Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: We still got a shot at Wild Card

LARAM is offline Registered User

We still got a shot at Wild Card

As it stands today we still have a shot at the last Wild Card spot. Our remaining schedule is a bit kinder than Seattle, Tampa, Minn, Wash, Dallas, and NO. Of course we would have to win out the rest of the year. After looking at the others remaining schedule, it could easily be argued that Seattle, Tampa, Minn, Wash, Dallas, and NO, could easily loose 3 to 4 games each, which would put us right in the stack!!!!!!! If we can win out then we COULD POSSIBLY hold the tie breaker on Minn and Tampa. We already hold te tie breaker on Wash. But we gotta win out and gotta have a lot of help. Keep the faith and hope!!!!!!

National Football Conference
    CONF RK NFC W L T PCT DIV CONF SOS SOV REASON
    1 Atlanta 10 1 0 .909 2-1-0 6-1-0 .387 .380 NFC South Champ
    2 San Fran 8 2 1 .773 2-0-1 6-2-1 .492 .477 NFC West Champ
    3 Chicago 8 3 0 .727 2-1-0 5-2-0 .500 .397 NFC North Champ
    4 NY Giants 7 4 0 .636 2-2-0 6-2-0 .475 .480 NFC East Champ
    5 Green Bay 7 4 0 .636 2-0-0 5-3-0 .545 .487

6 Seattle 6 5 0 .545 0-3-0 4-4-0 .483 .492 Wins tie break over Tampa

7 Tampa Bay 6 5 0 .545 2-2-0 3-5-0 .420 .281 Wins tie break over Minn
    8 Minnesota 6 5 0 .545 2-1-0 4-4-0 .483 .402
    9 Washington 5 6 0 .455 2-1-0 5-4-0 .508 .463 Wins tie break over NO
    10 Dallas 5 6 0 .455 2-2-0 4-5-0 .555 .396 Wins tie break over NO
    11 New Orlean 5 6 0 .455 2-1-0 3-4-0 .483 .481
    12 St. Louis 4 6 1 .409 3-0-1 4-3-1 .525 .432
    Last edited by LARAM; -11-26-2012 at 01:04 AM.

citr92 is online now Registered User

Re: We still got a shot at Wild Card

and some of the posters said there was no chance...
    ramsanddodgers and Tampa_Ram like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Man that loss against the Jets and tie to the ***** was absolutely killer!

THE DREAM TEAM

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I'm not even thinking about wildcard. It would take a tremendous finish by us- 3 road wins, with wins over SF and Seattle- plus a ton of help from others to pull this off. It's not at all likely, and I'm not at all hopeful. Let's not let a win over a team which has lost 7 in a row cloud our judgment.

I want good performances from our principal guys, plus improvement from our draft picks for the remaining 5 games. Hopefully, that will translate into a few more wins; anything more would be a bonus.
    thoey and macrammer like this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

that damn tie is going to haunt us all year. If we don't get that stupid delay of game we are 5-6 and only one game back.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

"So your telling me there's a chance"
    LA Rammer, THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    "So your telling me there's a chance"
    –Dumb and Dumber
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

"Bah Humbug" I say to all you unhopefuls. Look at the remaining schedules of the other NFC teams listed. They all face the likes of Chicago, Green Bay, San Fran, New England, NY Giants. It's grim right now, but give it a few more weeks. Our remaining schedule isn't as difficult as others in the running. Seattle is gonna crash and burn with their two top corners getting suspended. Washingtion still has to play some pretty tough teams (Giants&Cowboys). Minn. still has to play (Chicago and Green Bay). NO and Tampa still has to play ATL. Even if we loose to San ******, we can still pull this off.

I'm keeping the faith cause thats what you do when your a true Rams fan. I like our chances!!!!!!
    mde8352gorams likes this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Of course there's a chance, not likely because it's not soley on us but the way other teams perform, but hey anything can happen, I just enjoy watching competitive games that we could have actually one, and being mad because we lost a close game not because we're a sorry team. If we get in then it's a new season, here's for having something to hope for, and be optimistic.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

9-6-1 is still a better record than 9-7 and won't need to resort to a tie breaker
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

The fact that we're having this conversation shows that we are a much improved team. While the chances are relatively low, I think the team must feel inspired and we'll be treated to a few wins before the season ends. Most notably it would be great to demonstrate how far we've come by beating the ****** on Sunday. I hope Jeff Fisher posts the fact that we're 7 point underdogs at home to a team we faced to a standstill on their turf 3 weeks ago. BTW, I cannot believe we lost to the Jets after their sorry showing on Thursday. Ahh, what might have been.

Go Rams!

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

PLAYOFFS!! PLAYOFFS? Don't talk to me about playoffs!
    laram0 likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

The most important thing is a WIN (not a tie or loss) at home to the 9ers...For us these last 5 games comes down to u guessed it SAM BRADFORD if he can guide the offense into getting TDs and not settling for FGs we have a great chance

Lets take it 1 week (1 game) at a time:

NO and SEA both face division leaders away from there home
    GB and MIN are facing each other so one of them is going to lose (please no tie)
    Skins face Giants who looked really good last night
    Detroit faces a strong motivated resilient INDY team in Detriot

I think GB and DET are the only ones that come out victorious

WE NEED TO SHOW UP STRONG VS. SF

Heres a breakdown of remaining games for teams contending for the last Wild Card spot, presuming Green Bay takes the 1st WC spot.

SEATTLE: Chicago, Arizona, Buffalo, S** F***, STL (I could see 4 losses here, CB'S are gonna get suspended).

TAMPA BAY: Denver, Philly, New Orleans, STL, ATL (I could see 4 losses as well, but I can also see 4 wins. A must win for us)

MINNESOTA: Green Bay, Chicago, STL, Houston, Green Bay (This is gonna be a tough stretch for a Minn. I think they loose all five. A must win for us)

Washington: NY Giants, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philly, Dallas ( I'm hoping for at least 3 losses. They need to be beat Dallas for our benefit. We hold the tie breaker on Washington.

DALLAS: Philly, Cincy, Pitt, NO, Washington (Sure would be nice if Philly, Cincy , and Pitt could win)

New Orleans: ATL, NY Giants, Tampa, Dallas, Carolina (If they loose the next 3 games, then Rams need to beat Tampa.

Of couse this can play out 100 different ways. But anything is possible

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    Heres a breakdown of remaining games for teams contending for the last Wild Card spot, presuming Green Bay takes the 1st WC spot.

SEATTLE: Chicago, Arizona, Buffalo, S** F***, STL (I could see 4 losses here, CB'S are gonna get suspended).

TAMPA BAY: Denver, Philly, New Orleans, STL, ATL (I could see 4 losses as well, but I can also see 4 wins. A must win for us)

MINNESOTA: Green Bay, Chicago, STL, Houston, Green Bay (This is gonna be a tough stretch for a Minn. I think they loose all five. A must win for us)

Washington: NY Giants, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philly, Dallas ( I'm hoping for at least 3 losses. They need to be beat Dallas for our benefit. We hold the tie breaker on Washington.

DALLAS: Philly, Cincy, Pitt, NO, Washington (Sure would be nice if Philly, Cincy , and Pitt could win)

New Orleans: ATL, NY Giants, Tampa, Dallas, Carolina (If they loose the next 3 games, then Rams need to beat Tampa.

Of couse this can play out 100 different ways. But anything is possible
    I like the positive attitude and all the homework you did with the schedule. It is certainly mathematically possible for the Rams to make the playoffs. The fact that we can even ponder this situation is a vast improvement over previous seasons, with the exception of the 7-9 season and the season finale loss to the Seahawks.

But this team isn't going on to the playoffs this year. You have the perfect storm scenarios listed above. It's just too much to ask for all that to go right, and for the Rams to suddenly become world beaters. If the Rams can find a way to beat the Whiners next week (I for one do not see that happening) then maybe I'll start to begin to believe, but until then. No way. I see the Rams losing to the Whiners and Seahawks at a minimum, with a very tough game against the Bucs and possible cold weather game at Buffalo as possible losses. I think a 5-win, 6-win max season is still at hand. Too many ifs right now. Had the Rams taken care of business against the Lions, Dolphins and Jets as they should have, and won the game against the Whiners that they had in the palm of their hands (or should I say the foot of GZ?) this conversation would have a lot more meat to it and not so many ifs. But it is what it is....

Next year, this team should not need the "if" factor. They will be contenders.
    NJ Ramsfan1, gap and lordwhttgr like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast