RamWraith is offline Registered User

We are Ram Fans...right?

WOW...where to start.

I know I love this team and when the chips get down I try to remember the magical season of 1999. I try to remember what it means to be a good fan and how I would I feel if I was in the players position under hostile attacks by "fans". I try to remember what is truly important in life and how so much of my being a fan is out of my control.

We all want this team so badly to be perfect. We all start the year with so many hopes and dreams, and it hurts like hell when them dreams get crushed. For me, each week is a new dream and when things like this happen in a season it is then I have to look ahead and hope for the best each week and not look so much at the past. For me win or lose I will always bleed Blue and Gold. No one will ever take that away from me. And no ones opinions will ever change that love.

There is always hope...it just is a different kind of hope as the season changes. It may no longer be that of the Super Bowl for that year, but maybe it is seeing a player break a record, or maybe it is a player growing into their position on the team. Or maybe it is a draft pick, or maybe it is knowing you have an opportunity to see the team you love in person. No matter what it is, you have to hang on to it. You must remember what exactly makes you a fan of this team. Is it purely based on a winning percentage or does it go deeper than that. True fans know the answer and they feel it deep inside. The reason we get so mad and look to blame anyone and point fingers across the street is because we truly love this team. We care so much it really hurts to fail. Our expectations coming into every season is to win them all. Truth be told...one team wins the game we all are hoping for. There will always be disappointments when you are a true fan. You will always have to face tests and adversity. We as fans will survive, even though it is painful we need to stand tall and be proud. We are Ram fanatics, win or lose. I haven't lost hope. Have you?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: We are Ram Fans...right?

I'll never lose hope and I'll always be wearing my jersey come sundays, however you said it right, our hopes have been crushed. We almost certainly cannot come back from this to win the super bowl, and so yes, we must find a new goal for the year. The question is, what kind of goal can we hope for when we're 0-3 and our overpowering offense seems like it's DOA?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Well said. I have hope for our Rams everyday of every year. We will gain from these loses and this season. Its not over yet, there are still 13 games left. The Rams can do anything, including win a lot of those. Heres hopeing for the best.

GO RAMS!!!

stlramman is offline Registered User

Good post.

I always try to wait awhile after a loss to post so i dont post my knee-jerk reactions.Well today i slipped and wondered aloud if hasslett should get a 13 game audition. I know this is not going to solve this teams problems but i am really concerned with the direction of this team.

But come next week i am sure to have one of my jerseys on and rooting for a upset of the cowboys.

Drew Guest

just like ive done in the past when we suck,i hope to see our young players step up!

folks who see our hopes of another SB fading the older Bruce and Holt get, better look into obtaining a hearty dose of lithium!

bigredman Guest

Can't agree with you more ghost man. Do I gripe about our team. Yes I do. Do I get angry at the play calling and the play of certain players. Yes I do. I'm a sportsman. I'm a football fan. I'm a Rams fan. I love this team, and just like my kids, you have to scold them every so often. If all you do is look on the bright side, and rah rah the Rams, well, I'm likely not to take you seriously as a football fan. When I played football, and I played lousy, I got booed. When I played good, I got cheered. I wouldn't have it any other way. Even today as a coach. I get booed for calling certain plays. That comes with the game. I would kick my own butt sometimes if I were limber enough.

Talking bad about the Rams doesn't bother me, so long as the criticism has substance, and is thought provoking. I don't have to prove I'm a Rams fan to anyone. I've been true since 1963. No bandwagon jumper here. You think I complain sometimes now, you should have heard me during the Tony Banks days.

Anyway, it's the cheering and the booing that makes sports so much fun and fulfilling. I love it. It's raw emotion. Chest pounding, guttural yelling, spittle flying good times. Can you get angry about my comments? Heck yes. Challenge me and get in my face. It's what being a fan is all about. Fanaticism!

blood85 Guest

Ramsfan,always, It's just difficult being one right now. It feels like all we have to look forward to is losing. With that being said, I still support this team. I just want to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Seems like things get worse by the moment. It's time for some of the other players to step up.

Drew Guest

I want BigRed to be our new HC as of NOW!!!!

bruce4life is online now Registered User

All In Favor Of Bigred As The New Coach Say I

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Another good post at a difficult time for one and all.