Rams Vs Packers at GB. Now, IS THIS A DUE OR DIE GAME/SITUATION? :angryram:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rams at Packers -- Do or Die?

Well ... is it or not?!?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: Rams at Packers -- Do or Die?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Well ... is it or not?!?
    OK. I heard you this time. No, It's not necessarily a do or die situation. My reason for saying this is because apparently only NY is a threat to the Ram's wild card berth. After the turkeys got tired of visiting with each other, 2 more wild card contenders dropped to 7 losses while Dallas remained there. So the pressure emerging from the rear of the column was relieved. 6 losses could take you in so long as NO doesn't stay at 6 losses (making the possibility that the loss to NO will have been the defining moment of the season).

So they can lose, run the rest of the table, and wind up tied with TB and NO with 6 losses and have the edge over TB but suffer the NO loss all over again. So it isn't necessarily "do or die" but they will need help from others in preventing NO or NY from taking the wild card berth. And of course, mathematically, they can still win the division, but that would also require outside intervention. In any case, the ball is clearly in their court.

Put up or shut up. Rams run the table, they are in the playoffs and a new season starts afresh. So rather than calculating the permutations, I'd rather just have them understand the obvious - win, and all else is forgiven. One more loss injects doubt into the equation. There is little room for doubt. They have started seasons with 6 wins in a row. So six wins in a row is readily within reach. Start with the first and we'll get to the 7th win in a row in no time. Lose another one, well who wants to hear that clamor?

Rams at Packers: Do or Die?

Thanks, Adarian! Nice analysis / comment.

Right ... *sigh* if we can only start a decent streak with a win at GB Monday, that would help so much!

Turkey leftovers and talent speculation aside, I want us to get TOUGH! :tough:

Win, and all else is forgiven. --Adarian Too

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: We Own Green Bay

I would say its a do or be wounded situation.

Win, and all else is forgiven. --Adarian Too
    Most excellent. I'll remember that one.

C-hawks lost today to Bills, they're now 6-5. It's our opportunity to be 6-5, MNF at GB!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

If we can win in Green Bay, and get on a little roll going into the next few games against San Francisco, Carolina, and Arizona, that would put us at 9-5. That should be enough to give us the division.

Yodude is offline Registered User

I'd be hesitant to say we own anyone at this point, with how inconsistent we are from one week to another.

Especially since we have to go the Frozen Tundra....which according to weather reports will, indeed, be frozen.

However, I'm hoping that watching the Seahawks lose today, the Rams will come out with a solid performance in an effort to retake the lead in the division.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, SportsCenter tonight has opened with their lips firmly attached.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I know I'm opening myself up to criticism, but...the loss to GB is not a deal-breaker. All factors included, we did not matchup well with GB. They had every advantage going into that game last night, from weather to location to personnel. It was their night and yet we're still going to win the division. The only game we're going to lose from here on is to the Eagles. We're going to finish 9-7. That means that Seattle has to go 4-1 from here on and I don't see them any better than 2-3 (losses to @Minn., @Jets, & Atlanta). If that's right then we could finish 8-8 and still win. We'll find the playoffs and host one of the wildcard teams, probably Minnesota, and then it's all up to which team has the most heart and intestinal fortitude.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

You might be right on the 8-8 record 'Bison...However, in your playoff scenerio, "heart & intestinal fortitude" does not currently describe our team.

:tough: :disappoin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SSGRamFan
    You might be right on the 8-8 record 'Bison...However, in your playoff scenerio, "heart & intestinal fortitude" does not currently describe our team.

:tough: :disappoin
    You're absolutely right, Sarge. That's why I don't see us lingering too long in the playoffs, but we can get there. Gotta love playing in the NFC Weak, er, I mean NFC West.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pass the pipe please...thats clearly some powerful stuff youre smokin. I mean the power of positive thinking is nice and all but... COME ON!!! Whats the point of seeing this pathetic circus side show even MAKE the playoffs? More NATIONAL HUMILIATION?? The likes of Philly,MN,GB,Atl would all SHRED this team...in some cases...AGAIN! Frankly, I prefer that they lose all remaining games and achieve a better draft spot as well as purging the coaching staff. STOP THE MADNESS!! If it takes a SUB .500 season lets swallow the pill and move on. Its time for new blood to steer this ship. A brighter day looms ahead. A CHIMP could wear the headset with the talent the Rams have and make them a .500 team...whats their record again??

'We own the Packers'...thats some funny stuff. I said last week Favre and co. could put up 50+...silly me...it was only 45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12