Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: We Gotta Be Careful

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

We Gotta Be Careful

First off, let me preface my comments by saying I LOVE the attitude of the current Rams squad. it comes as no surprise that a Jeff Fisher coached team is going to bring the attitude to the table and make the statement that we aren't gonna' be bullied anymore, especially in our own house. It's a refreshing change- one that's necessary to become consistently successful, in my opinion. But we have got to tone it down a bit or we will be hurt by some of our actions. To wit:

1. The personal foul penalty for hitting RGIII out of bounds. Here I actually thought it was a bad call- but on 3rd and 17 with a punt upcoming, you can't even make it close.

2. The late hit Ojinnaka put on London Fletcher late in the game. Could have cost us big time. Uncalled for and inexplicably missed by the officials.

3. The constant woofing in the face of the guy with the football. I'm telling ya- these refs are gonna' get us at some point for taunting if we don't tone it down a bit.

4. Finnegan got the Washington receiver to lose his poise which sealed the win for us, but it could have easily been off-setting penalties, as Finnegan instigated it with contact.

5. The leading-with-the-shoulder hit by Jenkins on a receiver in the 2nd half. Wasn't called. You can be sure a fine will be forthcoming.

6. The uncharacteristic stupid decision by SJ to spike the ball in frustration after a TD wasn't awarded to him. Bad call, no doubt, but you have to show poise.

I'm a big fan of hard-nosed, physical football and want to see the Rams play that style of ball. I DO NOT want cheap shots, getting in opponents' faces and nonsense which will cost us at some point. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH yet to overcome stupid penalties which cost us field position and points.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: We Gotta Be Careful

I think the refs lost control I really do. I think this game is talked in the national media because of the replacement refs losing control of the game early.

Fisher sat SJ trying to get control, we can't have our leaders out of control IMHO. I never thought of Fishers teams as dirty, tough yes dirty no.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-16-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Curly Horns likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

As worrisome as it is, I LOVE it. Our entire team is playing mean, nasty, and hard-nosed football. We are going to straight up over-power you. Nothing else too it. We have to keep it clean, (Ojinnaka's late hit) and were set. Can't be too mad though. I was SICK of being a bunch of wussies on the field, its time we look like a team that you dont want to mess with.

THE DREAM TEAM

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    As worrisome as it is, I LOVE it. Our entire team is playing mean, nasty, and hard-nosed football. We are going to straight up over-power you. Nothing else too it. We have to keep it clean, (Ojinnaka's late hit) and were set. Can't be too mad though. I was SICK of being a bunch of wussies on the field, its time we look like a team that you dont want to mess with.
    This is the way I see it. We don't need any Richie Incognito moments, but I like the edgy play.
    RealRam, Curly Horns, Nick and 2 others like this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I totally agree. But you made the most important point that this team needs to learn, and that is, we are not talented enough to overcome silly, unnecessary penalties that turns opponents failures to move the chains into free, easy 1st downs and/or yardage.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I love hard tough nosed football and a team with an edge. We have not had that for soooo long. I do not support smack talking and dirty hits. Not with any of my teams. I think the refs did let this game get out of control.........Te Rams took what was given to them

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This is the way I see it. We don't need any Richie Incognito moments, but I like the edgy play.
    My sentiments exactly- was thinking of the Richie Incognito personal foul which pushed our kicker back for a 53 yarder a couple of years back- as i was making these observations. I trust Fisher will tell these guys "Don't let up for a second, but don't do something stupid, either.

How big is the transformation in this team's attitude from a year ago??

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

In football someone has to be the bully and someone has to get bullied, that being said its feels good to finally bully someone else. . . redskin players were complaining all day about the aggressive chippy style of our defense RG3 WHOOO ?????? on to Chicago we go
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think the refs lost control I really do. I think this game is talked in the national media because of the replacement refs losing control of the game early.
    This is what I witnessed as well. And an absolute pathetic job of calls and non calls. Nice to finally read from another member that also sees the crap that is going on. These officials can't be replaced soon enough.

An officials job should be to establish control from the outset and remain mostly transparent in officiating throughout the game.

When the officiating becomes as much of a topic and highlight as the play on the field then the league has a big problem.

Until the problem is fixed the credibility of the game and the outcome remain in question!

Fix it now, commissioner!!

Nick and lostsoul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    How big is the transformation in this team's attitude from a year ago??
    Like night and day.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Like night and day.
    This team is no longer the NFL doormat!!!!
    swatter555 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    This team is no longer the NFL doormat!!!!
    It's only two games into the season, but I agree mac, this team took a huge leap forward today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    This is what I witnessed as well. And an absolute pathetic job of calls and non calls. Nice to finally read from another member that also sees the crap that is going on. These officials can't be replaced soon enough.

An officials job should be to establish control from the outset and remain mostly transparent in officiating throughout the game.

When the officiating becomes as much of a topic and highlight as the play on the field then the league has a big problem.

Until the problem is fixed the credibility of the game and the outcome remain in question!

Fix it now, commissioner!!

No question about it, Ferter, you're 100% right. I'm just waiting for a REALLY horrendous call to cost one of these teams badly. It's only a matter of time.

We'd be having a much different conversation had the Rams lost this game because I thought the refs were awful today. Jackson had a TD not awarded to him (still don't understand why this wasn't called properly or reviewed by Fisher- I was in a crowded bar and couldn't hear the reasoning), and they missed a number of obvious calls for both teams.
    Curly Horns likes this.

lovetheramsnomatterw is offline Registered User

The Rams are playing with Fire and emotion. I love it! It pumps them up and it pumps me up. I also loved the fact that Jackson showed his frustration after that call because the refs had been screwing us over all game. Good Job team!!

Truck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

5. The leading-with-the-shoulder hit by Jenkins on a receiver in the 2nd half. Wasn't called. You can be sure a fine will be forthcoming.

I don't think that hit was far from illegal, he barely caught his head, he just ****ing destroyed the guy on the hit. He didn't launch himself, and I thought the hit was into the guys shoulder a lot more than his head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast