general counsel is offline Registered User

we lost to a better team-bring on the chiefs

We lost to a better team today guys, no shame in that. We werent terrible and in fact did better defensively than i thought we would In order to win this game, we were going to have to play near perfectly and win the turnover battle and we did neither.

All you can ask for against a superior opponent on the road is to be in the game in the second half with a shot. We were more than in it, we were down one td and driving and the fumble killed us. Actually, the combination of the fumble and the failure to stop the guy from running 80 yards with it. Klop was standing right next to the guy and failed to touch him to down him which was a terrible bonehead play.

We played pretty much penalty free but gave up too many big plays to LT and just couldnt get close to rivers to see if he would make a mistake or two. He is a very impressive looking young qb. Too many third down conversions on their part and an inability on our part to establish a consistent running game.

I thought linehan got away from the running game in the second half. I appreciate that we had shots down the field, but part of the game plan should have been to do a better job keeping our defense off the field and i think we could have been more effective wearing them down if we stayed with it longer. I also dont understand why we still arent going to klop more often to take some of the pressure off on the pass rush.

Two of steriod boys sacks were coverage sacks. I thought the o line did a pretty good job in protection today. Not fantastic, but not bad against a quality defense.

Kevin Curtis HAS to make that catch. I appreciate the game was basically over anyway, but that is the kind of play he has to make if he has aspirations of being a #2 receiver. I thought we used curtis well today.

If i hear one person complain about marc bulger from this point forward i am coming after them guns blazing. Anyone can have any opinion they want, but anyone that thinks bulger is anything other than a superelite qb really knows very little about football. Hes not perfect of course, but he is phenomenal and his accuracy is hard to believe. He did miss ike for a long gain in the first half from our own 8 yard line, but he really is an assasin when he has any kind of time to throw. God help the league as we firm up our interior o line and really turn steven jackson loose in an established consistent running game.

That LT sure is something isnt he?

Next week our season is on the line in my view. Given that we have seattle and carolina on the road coming up, we have to find a way to beat a tough chiefs team at home. Its a game we can and should win. We are probably going to have to outscore them, larry johnson is a load and a half.

Does anyone else think that haslett should have put more guys in the box more often and forced rivers to beat us? Same thing with next week. We can get pounded on the ground because ultimately, we will give up the big running plays and they are killers.

The bottom line on our defense is that our pass rush stinks. We get no pressure with the front four alone and against the quality o lines, we arent getting there by blitzing with any kind of consistency. Pass rush is the #1 thing this team needs to address (with upgrade at guard #2) if we are going to step up to the elite level in the nfl rather than being a touch and go playoff team which we are now. We are much improved, but without a pass rush, we are not and will not be an elite team.

I think we have a good chance to be a playoff team and a reasonble shot to win the division if we win the next two. But the season could still go either way. We are going to need to beat quality teams to get where we want to go and time will tell if we are capable of doing that.

Great game for Ike and i thought steven jackson played pretty well.. Can someone please explain to shaun mcdonald that he shouldnt fair catch the ball inside the ten yard line.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: we lost to a better team-bring on the chiefs

nice post your right on all accounts. On that curtis botch, why would linehan challenge the play??? if that play was ruled a catch then the chargers would have had possession of the ball or since curtis was down and the ground caused the fumble it would of been a catch at the 5?? could someone clarify that play if it was indeed ruled a catch.

Bulger by far is in the top 5 quarterbacks in all the NFL. I think he is an outstanding QB but my only bag on him is that he does take a tad too long on some throws. He made many nice passes to a spot today in which i havent seen that since warner.

MadMadigan is offline Registered User

Go smack those Chiefs around and make a statement to the Hawks!!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    If i hear one person complain about marc bulger from this point forward i am coming after them guns blazing. Anyone can have any opinion they want, but anyone that thinks bulger is anything other than a superelite qb really knows very little about football. Hes not perfect of course, but he is phenomenal and his accuracy is hard to believe. He did miss ike for a long gain in the first half from our own 8 yard line, but he really is an assasin when he has any kind of time to throw.
    Thanks for saying this, man.

Seeing the way he sent those passes to Bruce and Holt was sweet.

I've often told Mom, amd some stealer and whiner fans, as well as Denver fans, that the most dangerous QB in the NFL is Bulger. Especially when the game is close, in the last 2 minutes, no one else can turn a 6 point deficit into a win better than Marc.

Don't bore me with stats. I beieve in Marc.

Last year, I had the chance to meet him. Marshall was supposed to appear at a MOSHOF luncheon, but Marc showed up instead, expecting no more than 50 people. Over 400 showed.

I did have a few minutes to talk to Bulger, Hanifan, and Faulk (later that evening, he did come).

Faulk impressed me with his attitude.

Hanifan impressed me with his knowledge.

Bulger imressed me with his never-say-die attitude.

He's proven more than once that he's dangerous (Pro Bowl, Seattle, etc.).

I say let him start calling more plays.

Oh, yeah, I wear a Bulger jersey every Sunday...of course, the autographed Warner jersey from '01 is in the Shrine....

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Thanks for saying this, man.

Seeing the way he sent those passes to Bruce and Holt was sweet.

I've often told Mom, amd some stealer and whiner fans, as well as Denver fans, that the most dangerous QB in the NFL is Bulger. Especially when the game is close, in the last 2 minutes, no one else can turn a 6 point deficit into a win better than Marc.

Don't bore me with stats. I beieve in Marc.

Last year, I had the chance to meet him. Marshall was supposed to appear at a MOSHOF luncheon, but Marc showed up instead, expecting no more than 50 people. Over 400 showed.

I did have a few minutes to talk to Bulger, Hanifan, and Faulk (later that evening, he did come).

Faulk impressed me with his attitude.

Hanifan impressed me with his knowledge.

Bulger imressed me with his never-say-die attitude.

He's proven more than once that he's dangerous (Pro Bowl, Seattle, etc.).

I say let him start calling more plays.

Oh, yeah, I wear a Bulger jersey every Sunday...of course, the autographed Warner jersey from '01 is in the Shrine....

Then I ask you this: Who is better in your opinion bulger or warner??? ( of course warner from 99-01)

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

great post and thoughts on the game GC, i dont think either Curtis or McDonald are ready to step up and be #2 receivers.as for the game,i thought the offense played pretty well, bulger was great, jackson ran hard and ike was ike,the defense had it's moments but when LT is on his game does anyone really stop him.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -10-29-2006 at 10:39 PM.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

The Chargers were we looking at a possible superbowl contender? I think so. They remind me of what we used to have when Faulk was in the line up. Man the Rams management screwed up a good thing. The Pats prove that.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Then I ask you this: Who is better in your opinion bulger or warner??? ( of course warner from 99-01)
    Ah, now I know who owns the can opener for those proverbial cans.

B4L, how can anyone seriously compare the two? Warner benifited from a very unoque offensive scheme, never before seen on such a scale in the NFL. Bulger, OTOH, has seen the downside to using said scheme, and has adjusted.

Dez, Mods: Please understand I am honoring your wishes when it comes to this subject, yet I am compelled to comment...

B4L, let me ask you this:

Warner in the '99-01 scheme, or Warner in the '02-06 scheme?

Bulger in the '99-01 scheme, or Bulger in the '02-06 scheme?

Both are great QB's. Warner gathered more attention due to the way the Rams were prior to his arrival. Yet, I wonder, if Marc had been the guy who backed up trent Green, would it have made a difference? What if Vick was Green's backup?

Honestly, I think Warner was great with the GSOT. Bulger would have done good, but not to KW's level, due to the difference in style. This is why Bulger can succeed in the current offense, where Warner would have problems.

In other words....both QB's are afforded a chance to succeed. Both have succeeded. Switch places, things might have been different, but we shall never know.

All we can do is admire the way both play the game, and hope for another Lombardi. I hope to see both of them at the HOF someday.