Cooler: How Will Bradford Bounce Back?

How will Bradford bounce back?

By REID LAYMANCE
    Monday, December 13, 2010

THE WATER COOLER:

How do you expect Sam Bradford to bounce back from Sunday's performance in New Orleans?

BERNIE MIKLASZ:

He'll be fine. There's nothing goofy or panicky about the guy. They need to sharpen their blitz pickup and come up with more creativity on third downs and in the red zone. Defenses have begun to take away some of Bradford's favorite plays and it's up to this coaching staff to adjust if it can. It also does not help him that he's throwing to a few guys who probably should be driving trucks right about now, but the Rams can't address that right now.

Oh, and one more thing: is Danario Alexander on the team? You say that he is? Good. Send a memo and notify Pat Shurmur.

JEFF GORDON:

Sam will be fine as long as the Rams don't expose him to too much abuse during the final weeks of the season. Fans clamoring for a wide-open passing game got a little reality check watching Sunday's game. Forced into catch-up mode against a top team on the road, he looked very much like a rookie.

The Rams need to get back to basics. Run the ball to set up the play-action pass. Stress quick throws and ball-control routes. Mix in a few deep shots. Put the kid in a position to succeed and minimize the risk of failure. Sam is confident, but second-year Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is confident, too -- and look at what has happened to him in recent weeks.

KATHLEEN NELSON:

Think he'll bounce back pretty well. He seems to learn from mistakes. On the one hand, KC has been a little sack happy, so they probably will bring pressure as well. On the other, the Chiefs have allowed more passing yards per game than the Saints (232 vs. 198), so their generosity might help him regain his mojo.

BILL COATS:

One thing Bradford has proved is that he doesn't dwell on the negatives. He was highly upset with himself after the Tampa Bay game, then came back the next week and completed 25 of 32 passes, two for TDs, in a victory over Carolina. Although Kansas City is a far better team than Carolina, I'd be surprised if Bradford doesn't have a strong outing Sunday.

JIM THOMAS:

There's some lessons to be learned about taking care of the football in the red zone. But Bradford will be just fine. Hopefully, the blitz pickup by his blockers will improve. It was the worst it has been all season.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: The Water Cooler: How Will Bradford Bounce Back?

Sams muffs in the red zone means to me that we're in the red zone more often.

Take away the fourteen point swing and we're with them there at the end.

Our tackling looks a lot better. Except when we tackle by the headgear.

Our run blocking looked good this week too. We look better running to the right.

Thank your personal diety we didn't buy a seat in soldier field yesterday.
    The break, don't bend offense.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I see him rebounding with 3 consecutive wins

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    I see him rebounding with 3 consecutive wins
    In all seriousness, I agree. IMO the Rams run the table and Bradford bounces back with a vengence and renewed sense of purpose.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    In all seriousness, I agree. IMO the Rams run the table and Bradford bounces back with a vengence and renewed sense of purpose.
    I like your mindset and i hope your right.Where as i think its very possible to win out....i honestly think we will go 2-1.Hopefully 3-0 but we will see the Chiefs can be beat they have flaws + without cassel they dont scare anyone.The whiners arent that great dont let last weeks beating make you think they are better than us.And the hawks....lets just say we got them

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

In all seriousness I can see us going 3-0, but we are not that far off were the possiblity of going 2-1,1-2 or worst yet 0-3. In reality none of the next 3 teams scare me, but all 3 worry me. The fact that this is un chartered water for this young team is a concern. It will be fun to watch & hopefully see them grow the next 3 weeks.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

You tell me that a rookie QB throws 2 INTs and the talk of the town is whether he'll bounce back next week and I'll tell you that you have a damn good rookie QB.