Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

We are not good !

I'm not over-reacting to one game, but look at this

San Fran - Basically a Sad team

Arizona - 1-3 has ONLY beaten San Fran

Tenn 1-3 - Bill Cowher said of their blowout against Tenn - they weren't much of a test.

Giants - Gave up 45 points last week and could've easily been over 50. Obviously, the Giants are better than the first 3.

We are in a very weak division, but that doesn't excite me because chances are the playoff teams will embarass us on National TV, if we get there.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: We are not good !

After reading the many posts about our losses to the Giants and whiners, I think I have a solution:

Let's fire everyone who isn't performing perfect in every game. Then, let's replace them all with newbies who haven't screwed up in the NFL....and if they tank, let's fire them, and so on...

Seriously, the days of GSOT are in the past. Very few of us are really expecting a win every week. We all know the Rams strengths, we know the weaknesses. Some teams know how to take away our advantages, and play on our weaknesses. That is just what the Giants did. (Not sure what happenned in SF).
    It's still just the end of week 4. For the most part, I have seen the Rams improve in most areas. Does that mean that we will win every game? No. Does that mean I am ready to give up? No.
    I wasn't a fan during the 'dark days' of the 90's. BUT --- if we have losing season after losing season, I will gripe loudly. As of right now, the best teams in the league are seperated from the worst teams by a fine line. On any given Sunday...
    As far as the playoffs go, every team that makes it that far has earned the right to be there. If we make it, play well, and still lose....well, I will remain a Rams fan. If we just blow it big time....well, at least we got that far.
    I don't think you're overreacting. I think you ARE worried about what we can do the rest of the season.
    Don't worry....we are still tied for first in the division.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, we haven't jumped on teams early that's for sure. Always coming from behind is not a sign of a good team. However, I'm not ready to say they aren't that good either.

3 road games out of 4 to start the season is tough. However, to come away 2-2 is not that bad either.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

good point again, 2-2 not bad since 3 of those were road games but we still havent played well, in spots yes, but we need a whole game on sunday against the seahawks or it will be another long day

rammiser is offline Registered User

I didnt expect us to beat the Giants on the road so I am not totally suprised to see us get blown out. The one thing I am suprised about is that Martz continues to make stupid play calls in crucial situations. A reverse at the 5 yard line? It was 3rd and 3 and that was a disaster waiting to happen. I think if we had scored a fg or a td we would have won yesterday. We had the Giants reeling and were about to cut the game to 1 score. With the talent the Rams have on offense there is no need for that razzle dazzle inside the ten. I realize the players have to execute but the Giants didnt exactly look fooled by it. That was a momentum killer and cost us any chance of winning.

I thought Barron played very very well considering he was blocking Strahan for most of the game.

The int's were not Bulger's fault he had to pass and they were dropping eight into coverage.

The defense pretty much sucked the whole game. No pressure on manning was very costly. No one could cover Burress and why our return man was covering him was beyond me. Run defense was shaky at times Barber had huge holes to run through.

Special teams has improved Ponder had no where to go and coverage was good.

Not much to say about the running game because for the 3rd game out of 4 we were down by 10 or more points.

This team looks like an 8-8 or 9-7 team. There is just no consistant good play for this team. That may be good enough to win the division because the Seachickens look just as inconsistant. The more games I watch the less excited I get about our chances to gel and become a competitive playoff team.
    Just Fix It

Rambos is online now Registered User

think if we had scored a fg or a td we would have won yesterday.
    No we would have lost, we never really took control on D we would have came up short. Martz made a bad call but he made a great call on 4th 6 early to get us back in it. just my two cents.

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

well i wouldnt say we are bad..just need to stop turning the ball over. and learn to balance the game out a little..
    Last edited by shortman1984; -10-03-2005 at 05:14 PM.

ButterCup8119 is offline Registered User

I believe that the Rams could have easily won yesterday if the defense wouldn't have gotten torched.

goose9857 is offline Registered User

Yeah they maybe tied for the division, but they ain't goin nowhere. Rams just ain't that good. They do have talent, but no coaching. Martz has got to get the hell out of there. Him and stupid play-calling. I'm sick and tired of this guy for past two years. He should have been gone long ago. This guy is the laughing stock of the nfl. People are making fun of him t.v. He is one big joke. And i know i'll hear it from all the martz defenders in here, but I really don't care

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCup8119
    I believe that the Rams could have easily won yesterday if the defense wouldn't have gotten torched.
    Could have, should have, would have after every loss will not change the outcome of how we played as a team. Shockey could have, should have, and would have had better numbers. Either team can make these type statements. At some point you just have to say they kicked our ass. Our offense could have, would have, and should have shown up in the first quarter also. The defense sucked but it was a true team loss. If the offense had been moving the ball early maybe we would not have become one-dimensional. The running game was also non-existent Jackson had 10 carries for 17 yards 1.7 yards per carry.

DaRamsBaby is offline Registered User

Well, our defense does suck in the secondary, i mean our run stop is pretty good but even that sucked yesterday, and one thing we do need to do is get rid of mike martz cuz all he is about it passing, passing, passing, i mean its ok to pass but over 50 attempts, thats not good, give the ball to Jackson thats why we got him

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

It seems to me that we all have some concerns with Martz's play calling and overall the coaching aspects. But he is currently just not doing a hot job. He has killed our momemtum with some weird calls in the red zone in both the San Francisco and Giants games.
    The way i see it he seems pretty unsure when it counts.
    This is where he lacks the killer punch he had as a coordinator under Vermeil. We have just been an ugly team since game one in the red zone.
    And the stats for 3rd & 4th downs is not something to be proud of. We seem to be lacking focus.
    I know it's not his fault but he is the head coach and he needs to make changes. The hawks are not going to be easy to beat if we play catch up.
    The defense is just on and off and still is lacking key
    secondary help.
    Like in the Giants game. We should have covered Burress with a double team right after the second td. But no adjustments were made and we stuck withdouble teaming Shockey instead. These are the questionable calls that will give us a poor season. The schedule is not any easier and the next weeks before the bye are no piece of cake. We are lucky if we go 4-4 before the bye.
    THE FIELD GOAL

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCup8119
    The defense one game the offense the next!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

We've played three sad teams and the Giants. The Giants gave up 45 the week before they beat us.

Philadelphia, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Indy -

They are the upper echelon, and we haven't played any teams in the that class yet - and we're 2-2.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

We are still a Superbowl caliber team.We just suck at the moment.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast