Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rampingitup Guest

We can turn it around

Just to make a point to all of us about how much we have bashed our own team, and how things can be turned around. Anyone recall what our record was the year BEFORE we won the Superbowl?

Now granted we had the right Head Coach, though there were nay sayers then. We had the right talent, though there were those who didn't think so.

Currently I do not think we have the right personnel to take a trip to the Superbowl next year, even with a good draft and Free Agents that will be available. But stranger things have happened.

I do like what I am seeing and hearing so far about the way Haslet is trying to change the attitudes at Rams Park. Image and perception can make an impact. I have seen and felt it myself. At one of my previous jobs I noticed a stark difference in attitudes just through the implementation of a new dress code. Going from casual to business casual to professional attire really made a difference in how the office worked and acted.

So now let's hope that leads to a different attitude on the field.

BEER is offline Registered User

Re: We can turn it around

Very optimistic of you. Im done with that. 3 to 5 years we can be decant.

rams2061 Guest

With Haslett as the HC? I don't think so.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

of course anything can happen, but realistically 3-5 years sounds about right, but just to be competitive. If some "crazy thing" was to manifest itself, such as this team was not playing for Lenny, all the planets came into alignment, and I was to make a boat load of money, then I would be brave enough to say why not this season or next.

I wish this were the case, but my bank account suggest otherwise!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

The problem is that so many of our younger players are not progressing. It's not like we have this huge core of youngsters that we can build around - Tye Hill, Incognito, and Atogwe seem to have taken a step back; Barron still hasn't turned the corner; and in the next 2-3 years we're likely going to be losing Bulger, Pace, Little, and Holt. Bad drafting is going to have a lingering effect for years to come...

rNemesis is offline Registered User

[quote=Rampingitup;251006]Just to make a point to all of us about how much we have bashed our own team, and how things can be turned around. Anyone recall what our record was the year BEFORE we won the Superbowl?

It was 4-12

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    The problem is that so many of our younger players are not progressing. It's not like we have this huge core of youngsters that we can build around - Tye Hill, Incognito, and Atogwe seem to have taken a step back; Barron still hasn't turned the corner; and in the next 2-3 years we're likely going to be losing Bulger, Pace, Little, and Holt. Bad drafting is going to have a lingering effect for years to come...
    This is spot on. Not only do we have the lingering problem of one putrid draft after another, but we also have to face up to the fact that many of our younger players who actually made the team are simply not progressing as they should. Folks we either get this turned around ASAP or we'll be looking at another decade of losing or more.

Sigh... I would also add the names of Joe Klopfenstein, Brian Leonard and Jonathan Wade to The Weasel's list of infamy; probably some time this year.

WHAT SAY YE?

Ramer Guest

It really hurts hearing how bad this team is. Go Rams beat the Dead Skins! Lets start turning things around.

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    Just to make a point to all of us about how much we have bashed our own team, and how things can be turned around.

Currently I do not think we have the right personnel to take a trip to the Superbowl next year, even with a good draft and Free Agents that will be available. But stranger things have happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer
    It really hurts hearing how bad this team is. Go Rams beat the Dead Skins! Lets start turning things around.
    I got news for you two.......

general counsel is offline Registered User

Are we going to be able to trade a #2 and a #5 in the off season for the best offensive player in football this year? If so, i like our chances of being more competitive next year. The Faulk trade was the key to the title. Without it, we dont win.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini Guest

Atogwe is a bad thing? I believe Atogwe still is a good safety. He's someone I would build the team around. We need to put pressure on the QB anyways. We're getting there. As you saw, with pressure during the last game, Atogwe got an interception. Our pressure is getting better, so expect more out of our safeties...I mean Atogwe.

I say if we draft right next year, we should be good. After thinking about it, I am for drafting the top OT prospect. As much as I want Maualuga or Lauranitis, we could really use the OL help.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Atogwe is a bad thing? I believe Atogwe still is a good safety. He's someone I would build the team around. We need to put pressure on the QB anyways. We're getting there. As you saw, with pressure during the last game, Atogwe got an interception. Our pressure is getting better, so expect more out of our safeties...I mean Atogwe.

I say if we draft right next year, we should be good. After thinking about it, I am for drafting the top OT prospect. As much as I want Maualuga or Lauranitis, we could really use the OL help.
    Maualuga !! Maualuga !!! Maualuga !!!!

I want Maualuga !!!!!!!!!!

YodaRam Guest

[QUOTE=bigredman;251204]I got news for you two.......
    [/QUOTE

BRM. Tend to your business! Start it. Organize it. Make it viable.

YodaRam Guest

[QUOTE=YodaRam;251237]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I got news for you two.......
    [/QUOTE

BRM. Tend to your business! Start it. Organize it. Make it viable.
    Remember, with success comes much responsibility. BRING IT!!!

YodaRam Guest

[QUOTE=YodaRam;251241]
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    Remember, with success comes much responsibility. BRING IT!!!

Get over it! You started it! Don't go "baby" on me now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast