Ramcrazy53 is offline Registered User

We should be elated with our new TE's

My evaluation of Joe Klopfenstein and Dom Byrd is pretty qualified. I came to the conclusion last year that Dom Byrd would be the next Alge Crumpler, but Crumpler was a more polished blocker at this point in his career. If Byrd stays healthy though, he will become an excellent player because regardless what people say he has the ability to make big plays. Also, throughout my extensive evolutions year in and year out on Big 12 players, I noticed and once documented a strong comparison between Joe Klopfenstein and Todd Heap. I believe these two guys are extremely comparable because they are almost equal in all facets coming out of college ball. However, I believe Joe is a better blocker at this point in his career. Honestly, if Vernon Davis and Mercedes Lewis had not been in this draft you would be seeing Klopfenstein in the first round or at least the second TE selected. Also, if Dom Byrd stayed healthy throughout his career he would have had a shot at being a late first round pick like Mercedes Lewis. Nonetheless, the truth of the matter is the Rams scored big time at TE and this is probally the best overall draft since 1998 when the Rams landed Wistrom, Little, Hakim and Roland Williams. I just hope Linehan and company can coach the talent they have acquired via free agency and the draft. For the first time, I have full confidence in this staff going into next year. I expect major strides and maybe a playoff birth.

Ramcrazy53
    Last edited by Ramcrazy53; -05-01-2006 at 04:25 AM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: We should be elated with or new TE's

I agree completely. I'm so pshyced about our new Tight Ends. I just can't wait until Rams Rookie Mini Camp and see them in Rams jerseys!
    RamsFan16

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I like the idea of the top 2 TEs in Linehan's new system being two rookies. They can learn the system together, compete with each other, and know that they will BOTH be used in a lot of formations.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

hopefully at least 1 of these guys get open for bulger and so bulger can avoid getting hit.... Bulger will finally have 4 or 5 (holt, bruce, byrd, klop., jackson) passing options instead of 3(holt, bruce, jackson) like last year! great picks Linehan!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

My one concern is that both of them aren't much of a blocker, so how do the Rams go about using a two TE set on short yardage should be interesting.

i would use Single Back Formation Two TE Set

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    hopefully at least 1 of these guys get open for bulger and so bulger can avoid getting hit.... Bulger will finally have 4 or 5 (holt, bruce, byrd, klop., jackson) passing options instead of 3(holt, bruce, jackson) like last year! great picks Linehan!!!
    um, u left out kevin curtis.

oh my bad sorry I was thinking about the starters in the Two TE set....... Sorry

Varg6 is offline Registered User

its gonna be a very interesting year!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams