View Poll Results: What do you think of Jackson to this point in his career?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great player

2 7.41%
  • Good player

16 59.26%
  • Average player

8 29.63%
  • Below average player

1 3.70%
  • Bad player

0 0%
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Way to stop Jackson

Stack the middle Jackson cant get to the outside. He is not Faulk either he has no elusiveness. Jackson 6 yards rushing 1/2 yard per carry. Faulk 0 attempts unacceptable.

Jackson allowed two sacks the one that knocked Bulger out he did not pick the guy up and Martins last one when he fumbled. Two blown pass protections.

For all the Jackson backers let me beat you to it bad offensive line he is a big straight ahead runner that needs space that is big to run through. Maybe big enough to drive a MAC truck through.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-20-2005 at 07:36 PM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Way to stop Jackson

Nothing Spectacular About Jackson To This Point. (average)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 Guest

Jackson is still a good player. He just needs a blocking FB and a Line that blocks on a consistent basis.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Faulk 0 attempts unacceptable.
    Yea, I don't get this at all. Why not get him a few touches at the very least to try and change things up? The play calling today was very eratic and never allowed the offense to get into any type of rhythm.

majorram is offline Registered User

he a good player but it all starts up front!!!with the O line

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    For all the Jackson backers let me beat you to it bad offensive line he is a big straight ahead runner that needs space that is big to run through.
    Considering Jim Hanifan said basically the same thing during KLOU's broadcast today, faulting the offensive line for not opening holes or blocking well for Jackson, I feel pretty good about that opinion.

That said, I was also rather surprised that Faulk wasn't utilized more.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

socalramfan Guest

Jackson to me is a good player he still has a lot of developing to do. Although he was the best pickup I have seen the rams get in three years. To me he will be a great player in the next few years. As Faulk goes I still back him to run the ball but let him get the job done in the red zone. Leave Jackson to run the long carries.

jkramsfan Guest

jackson will be fine, the o-line didnt give him any running room today,none at all

lilant2398 Guest

[QUOTE=STLRAMSFAN]

Jackson allowed two sacks the one that knocked Bulger out he did not pick the guy up and Martins last one when he fumbled. Two blown pass protections.

[QUOTE]

Maybe if you were actually watching the game you would of saw cards came with a overload blitz. Wilson and blockstock blitz from left side. Jackson cant block 2 people at once.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

[QUOTE=lilant2398][QUOTE=STLRAMSFAN]

Maybe if you were actually watching the game you would of saw cards came with a overload blitz. Wilson and blockstock blitz from left side. Jackson cant block 2 people at once.
    Well, I think actually it was Huff, but your point is still the same. If SJ had picked up Wilson on the blitz, there'd be people clamoring today about SJ not picking up the LB that hit Bulger instead of Wilson.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rammiser is offline Registered User

The way to stop Jackson is by putting an o-line in front of him that doesnt block anyone. I can't believe Jackson is getting blamed for his what 12 carries? The o-line was horrible sunday. I dont know about you guys but the only running back i ever seen run with a bad o-line was Barry Sanders. Do you think Alexander would have the success he's having with our o-lin, I doubt it!
    Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

It seems to me that the Rams run scheme is not tailored to Jackson's style, then again, maybe the O-line really is that pathetic.

One thing is certain: Jackson fumbles too often and too easily in critical situations.

Jackson can not block two guys. He picked up a guy on the play that got Bulger hurt. Manu, on the other hand, blocked no one.

I am still shaking my head as to the design of that play. Bulger had a misread at the line or Manu completely missed his assignment. I'd be willing to bet it was the latter.

I swear there must be someone paying the Rams big bucks to put Manu on the field.