Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: We now have the first pick !!!!!

  1. #16
    SavageRam's Avatar
    SavageRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    433
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    This is what being a St. Louis Ram's fan has become...


    Enjoying the fact that we get to pick high in next year's draft (again).


    [heavy sigh]
    you beat me to it

    Lets all have a collective sigh...
    Last edited by SavageRam; -12-24-2011 at 06:39 PM.


  2. #17
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,730
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Its possible the Rams can get a win next week.? The ***** could rest all their starters for all we know.? Knowing the Rams, they will probably play a good game next week.?The Colts probably lose the game, but still get the first pick.?

    My money is on the Rams, finishing up with the second pick, in the upcoming draft.?
    Niners won't rest because there is a first round bye on the line. It's between them and the Saints and they have equal records

  3. #18
    mh-i's Avatar
    mh-i is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,248
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    The only lock in the 3 team scenerios is the Rams. They will lose and again it won't be close no matter who takes the field for the niners. The Rams again unfortunately have been by far the worst team and therefor deserve the 1st pick. Come on, they've allowed 500 more points than they've scored. That's with an alledgedly decent defense. I have a feeling we're gonna get a top 5 pick next season also. This team is that bad.

  4. #19
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Its possible the Rams can get a win next week.? The ***** could rest all their starters for all we know.? Knowing the Rams, they will probably play a good game next week.?The Colts probably lose the game, but still get the first pick.?

    My money is on the Rams, finishing up with the second pick, in the upcoming draft.?
    For San Fran to rest their starters, they need to win, Green Bay needs to win, and the Saints need to lose. Otherwise they have something to play for.

  5. #20
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,142
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    If we win next week and the Vikings lose, we will most likely end up #3.

    Like I said we have the second pick locked up!

  6. #21
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Niners won't rest because there is a first round bye on the line. It's between them and the Saints and they have equal records
    Excellent, just the way it should be.

  7. #22
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    what if the complete impossible happens and the rams beat the 9ers? at the same time the colts beat the jags would u be happy we won or mad we lost the 1st pick

  8. #23
    JustinHasAnAxe's Avatar
    JustinHasAnAxe is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Nope. The Rams are by far the worst team in the NFL. It's not even close. They were at the bottom of the power rankings and then got beat 27-0 by a team playing a back-up QB. The Rams are one of the worst teams ever.
    A bad team starting its 3rd (4th?) string QB was beaten by a good team starting its #2 QB.

    Jesus. Everyone is acting like the Rams are healthy.
    SWFCRAM likes this.

  9. #24
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,459
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    We will lose again next week. The only question is can the Colts win another one? I'll root for a win every week, but I know what to expect.
    ManofGod likes this.

  10. #25
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,627
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    No we don't.

    Ties between teams with identical records are determined by a tiebreaker. The first is strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents during the season. The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.

    The current strength of schedules are: Colts (.547), Rams (.566) and Vikings (.587).

    Colts still have the #1 pick.
    It'd be nice if Roger Godell came in and said: "we're scrapping those old tiebreakers, and we're just gonna go with common sense this year".

    "With Manning back next year, the Colts resume their superbowl contender status."

    "On the other hand, bring back everybody who suited up for the Rams this year and they might get to 6-10."

    "Therefore it has been determined that the Rams are by far the worst of the two teams, and are hereby awarded the first pick."

  11. #26
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,452
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Nope. The Rams are by far the worst team in the NFL. It's not even close. They were at the bottom of the power rankings and then got beat 27-0 by a team playing a back-up QB. The Rams are one of the worst teams ever.
    You do realize that we played with a 3rd-4th string offense minus Jackson. It's really no surprise here that we got shut out. Our defense played really well allowing 13 points for 3 quarters, if we actually had an offense that could sustain drives, I wonder how fresh would our defense would've looked.

  12. #27
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,459
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    You do realize that we played with a 3rd-4th string offense minus Jackson. It's really no surprise here that we got shut out. Our defense played really well allowing 13 points for 3 quarters, if we actually had an offense that could sustain drives, I wonder how fresh would our defense would've looked.
    Even when we had our starters we were putting up 9 PPG...
    RAMarkable likes this.

  13. #28
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Even when we had our starters we were putting up 9 PPG...
    This is exactly what I have been saying to those who continually blame everything on the injuries. Heck, we've been putrid all year long even when we were healthy.

    Injuries are just another excuse for those who do not want to face the fact that the Rams have not played well at anytime this year.
    RockinRam and Jockelite like this.

  14. #29
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,459
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    This is exactly what I have been saying to those who continually blame everything on the injuries. Heck, we've been putrid all year long even when we were healthy.

    Injuries are just another excuse for those who do not want to face the fact that the Rams have not played well at anytime this year.
    Its true. Dont get me wrong, we've had some big injuries (Bartell, Fletcher, Murphy, Amendola, Salas) but that is no excuse as to why we blow. We sucked with them, and we'll suck even more without them. And its not like Amendola and Salas were going to put up 10 PPG. Saffold getting injured was actually a gift because he was the 3rd worst tackle in the NFL while he played. Who cares about Smith? Has anyone even noticed him missing? He and Goldberg are the same player, yet Goldberg is 10x cheaper (not exact same, Goldberg is terrible at run blocking but decent at pass while JSmooth is opposite), but I mean play wise they perform the same.

    Anyways, we suck. We need to get healthy, change the offense, improve the play, pick up some players, and get some new coaches.
    RAMarkable and ramjam like this.

  15. #30
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,391
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: We now have the first pick !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    This is what being a St. Louis Ram's fan has become...


    Enjoying the fact that we get to pick high in next year's draft (again).


    [Heavy sigh]
    Exactly what I was going to say! The irony of it all ... an infamous rooting for the 1st pick next year (and don't get me wrong, I'm right there too).

    Bah, humbug!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: -01-18-2009, 11:32 AM
  2. Rams Pick Alex Barron OT with their first pick
    By RamDez in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -07-10-2005, 10:54 PM
  3. Rams pick Centre with 2nd 3 round pick
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-24-2005, 04:58 AM
  4. Rams pick Barten with pick number 2
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-24-2005, 04:31 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -04-23-2005, 04:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •