Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

We all knew this was coming.

We are now in the stretch of games that will make us or break us. We already lost to SD can we now win two of three?

Nov 5 Kansas City Home
    Nov 12 Seattle Road
    Nov 19 Carolina Road

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: We all knew this was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    We are now in the stretch of games that will make us or break us. We already lost to SD can we now win two of three?

Nov 5 Kansas City Home
    Nov 12 Seattle Road
    Nov 19 Carolina Road
    Yes.

First of all AV guarantees the win vs KC, That's good enough for me.

The Seahawks are banged up and their D is not as good as last year.

Carolina seems to be reeling a bit. Spanked by the Cowboys Sunday night

So at least 2 of 3 if not a sweep.

majorram is offline Registered User

I'm always optismistic... YES we can win these games coming up starting with KC sunday.........

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

At the bye week, I thought that a 2-2 record in this stretch of 4 games would be a very good accomplishment. Heck, before the season, I thought 1-3 was possible, and 0-4 was probable, but how the season has changed. ...as it always does. Looking at the teams coming up, KC at home, Seattle and Carolina away. I have to say I'm more confident now in our ability to win 1 or 2 of these games. It all depends on circumstances that effect each week. Injuries, and the general state of a team's health, both mental and physical, change so much from week to week. Before Hasselbeck and Alexander went down, I didn't see us winning either Hawk game. Now, we have a chance because they're not at full strength. We're not as good as them when both teams are full up. Be honest. We're just not. But with changing circumstances, you never know. Kansas City? We can beat them in a shootout, at home. Carolina? Man, I can't figure them out. They sometimes just don't show up. But we're playing them in their crib, and we're not a good road team. Let's hope they decide to take that week off.

So, we all knew this was coming, and the more rational Ram fans have said from the beginning this team is a work in process and this year is going to be better than last year, but we're still a year or two away from being really good. Most of us figured we'd win enough games this year to "tease" us into believing we were a playoff team, but knowing we'd probably fall a little short. Most of us knew the Charger game would be a real indicator as to what this team is all about. Well, we got our answer. The answer we all knew was coming. At least to those without blinders on.

I'm encouraged by what I see so far. I really am. Heck, I knew that our defense wasn't very good. In fact, I made a comment about Haslett, our defense, and "smoke and mirrors" and got chastised by some fellow members for saying it. When we blitzed like crazy against the Broncos, we made all the right calls and looked great. When we sit back and play soft, we get burned because we don't have the guys up front to play it honestly. So, we are forced to play defense using the "smoke and mirrors" effect. But I knew that, and I'm okay with it. If we add as many off-season moves next year as we did this year, on the defensive side, we'll get better. But for now, this team is "under major construction", but I do see improvement. We played a very good Charger team yesterday and were looking at a possible game-tying TD when disaster struck in the form of a fumble return for a touchdown. We still fought to the end though, and that's huge, in my books. We just didn't have enough weapons to defeat the enemy. Let's take it week by week and see what circumstances unfold.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -10-30-2006 at 04:43 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Most of us knew the Charger game would be a real indicator as to what this team is all about. Well, we got our answer.
    Yep, this game was the real indicator. It knocked me back down to reality, blew my blinders off and proved we are what we were percieved to be, a middle of the pack team with some work to do. I still believe we can improve and am hopeful we can make a run.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    we can make a run.
    Where? The store to buy more beer?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Where? The store to buy more beer?
    If you have to ask.....

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

the bottom line on this team is they a lot more fun to watch than the last couple of seasons!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I feel we can beat anybody. You gotta have faith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

When you see what we did against Denver's offense, it just kills me that we can't do that every week on defense. Its not like the talent isn't there, its just like...there's something missing or something. I don't know, there's no explanation with it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    When you see what we did against Denver's offense, it just kills me that we can't do that every week on defense. Its not like the talent isn't there, its just like...there's something missing or something. I don't know, there's no explanation with it.
    I can tell you that one easy......

What has been missing is Jake Plummer clones on the rest of our opponents. You have to admit, he DID make it look easy.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Yep, this game was the real indicator. It knocked me back down to reality, blew my blinders off and proved we are what we were percieved to be, a middle of the pack team with some work to do. I still believe we can improve and am hopeful we can make a run.
    Don't despair Mike, there is a silver lining in the Charger loss. While we knew that a loss was probable, and eventually realized, we have to take pride in the fact that our team got over 400 yards of offense against the #1 defense (statisically) in the league. It says that our offense can play with anyone's defense, so we're never out of a game. I was concerned about a possible dropoff in offensive production under Linehan, but we still have the skill players on O. If we could just get the D to pick it up a little.... :\
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Pisa was missing. No fire, no guts, no glory, no driving force. Witherspoon bid really well but our d isnt a one punch team. Da ol 1-2 would've been great for us but 2 wasnt there.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Marc see the big picture.

"I'm sure the talk about our division being weak has started again,"
    quarterback Marc Bulger said. "We'd rather be tied for first if we were 5-2 or
    6-1. But we'll take it, knowing that in this little stretch here, we've got to
    find a way to win at least one or two of these road games."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Marc see the big picture.

"I'm sure the talk about our division being weak has started again,"
    quarterback Marc Bulger said. "We'd rather be tied for first if we were 5-2 or
    6-1. But we'll take it, knowing that in this little stretch here, we've got to
    find a way to win at least one or two of these road games."
    Did he forget about KC this Sunday or did he read AV's win guarantee. Any how win one or two of the road games coming up. Yo Marc, 2 would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast