Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rNemesis is offline Registered User

We better beat the raiders or else...

It will either be a 3-13, 2-14, or 1-15 season again. I mean come on now guys, Im not saying the Raiders are a pushover and will just lay down and die but they just got their arse handed to them from Tennessee. If we just make the plays when they are supposed to be made, like we didnt in Arizona, then we should clearly win this game. That was already a game that everyone felt we should win and we didnt, but all is not lost.

However, I like the fact that we are not playing someone like the Steelers, Colts, or Patriots but rather an average team that is on par with us. That gives us a chance to right the ship and still have a shot at a decent 6 or seven win season. But if we cant even beat these guys this Sunday, my friends you might as well write another one off this year too and look forward to the draft because we WILL NOT beat anyone else if we go 0-2.

Its amazing how we always feel so upbeat and cheery about what we think will happen versus what actually happens. It just shows you that it is just not that easy to win when you are in our state. Brian Baldinger even said we look like the "SAME OLD RAMS" I am so sick and tired of hearing that but when you give up a 5 play, 90 something yard rushing TD drive, then he is right.

Bottom line is this: We need to win next Sunday or else we probably wont beat anyone else. Tell me Im lying!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: We better beat the raiders or else...

I think this game is crucial, for sure. We need to have a winning mentality from now on and although the Cards game was a loss (and the players--I have a feeling, at least--feel they should've won that one) I think they'll be hungry for a win in this game. I have a good feeling about it. If we get this W, we'll have some momentum on our side going against Washington. On paper, we can do some really good things this year...

Will it translate onto the field? Only time will tell.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    Bottom line is this: We need to win next Sunday or else we probably wont beat anyone else. Tell me Im lying!
    You're lying ... A win would be nice though ..

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    You're lying ... A win would be nice though ..

Okay maybe, but I wouldnt be surprised in the very least if it happened.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

"Its amazing how we always feel so upbeat and cheery about what we think will happen versus what actually happens. It just shows you that it is just not that easy to win when you are in our state. Brian Baldinger even said we look like the "SAME OLD RAMS" I am so sick and tired of hearing that but when you give up a 5 play, 90 something yard rushing TD drive, then he is right."

Respect is earned. We will start hearing some positive comments about our team when and only when we start winning some football games.

While it is always dicey to call the 2nd game of the NFL season a "must win", I nonetheless agree with the OP. We have to beat some of these teams who are very beatable on paper. Oakland qualifies as one of those teams. The Arizona game is over. We have to get a win here. It isn't about being close anymore, it's about getting a win here and there towards our march to respectability. Once that happens, then we can talk about winning consistently and playoff football.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

As I've said before, this is the game I marked on my calender since the schedule came out. (see my name) With so many Raiders fans at my work (offset by the quantity of Rams fans) it will be HELL going into work on Monday if the Rams lose.

At work, we have mostly Rams and Raiders fans (obviously since both teams were LA teams until the mid-90's) but we have fans of many different NFL teams. To my knowledge, we have 4 Cowboys fans, 1 GB fan, a Vikings fan, a Pats fan, three 49er fans, a couple of Charger fans, 6 Rams fans and 6 Raiders fans at work. It's always good natured fun on Mondays after football Sundays. But none of them are as obnoxious as the Raiders fans. Even the sports bar I go to on Sundays is saturated with obnoxious Raiders fans. That is, until the season progresses and they realize it's another losing season. Then they crawl back into the woodwork until next year. Something about that silver and bleak, I mean...black, that I cannot stand.

To me, this game means more than any game against the niners, hawks or cards.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Brian "Bent"finger can say whatever he wants. However if he looks at the all of the tape of our 1st game of the season, he will change his mind. These are not the same old RAMS. I know it sounds like a cop out but we should have won that game, period. Our defense was stout and put tons of pressure on the opposing QB. Our offense was exciting and had opportunities to score alot more points than we did. The chemistry between Bradford and the receivers is only going to get better as the season rolls on.

Our upcoming game isn't going to be easy. The Raiders at home are going to be tough to beat. Nothing is impossible and this game is far from impossible.

GO RAMS!!!!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Jax will have a big game and our D will be foaming at the mouth. I think it'll take a few games before Sammy actually starts to develope a groove with these receivers but we'll come out with the win. We have to, otherwise I buy lunch for the three Raider idiots i work with.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    obnoxious Raiders fans.
    But you repeat yourself...

thickandthin Guest

It will either be a 3-13, 2-14, or 1-15 season again. I mean come on now guys, Im not saying the Raiders are a pushover and will just lay down and die but they just got their arse handed to them from Tennessee. If we just make the plays when they are supposed to be made, like we didnt in Arizona, then we should clearly win this game. That was already a game that everyone felt we should win and we didnt, but all is not lost.

However, I like the fact that we are not playing someone like the Steelers, Colts, or Patriots but rather an average team that is on par with us. That gives us a chance to right the ship and still have a shot at a decent 6 or seven win season. But if we cant even beat these guys this Sunday, my friends you might as well write another one off this year too and look forward to the draft because we WILL NOT beat anyone else if we go 0-2.

Its amazing how we always feel so upbeat and cheery about what we think will happen versus what actually happens. It just shows you that it is just not that easy to win when you are in our state. Brian Baldinger even said we look like the "SAME OLD RAMS" I am so sick and tired of hearing that but when you give up a 5 play, 90 something yard rushing TD drive, then he is right.

dude.... we got KILLED by the titans last year too..

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

First, you're lying ...

Second, Brian Baldinger is a huge CHOADSACK ....

You can say what you want about Ron Pitts and John Lynch, but they cover alot of Rams games the past few years, because they are a lower ranking crew and get the games with bad teams ...

Both were very complimentary of the Rams and many of their players against Cards. They both recognized the significant improvements they have made. Lynch even commented on the Dome crowd being like it was in the past ...

I trust the opinions of these two over the NFL Network and ESPN puppets anyday ...

macrammer is offline Registered User

I live in the SF Bay Area. The Raiders are not a push over and I was surprised by the titans score. This week, the news pundits out here have been licking their chops over a bounce back game for the Raiders give the "lowly" Rams coming to town. This will be a tough game. BUT.....

We need to win games like this one coming up. Simple. The expectation is we are a W for all teams that play us. Losing Sunday puts us 0-2 and hard to ferel any morale victories and perhaps just perhaps, a self fulfilling prophecy starts to take hold on the psyche of this young team. Time to win. NOW.

Dominating D Guest

2nd week of the season and it's already doom or gloom.

This team is young and will have to learn how to win. The good news is the Rams are now acquiring some young talent and that is the key is they finally have some talent. Let them develop and soon us Rams fan can have high expectations. As of right now I want to see how some of the young talent develop and hopefully towards mid season they will no longer be the red headed step child of the league.

Go Rams

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Raiders are going to come in this game hype and hungry ,they just got smoked by chris johnson so they're upset, its their home opener in the Black-hole !!! the fans are going to be going crazy !! BUT Honestly everyone here knows we are a better team than the Raiders, there is no reason we should lose this game . . . .we have been rebuilding for a long time its time to produce, no more moral victories lets get a Bonafide WIN!!
    Torry Holt Dont play that

ManofGod is offline Registered User

You are not lying....and for the record, we WILL loose on sunday and we should, the Raiders are the better team at this point in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast