Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    btimsah Guest

The Way I See It.

The Rams defense was able to force 3 early turnovers and rattle Seattle QB Matt Hasselback. However, Hasselback being the NFL star that he is, shook those int's off and turned in a good performance.

Marc Bulger on the other hand did his usual - nothing. He did not throw any picks, but of course, threw no touchdowns. As a result, the offense could not get the running game going. The offensive line did struggle with pressure, but Hasselback under similar heat somehow managed to score 3 touchdowns.

• Bulger was 16-34 for 184 yards and of course no scores. He never scores.
    • Hasselback on the hand, shakes off 2 int's to go 25 of 36 for 279 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Had the Rams been able to muster anything through the air, the running game would have opened up and eventually touchdowns would have ensued.

Until the get the passing game going, it's going to be a long season. I'm not sure Bulger has it anymore. We are down to another offensive system and year. Don't forget Bulger's coordinator-killer list;

• Steve Fairchild
    • Scott Linehan
    • Al Saunders

Pat Shurmur next?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: The Way I See It.

Anybody who blames the lack of offensive production on Bulger this game is plain seriously stupid ...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

It's obvious we have a lot of work to do. The offense was dreadful with plenty of blame to be shared. We hurt ourselves with penalties- none more damaging than the 12 men on the field negating a blocked field goal return for a TD. We showed no poise or resolve. We gave up another long run for a touchdown. We were unable to convert any of the three turnovers our defense gave us into points- which always spells trouble. Josh Brown missed a makeable FG.

I'm not even getting into the Bulger thing- enough has been said already, and my positions are a matter of record on the forum.

Contrast today's performance with that of San Francisco- another divisional team who struggled last year- versus the defending NFC Champs. We're far from being ready, and it looks like a rough ride for the forseeable future. In addition, the schedule makers did us no favors, with 3 of the first 4 on the road.

One positive: James Laurinitis is going to be a helluva player. Today we received a small taste of what this guy can be.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Why is no one giving the Wide Receivers any problems. How many plays did Bulger have to throw it away because there were no options. Let's just face the facts. We went into this season short on talent in the wide receiver and we knew it. Bulger can't do anything if he has no targets. Let's give him a few games to let his receivers get on the same page as him. If nothing happens then, then maybe it's time to start complaining about our quarterback.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

btimsah: You do know that Spags wants us to be a run FIRST team right? The run is supposed to open up the passing game for this team, not the other way around. I have no idea about what exactly was failing today on offense, because I didn't watch it, but my bet would be that the offensive line got owned, by penalties and the chickens.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I have to agree. Bulger had more than 5 plays where he held on to the ball for about 3 or 4 seconds, and then scrambled to by more time and still did not have a target. The problem is that the receivers are to young to know how to escape their routes and come back to the quarterback, and there is absolutely no safety blanket for bulger. We need our rb's and te's to play like seattle's did for bulger to have success.

Our offensive scheme was weird. Its a west coast offense with limited plays to tight ends and almost no wr or rb screens. This should be 70% of our passing offense.

longfan is offline Registered User

i am in total shock we didnt utilize stephen jackson to the fullest...

shocked...

shocked...

see above for how i feel about it... shocked..

longfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    I have to agree. Bulger had more than 5 plays where he held on to the ball for about 3 or 4 seconds, and then scrambled to by more time and still did not have a target. The problem is that the receivers are to young to know how to escape their routes and come back to the quarterback, and there is absolutely no safety blanket for bulger. We need our rb's and te's to play like seattle's did for bulger to have success.

Our offensive scheme was weird. Its a west coast offense with limited plays to tight ends and almost no wr or rb screens. This should be 70% of our passing offense.

i agree.... what the heck do you think happened ??

hopefully what we saw wasnt the game plan...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by longfan View Post
    i am in total shock we didnt utilize stephen jackson to the fullest...

shocked...

shocked...

see above for how i feel about it... shocked..
    Exactly. Jackson should've been up more around 26 carries....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Anybody who blames the lack of offensive production on Bulger this game is plain seriously stupid ...
    RamsInfiniti, do you not realize he's our starting QB? I don't understand how one cannot blame the starting qb of an offense that got shut out.

Why is it so easy for you and others to turn on your typical list of non-Bulgers to blame, such as the offensive line and the receivers, but NEVER the QB himself? How is that possible?

You can continue to have faith that he'll return to some magical player you remember. But the fact remains that this team (as you've all said) is too bad for a QB like Bulger. He needs a great supporting cast to succeed, and that's even if he can anymore.

We don't have that cast, so we need a QB who can create plays on his own. Boller because of his running ability seems like a better fit at this time, if not opening up camp to all three and let the best man win.

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    but my bet would be that the offensive line got owned, by penalties and the chickens.
    Pretty spot on. it was frustrating watching the offense it was very jittery save for a couple of series.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post

Wow. Every year with Bulger now, it's the same story. I'm not buying it anymore.

Why are you so quick to throw our receivers under the bus, but ignore the fact that Bulger has been stinking it up for years now? It's always everyone else? The offensive scheme is as weird as it was under Al Saunders, Scott Linehan and Steve Fairchild. It's all the same because Bulger is in there. I doubt he'll turn it around anytime soon, either.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I think we watched two different games. Bulger had no time to pass and no one was open when he did. Hasselhoff had all the time in the world and only got knocked down one time, while Bulger was on his butt all night.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Wow. Every year with Bulger now, it's the same story. I'm not buying it anymore.

Why are you so quick to throw our receivers under the bus, but ignore the fact that Bulger has been stinking it up for years now? It's always everyone else? The offensive scheme is as weird as it was under Al Saunders, Scott Linehan and Steve Fairchild. It's all the same because Bulger is in there. I doubt he'll turn it around anytime soon, either.
    I never said anything about Bulger's performance. I thought he played horrible, but you cannot seriously be happy with the playcalling. Look at Seattle. They ran alot of screens and Hasselback always had Carlson to throw to. We didn't run well, and we got off the run quickly. Our passing game was the same the entire game and we barely ever had a tightend running downfield, and I never saw an open reciever.

Frito is offline Registered User

This was worse than I imagined it would be. If it were not for the Lions we would have no race this year. Race for the 2nd pick in the Draft.

Lord help us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast