Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

WE Already Have Our Offensive Coordinator

Henery Ellard........why not give him a chance.

viper is online now Registered User

Re: WE Already Have Our Offensive Coordinator

I don't believe he's had any experience as an offensive coordinator at any level. I'd prefer someone who has a proven track record. Not on the job training.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

sure.. but will linehan be able to provide that?? besides if not here ellard will be on O Coordinator one day..as soon as those fools realize what made Ike And Torry So Good. I would be willing to take a year and try ellard.. we all know he has to have some sort of talent calling plays.. after all he was a wide reciever.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    I don't believe he's had any experience as an offensive coordinator at any level. I'd prefer someone who has a proven track record. Not on the job training.
    I would not refer to a promotion for him as OJT. He does have 23 years of NFL offensive experience including stints under Ernie Zampese, as a player, and Mike Martz, as receivers coach.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If I felt like we had a head coach who had a firm idea of how he wanted the offense run and just needed someone to implement it, I'd be more willing to explore options like that. Under the circumstances, though, it seems like we're going to need a guy who is going to play a much more active role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I would not refer to a promotion for him as OJT. He does have 23 years of NFL offensive experience including stints under Ernie Zampese, as a player, and Mike Martz, as receivers coach.
    Those are certainly valid points. But, it would be "experimental" and I'd prefer someone that has experience drawing up X's and O's right now. I suppose it could work though.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

well if it happens next year or this year.. we will find out eventually.. I am a huge ellard fan...

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Those are certainly valid points. But, it would be "experimental" and I'd prefer someone that has experience drawing up X's and O's right now. I suppose it could work though.
    I would venture to guess that the majority of coaching moves, of any type, are "experimental" in context. To be fair, I'm somewhat certain that neither of us knows what type of experience Ellard has at drawing up plays or how he would do at scheming or with adjustments. I think that we could both agree that he has certainly seen his fair share of NFL playbooks and gameplans. Now, as far as Ellard having success as a playcaller during the game....well I'd say that is any fans best guess.

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

Its amasing how experience is desired and yet how EXPERIENCED has let you down. Thing is I don't know what Ellard has done after he left, so am rather ignorant. What has he done in terms of coaching--its possible he has earned the level to become OC.

But the Rams have a long history of missed opportunities with talent they let slip through their fingers. Fischer was once on the Rams staff but thought too young and inexperienced to take over the team from Robinson. Would it be the same case that the Rams is overlooking Ellard? Certainlly I would want his imput in play designs on offense. He has indeed seen and been apart of it all. And if I had my way, I certainly would want M. Faulk on staff if possible working at RB coach and O-line coach. If nothing else, these two can be groomed as eventual head coaches or possition coaches. I wager they certainly have an eye for talent and can pass on their experience since they are proven winners, hense experience

Agreed, Ferter. He's definitely been deeply immersed in some of the greatest offensive schemes known to man. I appreciate you pointing that out. It does make a difference in my mind. If he followed in that same offensive philosophy I'd be willing to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    But the Rams have a long history of missed opportunities with talent they let slip through their fingers. Fischer was once on the Rams staff but thought too young and inexperienced to take over the team from Robinson.
    The owner decided that she wanted to bring back Chuck Knox for a second stint. She probably took advice from Shaw on the matter as well. Anyways, Fischer was fired as DC, by Chuck Knox, after Knox got the job. Knox said he did not want anything to do with Fisher's defensive scheme. Good ole ground chuck.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    Henery Ellard........why not give him a chance.
    Does anyone know if Ellard even has an interest in being an OC? Hie may not want to. I recall Ernie Zampese being offered head coaching jobs and he simply was not interested. The thought of Ellard as OC for the Rams is certainly intriguing though -- I'd as soon experiment with Henry as some of the other names bandied about ...

PHAT-MONEY Guest

it is just somthing that i have thought about for awhile.. im sure he likes just working with recievers, but atleast with him he could bring back the explosive pass plays.. afterall we know how WR just love to get the bal.. besides it is better than anything that we would get with hue jackson

btimsah Guest

Does Marshall Faulk have any interest in coordinating? Because I'd posted that I thought Warner would make a good offensive coordinator. Most great QB's do., and furthermore he knows Martz system. Take a look at Alabama's offensive coordinator Major Applewhite. Sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised what they can do.

Ellard doesn't have the track record with Martz offense so I don't know what would be so special about him in my opinion.

I REALLY wanted Cameron to come here over Boring Linehan, but now Cameron looks a lot like Linehan.

In the end I want a professional play caller who knows how to use what talent we have. Linehan thought we had the Redskins 88 hogs offensive line with those pathetic draws on 2nd and 8 all the time. The Rams offensive line just isn't great at run blocking - PERIOD. And your gonna have to run the ball a lot less than you throw.

He never got that..

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post

In the end I want a professional play caller who knows how to use what talent we have. Linehan thought we had the Redskins 88 hogs offensive line with those pathetic draws on 2nd and 8 all the time. The Rams offensive line just isn't great at run blocking - PERIOD. And your gonna have to run the ball a lot less than you throw.

He never got that..
    They didn't pass block much better. Maybe that's why we have a new OL coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-19-2008, 03:49 PM