Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rNemesis is offline Registered User

We need to win next game at wash redskins!!

I dont think it will bode well if we lose this game. The reason being is that we are a team in very much disarray and thus making a lot of radical changes because of it, whether it be bad change or good change. And after every change, we want to see results. Therefore, by firing ex-coach Scott Linehan and naming Jim Haslett interim head coach, you are basically saying that you want to put an end to that losing and start winning again. But if we lose to the skins, then it will look like we made the wrong move and this move isnt working, then eventually we will want to get rid of haslett. THen again it is an interim job, so basically it means that he is the coach UNTIL we can find a REAL one.
    And another thing I want to say. There should be no excuse why we cant and dont want to win. I dont want to hear excuses about players not respecting Linny or not wanting to play for him, I dont want to hear that. We have a new coach now who has a pretty good track record and HAS beat winning teams before, unlike Linny who, out of his 11 wins, has NEVER beat a team with more wins than losses.

We better recover, regroup, and come back strong against washington. Like I stated b4, after that Bills game, you cannot sit here and type that we played hard for FOUR quarters . I mean, c'mon I refuse to believe that. I KNOW FOR SURE that we played hard for the first half ( IT was a joy to watch I must say; being up 14-6) and then Trent Green intentionally threw the pick 6 and no one tackled Jabari Greer. Then Jason Craft intentionally let Lee Evans, who was QUIET all game, beat him deep in the endzone on a 31 yard pass play. I know they threw that game ; it was obvious!!! :@ My goodness we all wanted Linehan gone, yes, but golly dont throw the game because of it! . We had that game and we were going to win. But if we dont win, it will look terrrible, like we cant make the right moves and then next thing you know, we start firing here and releasing and signing losers there.
    Last edited by rNemesis; -10-01-2008 at 09:53 PM.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Re: We need to win next game at wash redskins!!

We need to win the next oh 10 or 12 games, but that is not going to happen. I hate to say this but you just can't flip a switch and make this team good again. I don't see us beating the Redskins, not to be a party pooper but they're a better team. Firing Linehan was the first step to recovery for this franchise but much more has to be done, you simply can't erase years of bad drafting with a coaching change and that is at the core of what is wrong with the Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

We need to be competitive for 4 quarters... anything else is a bonus

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yes, we definitely need to start winning some games. This one won't be easy, though. The Redskins just got done beating the Cowboys pretty handily. Santana Moss picked up over 100 yards through the air, Portis picked up over 100 on the ground, and the Skins defense held Marion Barber to 26 rushing yards on 8 carries.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Yes, we definitely need to start winning some games. This one won't be easy, though. The Redskins just got done beating the Cowboys pretty handily. Santana Moss picked up over 100 yards through the air, Portis picked up over 100 on the ground, and the Skins defense held Marion Barber to 26 rushing yards on 8 carries.
    Well I think we need to figure out how to win ONE game first. THis franchise and team needs a win to get some confidence back and hopefully keep it up, but you cant win games if you cant win ONE first.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

This will not be an easy game to win. The skins are gaining confidence and they are playing at home. They may overlook us since our record is so bad.

Al Saunders will know a lot about them and that could help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PARamfan is offline Registered User

A win against the 'Skins would be nice although I think the steps this team takes are gonnabe baby steps and maybe we'll see halftime adjustments and a team that battles to the end of the game.
    They could lose a heartbreaker and it would be a step in the right direction.
    Anyone who thinks this is gonna turn around and be a miracle run at the playoffs just because we changed coaches is delusional.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    This will not be an easy game to win. The skins are gaining confidence and they are playing at home. They may overlook us since our record is so bad.

Al Saunders will know a lot about them and that could help.
    The down side is that the Redskins also know alot about Saunders.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Action_Jackson View Post
    That's what I'm sayin'.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

All I can say about this next game is that we need to play with some damn emotion. If we get down by 14, dont lose hope. Keep playing and score. Motivate each other on offense and defense. Anything can happen if you stay in the game.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    All I can say about this next game is that we need to play with some damn emotion. If we get down by 14, dont lose hope. Keep playing and score. Motivate each other on offense and defense. Anything can happen if you stay in the game.
    Great post Moose, I hope these guys watched the Steeler game on Monday night to see how a team doesn't give up but keeps fighting. For that matter the Cardinals didn't quit when the Jets had them down by 30 something at the half, they came back and made it respectable. Maybe Haslett should show the Oilers and Chiefs playoff game when Houston came back from being behind 35 at the half to win. Your right anything can happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BEER is offline Registered User

Wink Re: We need to win next game at wash redskins!!

I'll tell you why we need to win one game!! So were not the first team in
    NFL history to go 0 and 16. The Chargers were 0 and 15, then one against
    KC in the last game. I hope we dont wait that long. At least we cant loose
    this week. lol..
    Last edited by BEER; -10-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Action_Jackson View Post
    What he said.

If we manage to get competitive the wins will come.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    A win against the 'Skins would be nice although I think the steps this team takes are gonnabe baby steps and maybe we'll see halftime adjustments and a team that battles to the end of the game.
    Anyone who thinks this is gonna turn around and be a miracle run at the playoffs just because we changed coaches is delusional.
    I completely agree. It's one thing to lose, and it's another to be blown out. I laughed about the Dallas vs Washington game because both teams fought hard until the final minute or so in the game, until it was officially over and I just love how people were freaking out about that loss! I'd be very happy if our Rams come out and play hard against the Washington Redskins. They're a good team and we need to show them that regardless of a win or loss, we demand respect and the only way to get that respect is to play some damn good football. 4 quarters, nothing less and like others have agreed upon, any more is a bonus.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by Action_Jackson
    Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    What he said.

If we manage to get competitive the wins will come.
    Originally Posted by PARamfan
    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I completely agree. It's one thing to lose, and it's another to be blown out. I laughed about the Dallas vs Washington game because both teams fought hard until the final minute or so in the game, until it was officially over and I just love how people were freaking out about that loss! I'd be very happy if our Rams come out and play hard against the Washington Redskins. They're a good team and we need to show them that regardless of a win or loss, we demand respect and the only way to get that respect is to play some damn good football. 4 quarters, nothing less and like others have agreed upon, any more is a bonus.

Totally agree. That would make the Rams season much more tolerable too!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-05-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Speleen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast