Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: We need another wr to be competitive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    As much as I'd love to have Vincent Jackson on our roster, we'd have to pay a king's ransom in order to let this guy play for us.
    And with his that 7 game suspension, and Spags' four pillars approach, you can kiss that idea goodbye. We'll take a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Lets just wait until the preseason cuts occur. Maybe we can get someone good..
    YES, WE INDEED CAN DO THAT. ISnt that what most teams do anyway around this time? Thats what its for.

[QUOTE=I actually have high hopes for Danny Amendola to come in and play Avery's roll really well. But yes, one, maybe two receivers are needed[/QUOTE]

I dont think he can fill Avery's role. He is a bit short, though really fast. Avery is a little bigger and taller than him. He is much better in the slot where he is IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    This is nothing new, the problem has just become larger, and it may force the Rams to make a move where they wouldn't have before. Whether or not said potential move helps or hurts is yet to be seen. I just hope they don't knee-jerk (sorry for the reference, Donnie) and overpay for someone
    Well, then I guess thats the way its going to be. TOO BAD. Trent Green and AJ FEELey got hurt, and Warner and Bradford came in respectively and so far Bradford has taken advantage of the opportunity. Maybe its a blessing in disguise like Feely' injury: Our best WR is out, you probably wouldnt have looked for help before BUT NOW YOU REALLY SHOULD!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    dammmmn we should have got T.O.!
    Are you kidding me ? Can you say FOUR PILLARS

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I agree. Laurent Robinson and Brandon Gibson on the outside looks to be a good WR duo for now. With Danny in the slot stretching the field.

Not a bad combo. Not exactly sure it will scare defenses but at least we have some viable options there, which is nice.

Also having Hoomanawanui and Onobun will help because both can catch especially Onobun....you see that 33 yard reception he had yesterday? Boy hes fast and thats a great mismatch. Hes too fast for a Linebacker but too strong for a Corner.
    I really have high expectations and hopes for him. This is exactly what you are looking for in a prospect like Fendi. I hope he makes the 53-man gameday roster.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I thought Vincent Jackson would only be suspended for 6* games if he didn't join a team by Sept 6. Guess I'm incorrect.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Let's think back to 1999. After Trent Green went down we were ready to look anywhere but in our own backyard and look what we found. Before we get too busy looking elsewhere, especially Vincent Jackson, who's not in DeSpags sights I'm sure, let's see how our platoon of Gibson and Robinson w/Amendola as the slot work out. Let's face it we're not a Super Bowl contender this year, so work with what we have. Maybe a "Kurt Warner" WR is on our team.

Go Rams!

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    As much as I'd love to have Vincent Jackson on our roster, we'd have to pay a king's ransom in order to let this guy play for us.
    He's proven, so it cant be worse than our draft picks. What do you want, a number one draft pick, go to someone out of college, or pay less money to someone who is proven already?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    He's proven, so it cant be worse than our draft picks. What do you want, a number one draft pick, go to someone out of college, or pay less money to someone who is proven already?
    Yes he's proven of course, and if Kroenke's willing to give the guy a huge paycheck, then that's great. But I know there are other veteran WRs who are not as good as V-Jax but can provide the veteran presence for our raw young receivers, meaning we can do what Feeley did to develop Bradford but to our group of young receivers.

rxb97 is offline Registered User

Bradfords most frequent target in college was Jermaine Gresham.. Jermaine even remained 1 extra year with Sam, those TEs the Rams have might get a lot of balls when Sam is in the game, I wouldnt spend a lot on a receiver right off the bat but do grab the best available here in 2 weeks...Sam will spread it around a lot, but he will absolutely feed a big TE

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    And with his that 7 game suspension, and Spags' four pillars approach, you can kiss that idea goodbye. We'll take a pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I thought Vincent Jackson would only be suspended for 6* games if he didn't join a team by Sept 6. Guess I'm incorrect.
    To clarify (with the help of a PFT article), Jackson's three-game suspension begins on September 4th. Because Jackson as a restricted free agent has yet to report to the Chargers, he must also spend three-weeks on the roster exempt list.

If he reports before the September 4th deadline, that time can be served concurrently. Meaning he only misses three weeks total. If he doesn't report by September 4th, then the three-week roster exempt period will start after his three-week suspension, and thus he will miss six weeks.

The odds are that, if the Chargers trade Jackson, they'll do it before September 4th so that he only has to be out three games for his new team. The price San Diego could demand for Jackson would plummet if he was dealt after September 4th and thus had a six-game vacation to look forward to.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Honestly, we needed another WR BEFORE Avery went down. Hate if for him. Never want to see anyone get injured. However, he beat rookie CB's last night. When he goes up against veterans they shut him down.

iOur WR's are like the girls all get prettier at closing time. Try to pick the least ugly and be happy.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Although it sucks that Avery got hurt last night, unlike most of you, I don't see his injury as that big of a deal. The Rams starting WR's aren't exactly proven superstars. Avery had yet to prove he was going to be a legitimate #1 WR. ...at least in my eyes. Sure, he had speed, but his route running and durability were still very much in question. His durability is now pretty much proven to be less than stellar. The guy can't stay healthy. All the speed in the world does a guy no good when he's on the sideline hurt.

Even though there is a slight dropoff in speed with some of the other WR's, I think Gibson, Robinson and Amendola are every bit as good as Avery. It will hurt more that we lost someone that already knows the playbook more than it does because it's Avery. This injury may just open the door for the new kid from Missouri.

I don't see the Rams going out and spending the money on Jackson.

Besides, if last night was any indication, it looks like Braford loves to throw to the TE.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12