Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: We are getting closer, here’s my starting defense 06

We came in at 30th in the league in DEFENSE and the year before Atlanta ran all over us and that's when we heard we had to get bigger. We heard Pisa, Robert Thomas , Duncan, could NOT take on the run head on and were getting blown out of there.

Okay, so we lose our Best Performing DL from last year and our best run stuffer. Glover is playing a different position - he replaces Lewis and that Spot is different, it requires a quicker, faster player that rushs. Glover fits in there perfectly. He DOES NOT fit in Pickettt's spot. In fact , he was benched for a nobody (Jason Ferguson) last year when they tried to play in in that Run-stuffing, Nose tackle type postion.

So couple the fact that we have lost our best Run Defender and the fact that our LB corps is under-sized and designed to play behind two LARGE TACKLES occupying mutliple Lineman. (Think Ray Lewis in Baltimore, he's a different player totally when those two big tackles are up there and runs free to the ball - and he's bigger than our LBs anyway).

After much thought, I think we need to do one of two things to be a contender this year. I think we should move up (give up something) and get the LB HAWK from Ohio State (he's outstanding) or try to draft Ngata (BIG Stuffer from Oregon).

Coakley is old and coming off an injury and he's smallish. Hawk or Ngata fills a big need on our team. You can't have enough impact players on DEF, you just can't.

I've been reading draft stuff and CB Jimmy Williams is thought to be a better safety than Corner. I think that first pick is the key to our DEF,, A.J. Hawk will change our Defense. Ngata will change our Defense. Jimmy Williams won't change our DEF this year. I'm sure he'll be a good safety. Historically Safeties are not valued real high.. not that many are first round picks compared to other positions.
    Most think Jimmy Williams will be a better safety and we did just sign Chavous.

Further, our needs on DEF (30th), dictate our going D in the first round. In fact, I'm confident Haslett was given assurances we would focus on the DEF in the draft.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -03-19-2006 at 12:22 AM.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

LE-Little
    DT-Glover
    DT-Kennedy
    RE-Hargrove

WLB-Tinoisamoa
    MLB-Witherspoon
    SLB-DeMeco Ryans :-)

CB-Butler
    CB-Bartell
    NCB-Fisher/Brown
    DCB-Brown/Fisher

FS-Chavous/Atogwe
    SS-Carter/Chavous
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hey there- Long time reader, not much of a poster.
    Her'es what I consider to be our starting 06 D. We move up to pick seven by dangling next year's second, and select Mario Williams.

DE- Leonard Little
    DT-Jimmy Kenedy
    DT-La'roi Glover
    DE- Mario Williams

OLB- Pisa Tinoisamoa
    MLB- Will Witherspoon
    OLB-Bobby Carpenteer/Manny Lawson (Wishful thinking for them to be there in rd.2)

SS- Corey Chavous
    FS-OJ Atogwe
    CB-Ron Bartell
    CB Fakhir Brown

Varg6 is online now Registered User

I think the people we'll have right now (including players from last year) will all be better next year. Why? Well I really think that with the right guidance, they'll be changed into better players and performers on the field. Because face it, we got potential, they all got talent, they just need the right push. And that my friends is Haslett. Haslett will redefine the defense, I believe our Defense will be up there with the best this year. I have high expectations this year for our defense.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12