throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    WestSideRamsFan Guest

We Are The Best Team In The Nfc West...

there are some points here that I would like to make....first of all I belive that the ***** are way too overhyped...everybod has them as the most likely nfc west winner. since when does a corner make or break a team? Clements is the only big signing the whiners have ha d and yet it seems as though everybody wants to ride their bandwagon...sorry arizona, they gave up on you. Banta Cain is an average at best LB. funny to mention is when we were believed to have signed him the whiner fans were pokin fun at us but when the whiners signed him, he became a stud and excellent pick up. Michael Lewis is another signing that was benched for making repetitive mistakes. We all know how sorry Lelie is and Jackson is still suffering from turf toe. P willis can become a monster LB but not this year. the whiners 3 defensive linemen are weak. in order to succees in a 3-4 u must have stud linemen and the whiners only issued this problem by signing a third stringer from baltimore. where in the world is the improvemen? if winning a division is based on just a CB then lets empty the bank on champ.
    seattle is our main opponent for the division. if alexander and hasslbeck remain healthy they can be a serious contender. the cards still need another year to adapt to the new system and QB.....
    whiner fans are just gonna be dissapointed like the cardinal fans because they have been overhyped by espn and the media...sorry whiners but don't let the media get to you.

redheat Guest

Re: We Are The Best Team In The Nfc West...

Until anyone takes over Seattle they are still the best. They have the best D in the divsion and when their Offense is clicking, it is just as good as the Rams. I agree that the ***** are overrated. All they have is gore on offense and the defense is shaping up well, just not enough to get them more than 8 wins. I'm glad the cards are not the darlings this year, maybe they can pull a NO. AZ plays this divsion better than anyone but yet another rebuilding year. I dont see any team in this division getting more than 10 wins with 7 being the lowest.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Going to have to agree with Red on this one. Until someone else proves otherwise it's Seattle's division to lose. Each time has it's strengths and it's weaknesses.

Seattle- Hard to stop team when there clicking, but with all the injuries on offense last year can they recover? And if they can recover is age finally starting to catch up to them?

Rams- Ya our offense is good as usual, but is our defense going to be any better at stopping the run?

Whiners- Enough said. They over payed for sub par players and the two good guys they brought in (Willis and Clements) can't win the entire game by themselves.

Cardinals- This could be the surprise team. They have a solid young team with a good group of core players on offense. I also like the fact that they brought in Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt. This could be a deadly combination with the addition of Edgerrin James, since Ken comes from a team known for sticking to the run and making it successful.

My personal opinion is that the Rams take the division by a one of two game lead over Seattle with Arizona back 5 games and the whiners 7 games back.

g.o.a.t. rice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redheat View Post
    Until anyone takes over Seattle they are still the best. They have the best D in the divsion and when their Offense is clicking, it is just as good as the Rams. I agree that the ***** are overrated. All they have is gore on offense and the defense is shaping up well, just not enough to get them more than 8 wins. I'm glad the cards are not the darlings this year, maybe they can pull a NO. AZ plays this divsion better than anyone but yet another rebuilding year. I dont see any team in this division getting more than 10 wins with 7 being the lowest.
    Um,who won the last three of the four head to head matchups with the *****?I forget.hmmm?

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by g.o.a.t. rice View Post
    Um,who won the last three of the four head to head matchups with the *****?I forget.hmmm?
    the rams and whiners games have always been competitive regardless of their records....who has been smelling our behind in the division for several years straight now? hmmm........
    maybe u should use the 5 suprbowl argument...I love that one...its like an old man bragging about how many young women he used to get...lol

g.o.a.t. rice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRamsFan View Post
    the rams and whiners games have always been competitive regardless of their records....who has been smelling our behind in the division for several years straight now? hmmm........
    maybe u should use the 5 suprbowl argument...I love that one...its like an old man bragging about how many young women he used to get...lol
    I love the 49er bashing in here.u come to our site u don't see us bashing the rams.matter of fact for the most part we see the division as up and coming which is good for all of us. Now lets address the rams.the defense looks realsuspect.the receiver corp is aging.bulger needs to be re signed.a lot of problems huh?

WestSideRamsFan Guest

I love the 49er bashing in here.u come to our site u don't see us bashing the rams.matter of fact for the most part we see the division as up and coming which is good for all of us. Now lets address the rams.the defense looks realsuspect.the receiver corp is aging.bulger needs to be re signed.a lot of problems huh?
    who's bashing? just stating facts....why r u trolling around on our board anyway? maybe a little worried?

cfh128 is offline Registered User

If Bulger and our aging receivers are two of our biggest problems, then we should easily go 16 - 0 and win the Super Bowl 400 - 0.

I could have sworn they were the strengths of this team.... Maybe Steven Jackson is another of our problems?

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    If Bulger and our aging receivers are two of our biggest problems, then we should easily go 16 - 0 and win the Super Bowl 400 - 0.

I could have sworn they were the strengths of this team.... Maybe Steven Jackson is another of our problems?
    I personally think leonard little is the problem...if he wouldn't have so many sacks maybe other teams would make less run attempts.....damn that little...

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

looks like our offense picked up even more problems this offseason. Drew, McMicheal and Hall. We're doomed!!!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Now lets address the rams.the receiver corp is aging.bulger needs to be re signed.a lot of problems huh?
    So with "problems" like these, what's not to like?

WHAT SAY YE?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If the Rams were getting a lot of national coverage for their moves, I'm sure other teams would be talking about whether we were overhyped. He's just saying the ***** are overhyped this year. Last year we were saying the same thing about Arizona.

I think Seattle is the team to beat at the moment. I wouldn't go as far as to say that their offense is as good as ours even when it's running on all cylinders, but it's good enough--and their defense has certainly outperformed ours over the last several years. The Seahawks might not have the best defense, but all the other defenses in this division were terrible last year. SF, Arizona, St. Louis, and Seattle ranked 28th, 26th, 23rd, and 19th respectively in total yards allowed and 32nd, 29th, 28th, and 19th in scoring. At this point, both the Cardinals and the ***** are works in progress. Both teams are switching to a 3-4 but don't have all the personnel they need to do it. Both have young quarterbacks who haven't yet reached their prime. The Cardinals have an aging back and question marks across the offensive line, but they've got two of the best young receivers in the game. The ***** have a better line and one of the best young backs but question marks at receiver.

My prediction is that if any team in this division has a defense that finishes in the top half of the league, they'll win the division.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Now, guys, please keep this civil, this is not a smack forum.

To our visitor from SF - I have visited the SF forums, in fact I was just there during the past week. I did see a lot of Rams bashing, but I expected that with our rivalry. I noticed that a lot of the posts about the Rams mentioned our "only 3 good players", those being Holt, Jackson, and Bulger. Seems like those SF fans forgot about a few of the other names on the list, huih?

I'll admit I believe SF to be on the rise, but you must consider the fact that SF went from being a powerhouse to a team competing with 'Zona for last place over the past few years. You mentioned winning 3 of the past 4 games...but weren't your whiners smacked around by the lowly cardinals?

If you were to take time to study the offseason moves made by the four NFC West teams, you would see that the Rams may not have picked up a lot of big name players, but the ones we did get have stats as good as the rest of the division, if not better. We also stopped our decline before we hit rock bottom. Time will prove that the Rams have what it takes. Seattle is getting older, slower, and is no longer as scary as they were two years ago. 'Zona is, believe it or not, beginning to come together. They won't blow away the competition this year, but they won't be the bottom feeders anymore. SF has the hype....but the past few years I keep hearing how they are THE team, but for the life of me, I can't remember the last time they made a solid playoff run.

And you fellow Clan members...remember to play nice.

g.o.a.t. rice Guest

Golden fleece is the first guy with a good analysis in my opinion.everyone else comes in with worthless coments so far.bash if u want all I ask is for some common sense with your bashing

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Unhappy Re: We Are The Best Team In The Nfc West...

Golden fleece is the first guy with a good analysis in my opinion.everyone else comes in with worthless coments so far.bash if u want all I ask is for some common sense with your bashing
    **Violin playing in the background** whine...whine...whine:\...........sorry ramsfansam i just dont like trolls.....if i wanted to bash them, i would go to their board and do so.
    Last edited by WestSideRamsFan; -06-21-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast