Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

We didn't trade for VJ, nor did any other team. What does that tell you?

"I can't believe the %#$& Front Office didn't get V-Jax!!!! They should be fired!!!! They don't know what they're doing and don't care about winning!!!!! Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah same old Rams!!!!!"

Wouldn't you know it. The 4:00 deadline to acquire VJ's services before an extended suspension sets in has past, and the Rams didn't make a trade. One little detail that should be noted...

NEITHER DID ANY OTHER TEAM!!!!

Now what does that tell us, boys and girls?

Maybe, just maybe, the Chargers WERE asking for too much in return.
    Maybe, just maybe, V-Jax wants more money than he's actually worth.
    Maybe, just maybe, V-Jax's off the field issues ARE a big deal.

And its not just the maligned Rams' Front Office who apparently thinks this. So do the Vikings, Redskins, Seahawks, and every other team who could use a 6'5, 230 lb. WR who has posted 1,000 yard seasons.

Maybe, just maybe, the Rams' Front Office - even when they are disappointing the impatient, fantasy football, Madden NFL 2010-loving, fans who wanted the Rams to "just go get him!" - actually knows the difference between a good deal and a ripoff.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: We didn't trade for VJ, nor did any other team. What does that tell you?

According to V-Jax's agent, a couple of teams had deals in place with Jackson, but no compensation could be worked out with San Diego

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Exactly. Good post. The fact he wasn't dealt speaks volumes about his demands and/or his past track record and current suspension. It is wrong to assume the Rams' Front Office execs don't want to win and are morons because they didn't go out and offer a king's ransom for a guy who'd play half the season for them.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

"...impatient, fantasy football, Madden NFL 2010-loving fans..
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Exactly. Good post. The fact he wasn't dealt speaks volumes about his demands and/or his past track record and current suspension. It is wrong to assume the Rams' Front Office execs don't want to win and are morons because they didn't go out and offer a king's ransom for a guy who'd play half the season for them.
    He would be signed to more than a half of a season.? The reason no one signed him is because he will be a free agent next year. That meaning, no one will have to give future pics and a contract. Just a contract.
    Last edited by BEER; -09-22-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Comrade Ram is offline Registered User

I don't know what they wanted for compensation, but i do know that if v-jax started the season as a ram and played in our first two games the rams are 2-0 and number 1 in the NFC west

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Madden NFL 2010-loving, fans who wanted the Rams to "just go get him!"
    Hey I take exception to that!

I play Madden 2011 now!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It tells me that the Chargers were likely asking too much in compensation, and no one was willing to give it up for a guy who is one off the field issue away from a year-long suspension. I'd rather the Rams pass than give up way too much in picks and money combined.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Now what does that tell us, boys and girls?
    Um, that people will realize the Vincent Jackson ship has sailed and we will no longer be subjected to the endless parade of V-Jax related posts and threads?? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It tells me that the Chargers were likely asking too much in compensation, and no one was willing to give it up for a guy who is one off the field issue away from a year-long suspension. I'd rather the Rams pass than give up way too much in picks and money combined.
    AJ Smith is a great draft guru but has a God complex. Hes spite not only screws the Chargers, but those that want to do professional buisness as well.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Um, that people will realize the Vincent Jackson ship has sailed and we will no longer be subjected to the endless parade of V-Jax related posts and threads?? Please.
    You would hope that, but I see a lot of "If the FO made the VJ move we would have won X game." posts in the future.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Ram View Post
    I don't know what they wanted for compensation, but i do know that if v-jax started the season as a ram and played in our first two games the rams are 2-0 and number 1 in the NFC west
    You can get access to alcohol just as easily in St. Louis as you can in San Diego. Just sayin'

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    AJ Smith is a great draft guru but has a God complex. Hes spite not only screws the Chargers, but those that want to do professional buisness as well.
    Or maybe he knew that Naanee and Floyd could slide right into VJ's spot in the scheme and do well. And they have; both putting up big numbers & scores in SD's first two games.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Ram View Post
    Minus the fact that this was literally impossible with him serving a 3 game suspension for getting another DUI. He could not have played no matter what team he was on.

I really hope this is the end of Vjax threads, but I have a feeling it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Or maybe he knew that Naanee and Floyd could slide right into VJ's spot in the scheme and do well. And they have; both putting up big numbers & scores in SD's first two games.
    If you followed the Chargers for sometime youd know what im talking about. If he sits out all year the Fans and the Chargers get a Big ZERO in comp. Now thats out of spite. We will be in the mix, or should anyways next year for V Js services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast