Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamTime Guest

We Own Green Bay

The media is going to have their lips planted all over the Packers because of one of the most over-rated QB’s in the league. Favre throws more balls up for grabs then any QB I have ever seen. Sometimes he gets lucky and the ball magically lands in the hands of his receivers. (See Packers at Oakland on the day of Favre dad passing.) Other times, especially when challenged he throws up to six interceptions per contest. We own the Packers and that will continue.
    Who was the first team to beat the Packers after they won the Superbowl? Who whipped the Packers last year?
    Who spanked the Packers in the Playoffs when Favre threw 6 pics?
    What team did Ron Brown run Back two kickoffs against in an important game?
    Who’s ripe for an upset? Who’s hungry for a victory?
    Some things just do not change and the Rams deed over Green Bay is one of them.
    Martz is going to figure out what happened against buffalo both tactical and psychological. Martz has been on the edge of the coaching breakthrough we have been waiting for since 2000. It looks like the team will be eating their Turkey dinner on the practice field. (More evidence that Martz is getting it)The Seahawk losses will come and when they do, we have to be standing there with a win not wallowing in our own pity or our own shame. Remember all we have to do is tie with them to win the division. I think Martz is learning more with each loss. He’s learning more and he’s learning faster then in previous years. Maybe because in previous years the losses were not as critical as they are now. He hears the alarm, he sees the flashing lights. He will turn this thing around Monday night. He is what we have and he is the only route the Rams have to the playoffs so we have to believe, we have to fight. The Rams are going to dig deep and so am I.

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: We Own Green Bay

You know RT,I just hope the trend continues......I DO believe that Martz will turn this ship around....I love this new Martz...heads are rolling and so they should...I'm behind Martz and the Rams....it's Monday football..

steve :ramlogo:

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I hope your right RT. I'm getting a little tired of this mystery team. We will need to figure out a way to stop the run. You know that Ahman Green is licking his chops right now, and it aint because of turkey.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

WisRamsFan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

While we have owned Green Bay of late. All the games have been in the dome. Of course this year the frozen tundra has not been kind to the Pack.

The Packers have signed James Jackson just in case Green can't go because of his ribs. As said above we need to stop the run. Farve can be forced into mistakes but he can also make the team around him play better.

I think we can win this game if we limit the stupid mistakes and force turnovers. Even if Green plays, he has been known to fumble and the RAMS need to take advantage of that. Javon Walker is the main threat at receiver, but Driver will get his catches as well. Are DB's have to play a solid game to contain them.

On a side note, I believe Green Bay won the SB in 1996, the following year they beat the RAMS.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We make obscure TE's and RB's famous this year. I'm not taking anything for granted on the injury front.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I don't believe that we own anyone at this point in time; except maybe the Seaclucks. I'm with TX. I'm not taking anything for granted....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Latest weather reports indicate that it could snow Monday night. That could make things interesting.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Latest weather reports indicate that it could snow Monday night. That could make things interesting.
    You mean Jack Snow. :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamTime Guest

I don't believe that we own anyone at this point in time; except maybe the Seaclucks. I'm with TX. I'm not taking anything for granted....
    Not asking you to take anything for granted. I am asking that we all believe, burn sage, think positive because the Rams will fight hard. Their backs are to the wall, Martz is going to have them out there spitting nails. Just believe.

On a side note, I believe Green Bay won the SB in 1996, the following year they beat the RAMS.
    Without going to the media guide and relying on memory alone didn't the Rams open with Green Bay and score on their first posession then on the ensuing kickoff recover an on-side kick under Rich Brooks? or do I have my years/teams mixed up?

RamTime you are recalling a very good game. That was at the beginning of the 1994 season. That was also the last time the Pack was beaten at Lambeau for quite some time before Indy did it in 1998 (I believe). Still a great moment in RAMS/Packer history.

I beleive Todd Lyght returned a fumble or int for a TD just as the Packers were trying to score. Although that could be another RAMS/Packer game that I'm thinking of.
    Last edited by WisRamsFan; -11-24-2004 at 07:05 PM.

RamTime Guest

RamTime you are recalling a very good game. That was at the beginning of the 1994 season. That was also the last time the Pack was beaten at Lambeau for quite some time before Indy did it in 1998 (I believe). Still a great moment in RAMS/Packer history.

I beleive Todd Lyght returned a fumble or int for a TD just as the Packers were trying to score. Although that could be another RAMS/Packer game that I'm thinking of.
    I stand corrected.
    BUT WE STILL OWN THEM

DATE W/L Score Opponent ........................Attend.
    8/31 W 38-24 NEW ORLEANS ................(64,575)
    9/7 L 12-15 SAN FRANCISCO ..............(64,630)
    9/14 L 14-35 @ Denver............................(74,338)
    9/21 W 13-3 NEW YORK GIANTS..........(64,642)
    9/28 L 17-35 @ Oakland ..........................(42,506)
    10/12 L 10-30 @ San Francisco ................(63,825)
    10/19 L 9-17 SEATTLE ............................(64,819)
    10/26 L 20-28 KANSAS CITY ....................(64,864)
    11/2 L 31-34 @ Atlanta............................(36,853)
    11/9 L 7-17 @ Green Bay ......................(60,093)
    11/16 L 21-27 ATLANTA............................(64,299)
    11/23 L 10-16 CAROLINA ........................(64,609)
    11/30 W 23-20 @ Washington ....................(74,772)
    12/7 W 34-27 @ New Orleans ..................(54,803)
    12/14 L 10-13 CHICAGO ..........................(66,030)
    12/20 W 30-18 @ Carolina ..........................(58,101)

DATE W/L Score Opponent ........................Attend.
    9/3 W 17-14 @ Green Bay ......................(60,104)
    9/10 W 17-13 NEW ORLEANS ................(59,335)
    9/17 W 31-10 @ Carolina ..........................(54,060)
    9/24 W 34-28 CHICAGO ..........................(59,679)
    10/1 L 18-21 @ Indianapolis ....................(58,616)
    10/12 W 21-19 ATLANTA............................(59,700)
    10/22 L 10-44 SAN FRANCISCO ..............(59,915)
    10/29 L 9-20 @ Philadelphia ....................(62,172)
    11/5 L 10-19 @ New Orleans ..................(43,120)
    11/12 W 28-17 CAROLINA ........................(65,598)
    11/19 L 6-31 @ Atlanta............................(46,309)
    11/26 L 13-41 @ San Francisco ................(70,031)
    12/3 W 23-20 @ New York Jets ................(52,023)
    12/10 L 27-45 BUFFALO............................(64,623)
    12/17 L 23-35 WASHINGTON ..................(63,760)
    12/24 L 22-41 MIAMI ................................(63,876)

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

You know RamTime, you have good timing. Whenever I am losing faith in the Rams, you seem to pop in with some good words and make me believe again.

I am feeling more positive about Green Bay now. They have weaknesses and we have exploited them before.

Come on Rams....you can do it! Win one against Green Bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I too stand corrected as I had the year wrong. I guess the nineties just come out as a blur sometimes.

Anyways, yes we do own them.

As we type, Favre is thinking...These guys own me...man I hope I don't throw six interceptions...did A. Williams retire...sure hope my defense doesn't allow 30+ points again, it's hard enough to beat these guys when they score 20.

RealRam is offline Registered User

We Own Green Bay / Hey, Wisconsin...

Excellent thread, RamTime!

As the NFL grows into this millenium, with so many years, so many years of history, the thousands and thousands of games, the many rivalries, dynasties and legends ... ten thousand memories within the heart of each team and fans...

*Sigh* ... one can rightly place a solid memento of a glorious battle between two of these teams at a given time and prepare for the present, i.e., this coming MNF match. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Packers / Rams: I can trace back to December of 1967. We HAD to win that next-to-last game (AND the last one Vs. Colts) in order to make playoffs. For the rest of the story, of this nail-biter of a game, see,

a. http://www.angelfire.com/oz/pikeb/gb/1.html
    b. http://members.tripod.com/~mydamrams/index-200.html
    c. http://www.angelfire.com/oz/pikeb/gb/1.html

December 9, 1967: GB PACKERS at LA RAMS

By the 13th week, the Rams had lost but one game and tied two, including a 24-24 tie with the Colts.

The Colts led the Coastal, undefeated and twice tied. The Rams' 13th- week opponents were the Packers.

The game was due-or-die for the Rams; for the Packers it was meaningless. Meaningless to everyone but Vince Lombardi. He told the press his team never had, nor never would, play a "meaningless" game.

Green Bay played it tough. With 54 seconds left, Donny Anderson stood at his 41 to punt, waiting the snap from center. The Packers led 24-20.

Suddenly, Ram reserve linebacker, Tony Guillory, broke through and blocked Anderson's kick. Claude Crabb grabbed the ball for L.A. and was finally caught at the Green Bay five.

Two plays later Bernie Casey -- a constant Packer nemesis -- caught a TD pass from Roman Gabriel. The Rams remained alive, 27-24.

*Sigh* The next and final game was also at home. This time the visitors were the mighty Baltimore Colts, that is to say, Johnny Unitas and Co. Again, it was a MUST situation for us.

Rams defense was in its glorious heyday of the famed 'Fearsome Foursome' -- and we had something of a "Greatest Show on (natural) Turf" in the late 60s as well! We were on a role. A resounding victory: 34-10!

Then came one of my earliest heartbreaking losses: RAMS at PACKERS, playoffs. We drew first blood early in the game, 7-0. Lost 28-7.

[A dramatic ending to my first Real Rams expectation! We were such a strong team from 1967 to 69. Believe me. Offense. Defense. Super Bowl III should have been ours! I didn't mind Namath predicting the Jets were to win, I only wanted the Rams to prove him wrong.]

:upset:

You can imagine how elated I was when, come playoffs time just a few years ago, we defeated Favre and the Packers. Absolutely, I can still see Tommy Polley and Aeneas Williams intercepting two of Brett's six INTs.
    Warner to Holt, long distance. Et cetera.

Repeat? Let's do it (somehow)! :1:

PS: Wisconsin, good to see you. How about inquiring what happened to your terrific RAMS JERSEYS thread you had in the previous ClanRAM? I wonder if Dez and Moderators could restore here...

I still have the file of the entire list/post where we had some really nice information of names & numbers!
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-25-2004 at 01:15 AM.

RamTime Guest

Re: We Own Green Bay / Hey, Wisconsin...

Packers / Rams: I can trace back to December of 1967. We HAD to win that next-to-last game (AND the last one Vs. Colts) in order to make playoffs. For the rest of the story, of this nail-biter of a game, see,
    Indeed.
    Those links you posted are from Jerry's web site. His is my favorite Rams history site on the net bar none. Although he is hopelessly stuck in the 60's, 70's and 80's Rams era, it’s ok because we need someone like that on the net. He posts in this forum as Bloodinhall. Did you know that Steve Rosenbloom contacted Jerry and thanked him for the tribute to his dad Carroll Rosenbloom? Also he was/is a friend of the Malavasies. (Head coach that took the rams to superbowl xiv) I hooked up with him about 5 or 6 years ago when I noticed that an animated graphic that I created of a ram butting jerry rice into the air and through the goal posts was being pointed to from another rams page. At that time Jerry had just the one Rams page as he was just starting out. I helped him get started (and BTW he always gives me way too much credit for that) and to browse his site now it’s amazing. Makes me feel like a proud papa. Anyway when you guys go visit his site be sure to sign his guestbook. He has done a lot of unprecedented things over there and deserves thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast