Thread: The way we play

39thebeast is offline Registered User

The way we play

Coming into the season this is the type of Ram Football I expected. If you told me Chris Long was going to get a sack, OJ was going to force 2 turnovers, S-Jax was going rush for over 125 and a TD, Avery was going to catch 2 TDs, Bartell is going to shutdown the other Team's number 1 receiver, the 0-line gives up 2 coverage sacks,and Bulger was going to throw for nearly 300 yards and 2 tds. Im expecting a win 97% of the time. Sadly this was in the 3 percent, but IMO everyone we need to play their best in order to win did just that and played their best.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: The way we play

I think this was the week we saw our true identity. Even our win over Detroit was iffy. If we can play like this, every week, we can probably win every game left on the schedule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I think this was the week we saw our true identity. Even our win over Detroit was iffy. If we can play like this, every week, we can probably win every game left on the schedule.
    I think if we play like we did today a 5 win season isn't out of the question.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

yea there were significant imporvements in every area of the team. special team coverage let us done today, but they have been pretty good all year. we just lost to the best team in the NFC on the last play what a great game the rams played

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

This is RAMS FOOTBALL.

Deavaney and Spagnuolo's dream?

A) Power Offense. CHECK!
    B) Physical Defense. CHECK!
    C) Team Intensity. CHECK!
    D) Team Dicipline. CHECK!

Now only if we can get that to happen every game.

I can't wait until a full offseason with this coaching staff and Front Office, I'm excited!
    RamsFan16

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I think this team is developing team chemistry. It takes some time, but slowly but surely we are getting there. I'm so damn proud of these guys despite the loss. They played really really well today. I know it's hard to swallow another loss, but I think they should be proud of the way they played. If they play like this every Sunday, I have no doubt in my mind that we could win against anyone.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If it isn't the Saints, the 3% doesn't make a difference. The Saints are one of the best teams in the NFL, you can't make any mistakes when you go against guys like that. If the Rams played like that against the rest of the NFC West each week, they win the division. Zero doubt.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Bye week did wonders offensively and defensively. Offensively you get Avery healthy and give Gibson another week in the system to learn the plays and develop some chemistry.

To me the defensive coaching experience really shows. Spags and Flajole game plan brilliantly. They wanted to take away the best receiving core in the NFL and they did that. They wanted to contain Manning so they put Dahl in there as an LB for better coverage the only game Manning didn't throw for 300. It is crazy to imagine what these guys could do with even more talent

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Of the 3 WRs on the team at the half, none of them was active during preseason and most of camp. Gibson and Amendola were added after and Avery was injured most of camp. That's pretty wild.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

If we take a team that has scored 426 points in 9 games, that is undefeated and scored over 40 points to teams like the giants, jets and Philadelphia (1,3,and 9 defenses) never won by less than 7 points ... before facing the Rams I would say that you have to be a very solid team to perform the way we performed against them.
    YES is true, we did have 2 weeks to prepare for this game, but is also true that we only face this kind of teams once a season. Does anybody have any doubt that if this Rams team would have showed up against washington, jacksonville or even green bay the outcome would have been much more different?
    I'm sure the team is gelling and hopefully, if they keep focused many more W will come.
    The picture of the game I have in my mind is Karney celebrating with Smith after opening a hole for #39 on 3rd and 3 or 4 in the second quarter. I mean, when was the last time we saw something like this?