Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GolfnRAMFAN
  • 2 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: We all know the bad and ugly!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We all know the bad and ugly!

How about we start listings some of the "good" things we've witnessed with our team?

I'll start it off:

2nd year QB Sam Bradford has proven he's a tough kid. Playing through a finger and toe injury and not complaining about it one bit. He also showed us that he can sling the ball as we witnessed against the New York Giants.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: We all know the bad and ugly!

I was actually very impressed with Austin Pettis sunday. He seemed to know what he was doing, and caught what came his way. I also liked his strategy on punt returns to draw flags haha. And seriously, how tough is Danario Alexander? That one catch and run he had was incredibly impressive as he got about 6 extra yards with guys hanging all over him.
    laram0 likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The good

-Bradford has thus far proven to be more tough/durable than I thought he would be. His 0.7 interception percentage is actually the best in the league through four weeks of football.

-Steven Jackson continues to run effectively when he has room, and Cadillac Williams has shown some flashes of being a quality back-up when needed.

-Danario Alexander has not had a major set-back with his knee since the season started.

-Austin Pettis is slowly taking advantage of his time on the field after being inactive early.

-Through four games, Chris Long has three sacks. Only 13 players in the league have accumulated more.

-Robert Quinn has shown flashes of being an explosive pass rusher.

-James Laurinaitis continues to be a dangerous threat to opponents in the middle of the field.

-Quintin Mikell has been a quality free agent signing so far.

-Bradley Fletcher has done well taking over as the top cornerback in Ron Bartell's absence.

-After a rough game against Baltimore, Darian Stewart came out ready to play against Washington and was very involved.

-Josh Brown is 6/7 on field goals this year, which despite being a limited sample size, is a better conversion percentage than his last two seasons.

-The Rams are among the top ten in the league in net punting, and rank 8th in the league in average return yards per punt allowed.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The good

-Bradford has thus far proven to be more tough/durable than I thought he would be. His 0.7 interception percentage is actually the best in the league through four weeks of football.
    This really is an incredible stat when one considers the amount of pressure is is under each game. He's not trying to force throws, even with the team desperate to get back into games. He's also not being pressured into throwing early or into coverage with a defender at his heels.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    This really is an incredible stat when one considers the amount of pressure is is under each game. He's not trying to force throws, even with the team desperate to get back into games. He's also not being pressured into throwing early or into coverage with a defender at his heels.
    That's true, though his accuracy is being affected (49.7%; 29th in NFL) and obviously the pressure is resulting in sacks (18, most in NFL) and fumbles (3, tied for second in NFL).

But this is the good news thread, so I'll shut up.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He needs to throw the ball away more quickly if he wants to stay away from being David Carr 2.0.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

FA pickup Quintin Mikell has been about the only player that has shined in every game. He was a great acquisition.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    He needs to throw the ball away more quickly if he wants to stay away from being David Carr 2.0.
    I've read elsewhere that only 2 sacks were Bradford's fault. I hate when people bring up the David Carr argument. Please keep that away.

Bradford is going to be a superstar. Even though everything is blowing up right now, he does NOT throw INT's. He just doesn't. The WR's suck and he still performs. The oline sucks and he still performs.
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've read elsewhere that only 2 sacks were Bradford's fault. I hate when people bring up the David Carr argument. Please keep that away.

Bradford is going to be a superstar. Even though everything is blowing up right now, he does NOT throw INT's. He just doesn't. The WR's suck and he still performs. The oline sucks and he still performs.
    I just pray he can still perform with 5 bone bruises, 4 shoulder strains, 3 cracked ribs, 2 broken fingers, and a partrige in a pear tree!

locazn is offline Registered User

Austin Pettis is showing he can get open (i wish he would catch the ball though). Our defense played tough against the skins. Bradford is awesome.. he made some nice throws that last game but we had like 6 dropped passes or something like that.. Home games are selling out..for now. Thats about it guys...like the thread though. Looking on the bright side of things!! We get a bye and hopefully we learn not to beat ourselves every game!! GO RAMS!!!!