Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: We can win out the rest of the year..

RuffRams is offline Registered User

We can win out the rest of the year..

Minus the two niners game. I see us have no reason not to be able to beat all the teams left in our schedule. (Run-on sentence??). That would put us at 9-7, beat the niners once and at 10-6. And we will be getting saffold and amendola back.

However, objectively, i don't see why not that our worst possible outcome is 7-9 (which i predicted post pre-season).

All i am saying is:
    1) we are growing
    2) i love the way our roster is shaping up.
    3) don't worry about our last two ganes against two of the top 3 qbs in the league
    4) do realize we were 2-14 last year
    5) do realize the pats really are by far the best offense in the league..especially since they are syncing even bettee now
    6) get ready to enjoy a winning second half record
    7) I also see redskins going 7-9 at best (as in 7-9 or worse). So get ready to enjoy 3 picks in the top 45.

Please ignore all mistakes, on mobile
    Bar-bq, lostsoul and thermobee like this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

We can win out the rest of the year..

I love your optimism sir it is honestly a refreshing post to read on this board for the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately it would take a miracle for this to happen. The offense would have to take a great leap and I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: We can win out the rest of the year..

i think amendola coming back, also saffold and wells, will be bigger than we thought

but i can totally see a 9-7 or 10-6 record, even winning out

it's doable, it can happen, but 7-9 can also happen

but i am feeling that the rams can, in fact, go 6-0 in the division

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

as long as we beat the living excrement out of the whiners I will be completely satisfied
    clarasDK, gap and DE_Ramfan like this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

5 wins, 6 tops.

We're better, but 9-7? Really?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Other than the two niner games i don't see a team we cant...scratch that..shouldn't beat.

I'm saying realistically 7-9/8-8. But don't be surprised at a 9-7/10-6. Guess ill comeback to this end of the season

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Well its all going to come down to Bradford...all the critisism and blame fall directly on the shoulders of your starting QB

Yea the receivers are actually hold on more than years past and the blocking is better than years past so im just saying its Bradfords time to show us if he is the franchise QB...His season should be graded on our win total not any of this passer rating or QBR and I want to see bradford get it done in the clutch

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I love the optimism guys, I really do. I just don't see us going 10-6 or 9-7. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't. My preseason prediction was 7-9, and I believe we could still hit that, but it will be difficult just to win 4 more games.

5 of our last 8 games are road games which we have been terrible on the road. The two possible road games I could see us winning are at Arizona and Buffalo. But those wins are not gimmies either.

I know back to back we have played the two best offenses, but that was a test for our defense and they failed horribly.

The second half of the schedule is easier, but there are no easy wins. To win 5-6 of our next 8, I would love it.....but I doubt it. I hope I am proved wrong.

thoey is offline Registered User

Here is the rest of our schedule, our opponents record, and their current offensive and defensive rankings:

TEAM RECORD OFF DEF

@SF - 6-2 11 1
    NYJ - 3-5 27 16
    @AZ - 4-4 31 6
    SF - 6-2 11 1
    @BUF - 3-4 19 31
    MIN - 5-3 22 11
    @TB - 3-4 16 27
    @SEA - 4-4 30 5

I can see us losing both games to SF, but I hope we win at home. Gut feeling 0-2.

I can see us beating NYJ, AZ, BUF, and TB, but this is football and the ball bounces funny ways, so 2 - 2 or 3 - 1 if we are lucky.

I think we can take MIN at home. 1-0

Playing at SEA is tough, but I can this game going either way. Gut feeling says we lose in their house.

So, I see some where between 3-5 to 5-3 in the second half of the season. That puts us some where between 6-10 to 8-8.
    This space for rent...

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Three more wins, imo. 6-10 wouldn't be a bad start to the rebuild job, considering the tools Fisher and co started with.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post

However, objectively, i don't see why not that our worst possible outcome is 7-9 (which i predicted post pre-season).

I see 7-9 as the Rams best possible outcome based on 5 of the 8 remaining games are on the road. Yes we have some weak teams coming up but the Rams are horrible on the road. Some of those "easy" games could become blow out losses much like the Patriots game.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Minus the two niners game. I see us have no reason not to be able to beat all the teams left in our schedule. (Run-on sentence??). That would put us at 9-7, beat the niners once and at 10-6. And we will be getting saffold and amendola back.

All i am saying is:
    1) we are growing
    2) i love the way our roster is shaping up.
    3) don't worry about our last two ganes against two of the top 3 qbs in the league
    4) do realize we were 2-14 last year
    5) do realize the pats really are by far the best offense in the league..especially since they are syncing even bettee now
    6) get ready to enjoy a winning second half record
    7) I also see redskins going 7-9 at best (as in 7-9 or worse). So get ready to enjoy 3 picks in the top 45.

Please ignore all mistakes, on mobile
    Someone get this man a drug test!
    sosa39rams and RuffRams like this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Here is the rest of our schedule, our opponents record, and their current offensive and defensive rankings:

TEAM RECORD OFF DEF

@SF - 6-2 11 1
    NYJ - 3-5 27 16
    @AZ - 4-4 31 6
    SF - 6-2 11 1
    @BUF - 3-4 19 31
    MIN - 5-3 22 11
    @TB - 3-4 16 27
    @SEA - 4-4 30 5

I can see us losing both games to SF, but I hope we win at home. Gut feeling 0-2.

I can see us beating NYJ, AZ, BUF, and TB, but this is football and the ball bounces funny ways, so 2 - 2 or 3 - 1 if we are lucky.

I think we can take MIN at home. 1-0

Playing at SEA is tough, but I can this game going either way. Gut feeling says we lose in their house.

So, I see some where between 3-5 to 5-3 in the second half of the season. That puts us some where between 6-10 to 8-8.
    Realistically, I don't see us beating SF either away or at home. I don't see us beating AZ, BUF or SEA away. AZ is pretty good. BUF is in the dead of their winter (Ice Bowl II) and SEA away might be the most difficult place to play (12th Man) in the NFL.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Realistically, I don't see us beating SF either away or at home. I don't see us beating AZ, BUF or SEA away. AZ is pretty good. BUF is in the dead of their winter (Ice Bowl II) and SEA away might be the most difficult place to play (12th Man) in the NFL.
    So, we agree except for AZ and BUF.

I agree, the weather in BUF might have a factor on that game, I could see that giving them the win. But weather effects both teams.

As for AZ, they are a pretty good defensive team. Offensively? Well, they are offensive...
    This space for rent...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Optimism is wonderful; REALISM is a different story entirely. On its face, yes, it looks like these are all winnable games. But let's take a closer look.

Seattle- probably a loss on the road, our earlier victory over them notwithstanding. We'll be underdogs.

Minnesota- what looked like a probable win now a question mark, as the Vikings are much better than anticipated.

Buffalo- Not a good football team , but tell me- how many road wins on the east coast have we had in the past 8 years? How many road wins have we had PERIOD??

Tampa- We played Tampa 2 years ago on the road, had a big lead and lost. Tampa is a better football team this season and this will not be a gimme by any stretch of the imagination.

Arizona is reeling, but again, we play them on the road- and any divisional game on the road is difficult when you're GOOD; when you're mediocre it's even tougher.

And it goes without saying both games vs. SF we'll be prohibitive underdogs and for good reason.

Bottom line: we'll steal a couple along the way, but donkeys will fly before we come close to winning out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast