View Poll Results: Are we a playoff team in 2013?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

40 85.11%
  • NO

7 14.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Are we a playoff team in 2013?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Are we a playoff team in 2013?

As someone else touched on earlier, I voted yes because if you look at this year, this team right now could very easily be 6-3. We lose a late one in detroit, totally outplay the Dolphins in Miami and lose another close one, then find a way to give the Whiner game away. ...and remember, this is without some key players for most of that time. So yes, why can't the Rams be contenders next year?

My thinking before the season was 4-6 wins this year and no playoffs, contend next year at somewhere around 9-10 wins, but still not be one of the "elite" teams, then become dominant in 2014. I think the Rams are a little ahead of that schedule based on what I've seen so far. But what I've seen so far is pretty much what I expected. Some good games fueled by Fisher and the rookies, but some games marred in mistakes resulting in loses. I expect that trend to continue throughout the year. With every mistake should come improvement.

I expect the rookies to learn by their mistakes and for the Rams to be more consistant by the end of the year and into next year. With the additional picks in the draft and FA's, the Rams are not that far away, and the ProBowl players they do have are still young. The Rams are setting the table, so to speak, for years to come. They have a plan (finally) and it's coming together very nicely, thank you.
    Bar-bq likes this.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I think for sure next season we have will be in the playoff hunt,we are a few pieces away from being legit playoff team,and then a couple more on top of that from contending for the SUperbowl.I have faith in Jeff/Snead they will put talent around Braford and continue to build this defense.We are not a fluke we will be in the mix next season on out barring a crazy turn of event.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

With salary cap room, good FA ahead and 4 picks in the first 2 rounds added to this current improved team. I don't see why the heck not

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

It sounds good, but its too early for me to make a decision. I have to see how we finish off the year. The team sure shows hope though.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I voted no. (Changed my mind) Too many "if's" still.... But doesn't mean they can't. Injuries and just the way the ball bounces, anything can happen. Let's hope it bounces our way this year...
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -07-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Hopefully that the team can prove critics wrong. As I will leave it like that. And hopefully they can go to the playoffs!
    Autumn Winds!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    If we get

1. either Joeckel or Lewan

2. Sign one of Wallace, Jennings, Bowe

3. Draft Teo or eifert

and obviously our rookies from this year develop I think we have a great shot of making the playoffs.
    None of these things happened. Are we a playoff team this year?

ManofGod is offline Registered User

In a word: No
    Next year.....yes!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    In a word: No
    Next year.....yes!
    Nothing is certain - be it this year or next.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    None of these things happened. Are we a playoff team this year?
    But didn't they happen? The names are different but the needs were at least theoretically addressed. No idea if The Rams will make the playoffs but it seems fair to say the first string is looking a lot closer than they've been in a while to being able to play at that level.But who knows about depth except that it's key ?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

If we played in the AFC, absolutely. But seeing that we're in a now tough division let alone conference, we'll have to spread our talents across the roster if we want a spot in the playoffs. I believe we're capable if we can beat good teams outside our conference.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I agree with a number of posts here, Too be honest my feeling is our back ups are the biggest problem , I have read all I can from darn near every place their writing about the Rams. My feeling is that its been so long since we have been even close to respectability that its still over Shadowing our true potential. One thing we did last year was beat the best in our Div. and by far were a much better team now than last year on both sides of the ball. Yes I am being very optimistic lol without a doubt, But their is going to be a big change in how we play football. I have read a few places were right after the draft Sam and the WR were already working out together to build that chemistry. Now I realize it take time to do that but Fisher and our staff will surprise most of us and the other teams in our Div. and the NFL.

Mark my words my follow Rams fans we will be in the playoffs this year and next year could be a possible even deep in the Playoffs. I know what some are saying no way to young,takes time to gel, we need more impact players, Now agree we need more players no doubt. The positives we have going for us right now is the change in how we play and the mind set and talent of the players and the coaches we have here now, A long with some of the new tricks and tweaks in the Offense and Defense, as its been said in a number of places. The Rams will have a top 10 to 5 ranked D We all know except for the Pats game and the bears game last year we were in most every game last our problem was our O not scoring points. Now I can go into all the different things that's different this year from last year like Sam being in the same system and the new flat our speed ofour weapons and many have said Our O line if healthy could be one of the best in the NFL...

OK lol I hear what some are saying that magic word the biggest little word "IF" Lets remember its and its well known most SB winners don't make it back just like their will be teams that will not do as well as they did last year and so on lol The NFL also means "IF" this goes well or our way we might be able to do this or that,,, "IF" is the word all Teams have to live with as we all know.

The Rams this year have more of the positive "IF" factor than most teams in, Not only my Opinion but many others. After the last ten enduring years oh crap or Oh no not again, I honesty feel we have a very good shot at the playoffs, Not because I want them (AS we all do But what I have read and seen and heard. Thank for reading

"GO RAMS"
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -07-09-2013 at 04:22 AM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If lady luck bestows her blessings on us and we can stay healthy, (that would include both our brand new talented rookie toys along with our "older" toys), yes - we've got a good shot. I can well remember the beginning of the 1999 season, and if someone had asked me early in that season if I thought we were a "playoff team," I would have replied in the negative. Clearly we hadn't done all that well the year before - 3 wins was it in 1998?
    Our current depth is somewhat iffy, however if we can keep the majority of our starters healthy, we've got a good chance .. Am I merely a shameless homer? Possibly ..

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I think we have a chance for a wild-card spot, but it all depends on how well the other wild-card contenders do.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I voted no. (Changed my mind) Too many "if's" still.... But doesn't mean they can't. Injuries and just the way the ball bounces, anything can happen. Let's hope it bounces our way this year...
    This is my stance. We've seen a lot crazier things happen over the years with teams either falling on their face or far exceeding expectations. Granted, we are not a finished product and have some legitimate questions, but there isn't a reason in the world why the Rams couldn't get into the playoffs if some things break right for us. We proved we can go toe to toe with the best in the division. And quite frankly, I'm tired of the "wait till next year" talk- we've been hearing it forever. Now is the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast