Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    We need talent!!!!!!

    Sometimes I wonder if anyone really gets it. "it" meaning football.

    There are people on this site that for the last 7 years for what ever

    reason believe we are on the brink or winning a superbowl??????.

    We need so many things on this team, I start to wonder the logic

    that people say "dont trade jackson.".

    We should have drafted Chris J. Its reality that this Rams team does

    not know to draft. And dont let me get started on D Jackson that we

    passed on!
    Last edited by BEER; -01-03-2010 at 08:13 PM.


  2. #2
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if anyone really gets it. "it" meaning football.

    There are people on this site that for the last 7 years for what ever

    reason believe we are on the brink or winning a superbowl??????.

    We need so many things on this team, I start to wonder the logic

    by the people that say "dont trade jackson.".

    We should have drafted Chris J. Its reality that this Rams team does

    not how to draft. And dont let me get started on D Jackson that we

    passed on!
    Yeah, Avery was picked too high in the draft. Rams definitely missed out on CJ and DJ!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    BEER's Avatar
    BEER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Yeah, Avery was picked too high in the draft. Rams definitely missed out on CJ and DJ!!!!
    If we trade our pick instead of trading Jackson i will be pissed. What else
    can the rams fans say.

  4. #4
    SavageRam's Avatar
    SavageRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Yep, picking Avery as high as the Rams did was the dumbest draft move I ever remember seeing.

    But that regime is gone now, so we need to look ahead.

    Should we trade Jackson for something like another first rounder? I'll be the first to admit, I really don't know.

    Wouldn't it be great to have a time machine?

  5. #5
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    You guys are drafting with hindsight. Which is nice but not practical.

    You criticize the Rams for passing on Chris Johnson. CJ was the 5th running back picked in the draft. Not a lot of people saw what was coming with him. Besides... when were we supposed to draft him? Are you suggesting we should have passed on Darren McFadden and drafted Chris Johnson 2nd overall? Of course hind sight would say hell yes but but no one... no one could have seen that one coming. The Titans probably wouldn't of even drafted Chris Johnson if they had a higher pick that year.

    Again a lot of people keep harping on D Jackson as well. After we drafted Avery there were 5 other wide receivers drafted before D Jackson. So we were not the only ones that didn't see how well he would play.

    Don't get me wrong... I would love to have CJ or DJ on this team. But our picks were not illogical.

  6. #6
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,987
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if anyone really gets it. "it" meaning football.

    There are people on this site that for the last 7 years for what ever

    reason believe we are on the brink or winning a superbowl??????.

    We need so many things on this team, I start to wonder the logic

    that people say "dont trade jackson.".

    We should have drafted Chris J. Its reality that this Rams team does

    not know to draft. And dont let me get started on D Jackson that we

    passed on!
    I hate to inform you since you seem to believe that you get it, it meaning football. However Chris Johnson or Desean Jackson would not be half as successful on the Rams as they are on the Titans and Eagles. Both of those teams have superior talent on the o-line and surrounding those two players. Sure trading Jackson would garner a few extra picks probably not as many as you think it will but a few extra. So then we draft a new young rb with one of those picks and what if the guy isnt very good? No team in the NFL is giving up two first rounders for Jackson, I bet we would get like a 1st and a 3rd at the most. Do we really know that Avery would not be flourishing on the Eagles had they got him instead? Seeing how you understand football and all just look how many times Mcnabb just stands back in the pocket with all day to throw. Hard to cover a guy when your qb gets 6 seconds to throw as opposed to what our qb's get like 1.2 seconds. Even if we had Johnson and Jackson this year we still would have only won 1 game, sorry to burst your bubble.

    You are right about one thing though we need talent however it is along the o-line and not at the glamour positions like you would like. Like you said though i guess i just don't get it because afterall trading Jackson would guarantee us getting great players with the draft picks we use right. Afterall the draft is an exact science so we would surely get a guy that was even better than Jackson in return. Like you said though maybe I just don't get it.
    Just Fix It

  7. #7
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,602
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post

    We need so many things on this team, I start to wonder the logic

    that people say "dont trade jackson.".
    Who could we get in return that is half as good as Jackson? Vick? right....or maybe Chris Chandler? Matt Leinart? Jamarcus Russel?

    No thanks. I think we need to keep our best offensive player to build around. He's our foundation, and you can't build a solid house without a foundation.

  8. #8
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    We do need talent, but your assessment in drafting CJ and DJ wouldn't work. Those guys are on a good offense. They have good players all around. We don't.

    We have way too many holes to fill. Lets hope some of them do get filled by next seasn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

  9. #9
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    I don't think anyone on this site is ignorant of the fact that the Rams need talent.

    Also, to suggest we should have drafted Chris Johnson with our no. 2 pick is a little crazy. If honestly, you would have picked him two years ago, without having seem him run a single play in the NFL, with Steven Jackson as your starter and Darren Mcfadden still on the board, well then I commend you. Even with hindsight, I would have still picked Chris Long.

    On another note, why am I still responding the threads like this?!
    Last edited by shower beers; -01-03-2010 at 08:49 PM.

  10. #10
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Who could we get in return that is half as good as Jackson? Vick? right....or maybe Chris Chandler? Matt Leinart? Jamarcus Russel?

    No thanks. I think we need to keep our best offensive player to build around. He's our foundation, and you can't build a solid house without a foundation.
    you need more than one piece of concrete to build that foundation.

  11. #11
    NY RAMFAN's Avatar
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    Yep, picking Avery as high as the Rams did was the dumbest draft move I ever remember seeing.
    Tye Hill...

  12. #12
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    Tye Hill...
    oh yea good one

  13. #13
    SavageRam's Avatar
    SavageRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN View Post
    Tye Hill...
    Yeah, I thought of him too... he was a close second to Avery, IMO

  14. #14
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,012
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    Okay...

    So...

    Talent is good...

    Hindsight is 20/20...

    And if you really want to get your point accross...

    Post in short, double-spaced, phrases.

    Got it.

  15. #15
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: We need talent!!!!!!

    In answer to showerbeers question; we respond to threads like this because we have to offer an alternative to the tide of despondent inanity that seems to be washing over the boards right now.

    This thead is typical in that it uses perfect hindsight to criticise decisions made in the best of faith at the time. Neither Long or Avery can be in any regarded as disastrous picks at this current moment although you might be able to say, again with hindsight, that they haven't worked out quite as well as some players picked after them (Avery) or quite as well as some of us hoped (Long).

    This is not to say that you can't be critical, of course you can but to offer up Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson as proof-positive of Rams futility misses the point that would seem to be being made in the title of the thread.

    They have dramatically better talent around them.

    The Rams have such a dearth of talent and experience across the board that its nigh-on impossible to get an accurate picture of any single player let alone their contribution to our 1-15 calamity. Its verging on the moronic to take this a stage further, as some have done and then make a case for coaching change. Right now we just have to try and stop the bleeding and stabalize our situation, which I think our front office has made respectable strides in trying to do.

    I think a case can be made for criticising Devaney for his approach to our WR situation but would point to the injury holocaust at that position. I also think that a case can be made for replacing Shurmur but again would point to injury and talent in mitigation. QB has to be addressed this coming off-season either through the draft or through some creative roster accountancy.

    We're in a painful place right now and its obvious we need talent but we need so much of it its not funny.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: -12-24-2009, 01:33 AM
  2. Postgame Chat w/ Gordo
    By ScottD413 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-18-2009, 08:13 PM
  3. Talent in the NFL Draft
    By LongBlood in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -03-31-2009, 04:37 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: -02-16-2006, 10:23 PM
  5. Looking At The Talent Issue
    By RamTime in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -11-27-2004, 04:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •