Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: We just TIED one of the best teams in the NFL at home.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: We just TIED one of the best teams in the NFL at home.

We had two weeks to prepare for this game. Possibly more judging from the defensive effort in London. Not getting a win because of incredibly stupid penalties and plays is upsetting.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

no moral victories in Pro Football. but there are moral loses and this is one for the ages
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

im completely torn between being pissed off we let that one slip away and being happy that we gave it to one of the best teams in the league..

thoey is offline Registered User

Going into this game, I counted it as a loss for our Rams. Yes, it was an emotional see-saw and we could have, should have won. But, we are young and undisciplined. The best thing we can take of this game is that we probably just ****ed the whiners record...

Yeah, I know that F word will be edited out, but since it is how I truly feel, I typed it any ways...
    RamDez likes this.
    This space for rent...

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SportsDude View Post
    But do you take solace in knowing that we are good enough to hang with the ***** in San Fran? I dont care what our W/L record is this season.. we have a bright future and can load up on talent the next 2 drafts
    We tied a team who lost their starting QB early in the game; who put in a back-up QB who couldn't throw but only run, and gave the Rams fits when he did; and had the game won before poor clock management and dumb penalties cost us the game. I agree that the Rams future is looking better (we're competitive) but yesterday's game is not, IMHO, an indicator of that.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Today I am still utterly appalled at the two plays that won the game for us in the parallel universes. (Seriously Clan Ram is is jumping for joy this Monday over there at this fine victory)

1. Amendola's 80yd reception to the 2yd line first play of overtime called back because of a kindergarten error by the WR not covering the left tackle. (illegal formation for the love of god!)

2. Hekker not calling time out prior to Legatron slotting the winning FG in OT. Did anyone on the Rams this game bother to look at the game clock at any stage during the match or just get a feel for it and take a guess?

3. The immediate period before and after Peads fumble. You could not write that script for a made for TV movie.

4. Momentum. I believe this is a red herring. There is no such thing as momentum. As a D# you step up twice as hard if you get beat once. Momentum is just a mindset for the weak.

A tied game is like a broken pencil . . . . . Pointless.
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -11-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

For sure everyones gotta be as disappointed as i but if you look at the big picture that ***** depth chart vs ours is beast and you gotta be excited at what this team is building. We took out the best TE in the business and hung with the big dogs in their house. Oh and what did they say about running against that defense? We did it, and did it well.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I was heated yesterday with the simple fact we had so many times to put the game away as stated above. The penalties killed us as well. And everyone on offense should get a watch before we play the Jets because the delay of game calls were ridiculous. On the positive note, I had us losing this game but it ended in a tie. Its not a win, but technically its not really a loss. It was also against a top team in the league in THEIR house. We will see them again in OUR dome and hopefully we can pull out a clear win.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Give me a couple of days, and I think I'll find a substantial bright side to today.

Right now, though... I'm wondering how we missed the "W."
    This sums it up very well. In a few days, some of us may be able to find the bright side of this one. But right now, the sting from allowing a win to slip through our fingers is too much to focus on whatever moral victories may have occurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12