Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: We need talent!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    If we trade our pick instead of trading Jackson i will be pissed. What else
    can the rams fans say.
    Give me the name of one player who can completely replace Jackson's production in 2010, who we can realistically acquire (so no joke Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson replies), if we trade Jackson.

You can't, can you.

We need to keep Jackson.

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay...

So...

Talent is good...

Hindsight is 20/20...

And if you really want to get your point accross...

Post in short, double-spaced, phrases.

Got it.
    Hey, your right. And all along I thought you had no common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Give me the name of one player who can completely replace Jackson's production in 2010, who we can realistically acquire (so no joke Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson replies), if we trade Jackson.

You can't, can you.

We need to keep Jackson.
    we are not building a person, we are building a TEAM!

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

We need to build around Steven Jackson, not trade him! He's the best back in the NFC IMO, we need him for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    We need to build around Steven Jackson, not trade him! He's the best back in the NFC IMO, we need him for the future.
    What future? he will be 29 in couple of years. The end of jackson's time with the NFL is coming to a end in two years. Do you realisticly see us
    winning the superbowl within that time frame???????

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

What future? he will be 29 in couple of years. The end of jackson's time with the NFL is coming to a end in two years. Do you realisticly see us
    winning the superbowl within that time frame???????
    Soooooo...old people can't be productive in the NFL? Better tell Brett Farve...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We do need talent, but your assessment in drafting CJ and DJ wouldn't work. Those guys are on a good offense. They have good players all around. We don't.

We have way too many holes to fill. Lets hope some of them do get filled by next seasn.
    I agree. But how do you fill those holes? My way is getting more draft picks.

If we did not have Jackson this season would we be 0 and 16. Who cares.
    we went 1 and 15.. ...................! Do you get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Soooooo...old people can't be productive in the NFL? Better tell Brett Farve...
    Has Brett won the SB with the MV yet..... NO. And to compare Brett to Jackson is craxxy... Jackson is always hurt and misses games.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I hate to inform you since you seem to believe that you get it, it meaning football. However Chris Johnson or Desean Jackson would not be half as successful on the Rams as they are on the Titans and Eagles. Both of those teams have superior talent on the o-line and surrounding those two players. Sure trading Jackson would garner a few extra picks probably not as many as you think it will but a few extra. So then we draft a new young rb with one of those picks and what if the guy isnt very good? No team in the NFL is giving up two first rounders for Jackson, I bet we would get like a 1st and a 3rd at the most. Do we really know that Avery would not be flourishing on the Eagles had they got him instead? Seeing how you understand football and all just look how many times Mcnabb just stands back in the pocket with all day to throw. Hard to cover a guy when your qb gets 6 seconds to throw as opposed to what our qb's get like 1.2 seconds. Even if we had Johnson and Jackson this year we still would have only won 1 game, sorry to burst your bubble.

You are right about one thing though we need talent however it is along the o-line and not at the glamour positions like you would like. Like you said though i guess i just don't get it because afterall trading Jackson would guarantee us getting great players with the draft picks we use right. Afterall the draft is an exact science so we would surely get a guy that was even better than Jackson in return. Like you said though maybe I just don't get it.
    I just have to say that I totally agree with the assesement of Desean Jackson and Chris Johnson had they played for the rams. The rams definetly do not have the tallent that the Eagles have on that O-line.

This meaning that even if we would have had Desean Jackson what good would it have done, when for most of the season the Rams had to throw underneath because the O-line could not hold their blocks. Even today for example vs. the ***** did you guys not notice that the Rams could not expose their depleted secondary because the O-line could not hold. They only went deap once. All year we did not take shots downfield because of the O-line. They probably threw the bomb only a handful of times all year. Even Spags said in the past he would like to take a few more shots downfield with Avery's speed. You know that shoring up the offensive line will be priority number one.

I also must say shame on those who think we should trade Steven Jackson. The man deserves nothing but praise for what he has done for this team. He has carried them on his back with having different guard or tackle almost every week and playing musical chairs with our quaterbacks this year.

Yes!, the offensive line was better than last year and for a part of the season the interiour of that line looked like one of the best in the Nfl, but once again as it has in past years it was decimated by injuries.

Jackson had a terrific year this year even with all the injuries and even losing his best friend Mike Karney for a couple of games due to injuries, but did any of you even stop for a second and think what if Jackson did not have to face 8 and even 9 man boxes every game and had a descent line in front of him and some receivers outside to open things up what the possibilities might have been. The man with even all of this had over 1 400yds rushing and an average of over 4 yards per carry, he should be thanked not wanted to be run out of town.

I realise the Nfl is a buisiness, which leads me to my next point I know that running backs are usually easy to find a replacement for. This is precisely why we should not try to trade him. He is an elite running back and no way are we going to get fair market value for him. This being said you keep him not only for his production, but also for his leadership which this team desperately needs.

I understand that all of you are just venting and expressing ideas I just had to stand up for what I believe and maybe change your points of view. Yes, the Lions traded their best player a few years ago now and got so much in return for him, but that was for an elite receiver they as well as quaterbacks usually get prime premium for them not running backs. I also think that the cowboys bumped their heads for giving up what they did for Roy Williams not saying he is not good just that is way too much to give up for him.

Every one just cares so much for this team that they just want to throw out whatever idea they have for fixing this thing. I am telling you be patient they have a good management team now, and they will get it right. Also be positive they are the right people for the job long gone is the former team with alot of questionable moves. They are on the right track and they will get it right. Also if you stop and think the Rams had even more holes last year and look at everything they have added. They added alot of good.... good pieces in:

- Jason Brown -James Butler -James Laurinaitis -Mike Karney

These are just a few of the pieces they have added that will go a long way towards rebuilding the future of this team. This is just to name a few. Imagine only imagine what else they will add with this offseason, with the team not being to strapped for cash as they were last offseason with all of the dead weight.

Great teams build through free agency and the draft and always keep looking towards improving their team every year. Well for the Rams the process has only begun.

Go Rams
    Last edited by Canadian Rams Fan; -01-03-2010 at 11:53 PM.

My point is the Rams never start. U have to start somewhere, not nowhere.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

To show how smart

you are you hit return

at the end of the line?

That's awesome in

it's own right.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Has Brett won the SB with the MV yet..... NO. And to compare Brett to Jackson is craxxy... Jackson is always hurt and misses games.
    But Jackson doesn't have a pain pill addiction. He also doesn't get the benefit of roughing princess threats to prevent unnecessary roughness hits.

If one wants to make a more realistic comparison, no insult to SJAX, but what about Ricky (Marly) Williams? SJAX doesn't strike me as a pothead either, but he is a RB that the team relies on.

gap

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Contrary to popular belief, pulling the handle of the slot machine more often (which is what draft picks ultimately are) does not automatically increase your winnings. If we trade one elite back for several piles of mediocrity....well we've got a whole lot of mediocrity and nothing to build around.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Yes I get it.

This team is already torn down and in the process of being built up. The only sure talent on this team and capable leader other than the Rookie MLB is SJax.

Bottom line his value is worth way more remaining as a Ram rather than those extra picks you seem to think are so valuable but half the times teams miss on the talent. Not an exact science so many varables ie... injuries, work ethics, motivation, character/character flaws, and so on.

By the way if you get rid of Jackson then acquiring a talented RB because a significant need for the Rams. I would be willing to bet the farm your precious extra pick will not be a probowler or potential HOF. The ODDS will be on my side.

Just for fun lets say you get that 1st round pick (7th spot)

Since you seem to know the draft so well go ahead and make that pick and we can evaluate it in a couple of years to see how you did? Betcha you will struggle with out your hindsight....

I will make it fair and simple Mel Kipers to 5 rank players are off limits so you draft anyone past the 5th spot.

I have a feeling your selection will not have as much success as CJ and DJ.

GO RAMS

RockinRam is offline Registered User

This is the fact.

Pretend we get offered a first round pick and a third round pick for Steven Jackson.

And, say, we take that deal.

What do we have now?

Our elite-caliber RB is gone, which leaves ANOTHER hole in our damn poor offense.

So, we basically have to use the first round pick we got from the deal to get ANOTHER RB (most likely not as good) to REPLACE Jackson.

Then, we end up with only an extra 3rd round pick.

IMO, this is crap. No trading Steven Jackson.

End of discussion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast