Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: We Licked Our Wounds- Now Back To Work

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

We Licked Our Wounds- Now Back To Work

A football team uses a Monday to assess the damage after a loss. We fans use the day to complain and vent. But by Tuesday, it's time to get down to business.

Nobody is going to cry for the St. Louis Rams. The schedule is what it is. The injuries are what they are. Our performance yesterday speaks for itself. Improvement is needed in multiple areas, or the season will get ugly in a hurry.

No one plays flawless football. But it doesn't require talent to catch routine passes. It doesn't require talent to avoid silly errors in judgment. These are things we can control. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH to do these things and win.

Wide Receivers coach Nolan Cromwell (My childhood idol, I might add) needs to stress a sense of urgency with these receivers, who are a weekly disappointment going back more than two seasons. ENOUGH! Somebody step up and get the job done on a consistent basis. And stay healthy, for God's sake.

Williams and Norwood did a good job in Jackson's absence. We ran the football well. And while you don't just replace a Steven Jackson, any belief that we lost yesterday's game because Jackson wasn't in there is complete nonsense.

While he can't do it alone, Bradford has to start showing he's the guy to carry this team. Twice on a national stage he's come up small. Make something happen. Make better reads. Make guys around you better. Surpass last year's success.

Justin King needs to take the diapers off in Bartell's absence. Show that you're worthy of being on the ball club. One man's loss is another man's opportunity.

Injuries can bring teams closer together or destroy the season. Spags must fill the gaps and get guys ready. All is not lost. Jackson could be back very soon. Bradford will play. Smith's sprain isn't a high sprain. Even the early returns on Amendola, while not great, are better than first thought. Rehab your tails off and be ready to go.

We need this win next Monday. The Giants are a formidable opponent, but they have injury issues of their own. You know the game will mean a lot to Spags. Devaney has family in the area. I will be there, as I'm sure a couple other members of the Clan. Monday Night Football- there is no better venue for which to showcase yourself individually and as a team.

Let's get back to good football.
    RealRam, thoey, Nick and 4 others like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: We Licked Our Wounds- Now Back To Work

NJ Fan,

nice post. I agree, although I am still licking my wounds

I believe our overall talent is of the average to above average category. This should be enough to win the division but I truly expected fundamental sound"ness" yesterday whereby we (Rams) do not make silly error prone mistakes to allow a team with more talent walk all over us. False starts, missed passes, huge turnover for TD....correct these type of mistakes and we should be challenging in each game and able to win outright against teams with less/same and better talent. With all of its complexities, football is marvelous in its simplicity. Do not turn ball over, keep penalties to a minimum, capitalize on opponents mistakes and you should have success much more then failure. Yesterday was a failure. But, it is like reading a good novel. Let's turn the page (as you eloquently suggest) and see where the story takes us next.

We are on MNF next week. Awesome, I can't wait. Go Rams.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Great post NJ RansFan1!!!! I couldn't agree more.

We will be playing on Monday Night Football for the first time since I can't remember when.

Eli " The Interception King" Manning will be there to help us.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'm over that game, I just hope losing Amendola means Bradford will look around for open receivers more often because he needs to take that leap of faith and throw to open receivers and not checkdowns to Amendola and Caddy. Losing Bartell was a huge hit on us, especially since we're known to get burned if one of our bookend corners are down. I just hope King is willing to take the reps and not allow completions on every ball thrown his way.

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Seriously, we need to just keep positive! Complaining about our poor luck wont help. Hopefully we get some guys back soon and keep at it. Its only game one!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Excellent post. I don't expect miracles; just the smart, scrappy,and disciplined football of their best games last year for this next game. The injuries are tough but there are still a lot of guys who had sub-par days & those who will now get a chance to contribute who WILL be on the field & could help The Rams get that consistency and even spark a real challenge to The Giants.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-13-2011 at 03:40 AM.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Lord I hope and PRAY that our team does not embarass the RAM NATION on MNF!!! Please for God sake bring your A GAME!!!!

JPPDPurQB is offline Registered User

Ram fans don't live in NJ. Are you going to the game?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JPPDPurQB View Post
    Ram fans don't live in NJ. Are you going to the game?
    This Rams fan lives by the Jersey Shore, and I WILL be in attendance!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    This Rams fan lives by the Jersey Shore, and I WILL be in attendance!
    If tix weren't so expensive, I, too, would be attending.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams