Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

And we blamed this on Linehan ....

What a joke. Easily the worst Rams team of all-time, way worse than last year. Possibly one of the worst teams in NFL history ...

And, really, we blamed all this on Linehan. It's been worse the past two weeks than Linehan could ever imagine. I guess he is having the last laugh ...

As for Bulger, I am done. I don't know whats wrong with the guy, but he is just not servicable at this point. Go back and watch the games, this one included. The offensive line has been getting a little better and better each week. He has had plenty of time today, and he still cannot look off a receiver.

Bulger needs to sit the rest of the year. I just don't see the point in him playing anymore. Let Berlin or Green go, but somebody needs to send a message to this guy. I don't know if its the playcalling, his mind, or a combination of both. But we won't win another game this year with him throwing the ball. I just don't know if he'll ever be able to win again ...

And the defense, absolutely pathetic. Witherspoon sucks, I mean badly. I've never seen a supposed "pro bowl caliber" linebacker wiff so many easy stops. We can go ahead and cut Brown again, take Craft with him. Never seen a worse secondary. It really shows how important Bartell has become. This really could be the WORST defense in NFL history ...

I'd rather be 0-10 and competitive like Detroit, rather than fielding this CRAP. And that is what it is, CRAP. I cannot believe any professional sports team can be this bad ...

75-3!!!! Are you kidding me?

Please somebody rationalize how even in the slightest that this is ok. I don't want to watch anymore, but I HAVE to. I just cannot pull myself away, but this is hard. So hard. I never thought a sporting event could make me so sick ...

Apologies for the bad mood lately, but I can't help it having to stomach this garbage ...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: And we blamed this on Linehan ....

Line#%$ doesn't get off the hook merely because the team continues to play like a bunch of JV High Schoolers. He was the architect of this train wreck. Anyone who thought that anyone - particularly Jim Haslett - was going to truly turn this team around was kidding himself.

Haslett gave them a boost of energy and confidence, but as soon as things started going bad, the team threw in the towel.

Unfortunately, the Rams could be feeling the effects of Line#$%'s incompetance for a long time.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Seems many felt Linehan failed because he couldn't get this team motivated. Now we have the Fiery Haslett who many thought would motivate this team. After the Haslett's two games, it appeared that Linehan really was the problem. Now it is clear to me that it was the players and the players only. They have shown little heart, little pride, and little drive. Soon, hopefully, the roster and payroll will be much littler too. Yelling, rah-rah coaches work in Pop Warner and High School, but if you're a player in the NFL and can't get yourself up for the challenge, you don't belong there.

The effectiveness of fiery head coaches in the NFL is overrated and those coaches often go down in flames after a few years. I don't feel Linehan had as much to do with this team's miserable performance the last two years as the front office and particularly the gutlessness exhibited by the players.

If I'm Haslett, I don't even apply for the job at the end of the year.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Seems many felt Linehan failed because he couldn't get this team motivated. Now we have the Fiery Haslett who many thought would motivate this team. After the Haslett's two games, it appeared that Linehan really was the problem. Now it is clear to me that it was the players and the players only. They have shown little heart, little pride, and little drive. Soon, hopefully, the roster and payroll will be much littler too. Yelling, rah-rah coaches work in Pop Warner and High School, but if you're a player in the NFL and can't get yourself up for the challenge, you don't belong there.

The effectiveness of fiery head coaches in the NFL is overrated and those coaches often go down in flames after a few years. I don't feel Linehan had as much to do with this team's miserable performance the last two years as the front office and particularly the gutlessness exhibited by the players.

If I'm Haslett, I don't even apply for the job at the end of the year.
    Said oh so well, my friend ...

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    The effectiveness of fiery head coaches in the NFL is overrated and those coaches often go down in flames after a few years.
    It's not just the NFL, though....

TheRAMster is offline Registered User

well, this sure hurts being that i've been a fan since '75.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Blame

1. Front Office (pre-devaney takeover)
    2. Players- don't play hard
    3. Linny- not good enough

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Infiniti I love you man but stop torturing yourself, and let it go, I'm watching a GOOD game: Tennesse vs. Jacksonville. Turn and watch that, stop doing this to yourself.

i just dont know what to say

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Blame

1. Front Office
    That's what it all comes down to, ultimately.

we are looking awefull

3 fieldgoals + 3 turnovers = 6 long games till the end of our season!

God Please, just let it all end.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-16-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: This isn't the live game thread, we don't need four back to back posts

Varg6 is online now Registered User

All I have to say is Brian Leonard

...oh...yeah, Ryan Kalil was on the board when we decided to go with the awesome hybrid running back from Rutgers.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Linehan NEVER beat a team with a Winning record here - NEVER!

Within the first two weeks of his departure, the Rams had beat a Team with a winning record. Something they hadn't done in years.

Linehan is no NFL Head Coach - that much is obvious. The Front office is horrible - and Haslett isn't the answer.

Doesn't change the fact this team, steered by Linehan for some time, was one of the worst in the league, if not the worst.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

I think even Vince Lombardi himself could not motivate this team.

But Haslett isn't the answer either.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

You can't put this all on Linehan, if you do you're ignoring, perhaps coveniently,the evidence of the last six to seven years.

This team is the result of appalling front-office mismanagement whose hallmark is cap management over talent evaluation. If you're going to anoint an architect for this disaster you'll find one there.

Take your pick.

Blaming it all on the overmatched Linehan is all too easy. For the future of the franchise lets hope whoever is resposible for the turnaround doesn't take the same simplistic approach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast