Rambos is online now Registered User

We are 3rd against the run

It looks like we are moving in the right direction, we need another big week come Sunday against the run.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: We are 3rd against the run

We played the *****...

Besides, it doesn't matter if we can't stop the pass. Seems like the inverse of 2004, huh?

Rambos is online now Registered User

We played the *****...

Besides, it doesn't matter if we can't stop the pass. Seems like the inverse of 2004, huh?

I think it matters when we finished 27th last year and made the changes with the LB. It’s not a sure thing that it’s fixed but it’s a good start to be number three now. It’s only one game but as far as an overview it’s one aspect of the game that is a positive.

The whiner game is over, can’t dwell on it for too long it’s time to move on. Last year is last year the whiners might have made some moves to get up off the mat only time will tell. If they beat the Eagles our loss to them will not look so bad, in some people eyes. It’s still just one loss no matter how they play this year.

I think the Eagles beat them, but that is why we play the games, the ball rolls funny for everyone at some point.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-14-2005 at 07:20 PM.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

We should celebrateAttachment 469 because we may never see top three again.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-10-2005 at 02:24 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Wasn't Seattle a top defense after 2-3 weeks last year? Hopefully our run D reign lasts longer than that.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

We should acknowledge the improvements made against the run. We were really in need of improvement. At the same time, Rattay (SF) had a 142.0 rating against us and that's lights-out ridiculous. That's better than Peyton Manning played last year.

Hopefully, Game 1 will be the exception and not the rule, cause we really stunk versus the pass in that game.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Itís not a sure thing that itís fixed but itís a good start to be number three now.
    Our rushing defense was good against the Whiners last year. That's the point I'm trying to make.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I don’t like using passer ratings to judge a QB. I agree the Rat did well against us and we need to improve. But I still like judging QBs the old fashioned way by using the stats and what you see in the games. Some of the passes that the Rat completed was not do to what he did right as much as it was what we did wrong.

You said his passer rating was lights out and that it was better then Peyton played last year. I think you would agree he did not look better then Peyton last year it's just his QB rating which can be deceptive.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-14-2005 at 10:30 PM.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I don’t like using passer ratings to judge a QB. I agree the Rat did well against us and we need to improve. But I still like judging QBs the old fashioned way by using the stats and what you see in the games. Some of the passes that the Rat completed was not do to what he did right as much as it was what we did wrong.

You said his passer rating was lights out and that it was better then Peyton played last year. I think you would agree he did not look better then Peyton last year it's just his QB rating which can be deceptive.

He just played pretty much mistake free ball

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    He just played pretty much mistake free ball
    I guess that fumble didn't count.

The run defense looked real good. They did not let the run get started. Little was on fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theodus69 is offline Registered User

week 1 ......... we shall see how long we hold that spot of #3 against the run, We did play the DECLINERS! And the Cards couldn't beat the lowly Giants. Week #2....GOD I love football!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!