Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrAzY_RaMz_FaN is offline Registered User

Exclamation Are We Are In Trouble?

:clanram: :clanram: :clanram: :clanram: Oh My God!!! 44-21 Giants Win, We Wont Even Make The Playoffs If We Lose Like That, Why cant That Mike Martz Idiot Let Jackson Run The Ball, Our Team Is Screwed With That Awful Coach. We Can Pass Every Little While. But We Need More Steven Jackson. Maybe evn Marshall Faulk To coach?LOL I think he'd do better than Mike Martz!
    :clanram: :clanram: :clanram: :clanram:

Signed, CrAzY_RaMz_FaN
    (Maybe I Should Be Coach!)
    We'd Own

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Are We Are In Trouble?

Now that I have calmed down after Sunday's loss, I can answer your question.
    No, we are not in trouble.
    Yet.
    Martz has noted in his press conference that we did bad...he pointed out a stupid play call he made, and all but named names about who played lousy. He claims there will be people held accountable. Lately, when this has been said, he does make changes.
    We are not alone in the NFL when it comes to wierd losses. There are only a few teams who have perfect records, and 2 of them are big flukes...
    It's only the end of week 4. A perfect record was out of our reach by week 2, but a winning record and the division title is still easily in our grasp. It depends on two things...one being coaching, the other is the players.
    As far as Faulk being a coach....I often say that he is the smartest man in the NFL. He must be kept in St. Louis after he retires, and should be put in a coaching position. I think there are those in the organization who agree with this....so, it may happen. We have to wait and see.
    My opinion is to relax, enjoy the games. Let the Rams do thier thing...all will be OK.
    Here's to our win against the shehawks on Sunday...:drunk:

(BTW, at 6:30 AM, that is COFFEE in the cup!!!!)

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Now that I have calmed down after Sunday's loss, I can answer your question.
    No, we are not in trouble.
    Yet.
    Martz has noted in his press conference that we did bad...he pointed out a stupid play call he made, and all but named names about who played lousy. He claims there will be people held accountable. Lately, when this has been said, he does make changes.
    We are not alone in the NFL when it comes to wierd losses. There are only a few teams who have perfect records, and 2 of them are big flukes...
    It's only the end of week 4. A perfect record was out of our reach by week 2, but a winning record and the division title is still easily in our grasp. It depends on two things...one being coaching, the other is the players.
    As far as Faulk being a coach....I often say that he is the smartest man in the NFL. He must be kept in St. Louis after he retires, and should be put in a coaching position. I think there are those in the organization who agree with this....so, it may happen. We have to wait and see.
    My opinion is to relax, enjoy the games. Let the Rams do thier thing...all will be OK.
    Here's to our win against the shehawks on Sunday...:drunk:

(BTW, at 6:30 AM, that is COFFEE in the cup!!!!)
    Just wondering? What did you see positive out of that game. Jackon gets stuffed at the line and to score 21 points we need to pass the ball 60+ times? I agree we are in trouble. Aeneas Williams for Dcoordinator
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Jackson did not get stuffed every time. Faulk, Jackson, and even Bulger got some running yards in the beginning of the second half. I have no idea why Martz decided to get cute when the running game was starting to open up. I am giving Martz a "sick pass" for the fated reverse and letting him off the hook this time.

I would love to see Aeneas back on the team. He is a great motivator and if he does not want to play, they should offer him a coaching position. The secondary needs the help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Agreed. And ok 3/4 of the time he was stuffed
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, as was noted in article just posted by RamWraith, last week could have been just one of those games. Realize some things:

1. Manu didn't dress for the game. When Williams went down, we didn't have enough TE's for a two TE set to run behind.

2. Jackson was already injured, and so he couldn't really hit the holes that well.

3. The safeties may have played their worst game of the year. The CB's got no S help all game.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

3. The safeties may have played their worst game of the year. The CB's got no S help all game.
    IMHO, tx has hit upon a point that has not given nearly enough air-time. The safeties (Hawthorne, Arch, Carter) were out of position for most of the day. I don't know if it was poor scheming or mental lapses (I'm betting the latter) that caused it, but the corners were all alone on most big plays. It was easy to tell when the safeties were in the right spot, because those were the plays that didn't make big gains. The D-line could have gotten better pressure, the LBs could have filled gaps better, but it was the safety play that created the largest deficiency in our defense against the Giants.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

the brent is offline Registered User

Be careful,there are alot of ardent Martz lovers on this site. I will again question whether or not he can handle the management of all facets of a team besides just the offense, and I say again - brilliant offensive coordinator, lack-luster head coach. I believe that we still have a great shot at the playoffs simply because of the crappy division that we are in, but as I have said before that would be a hollow victory; I would like the Rams to make the playoffs because they are a great team not because they play primarily worse teams.
    There is a shiny side to this apple; Our offense can score on anyone in the league. Even when we went one-dimensional with the pass and they new we were going to pass, and I. Bruce wasn't even in the game we still went down the field. Pass protection was better and Bulger showed what he can do given time. With a decent O-line I think there is little doubt that Bulger is one of the best QB's in the league. I think there is also little doubt that we will crush the Shehawks. Any Rams fans here in Seattle want to meet up to watch the game? I think I'm the only one here.
    SUFFERING IN SEATTLE

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know what is really handcuffing this team? And it's a problem for every team that signs guys to big contracts and then they don't produce: DEAD MONEY.

Once the dead money for Turley and I believe this is the last year for Warner, then maybe we can go get a shut down corner or a run blocking guard or something.

Coaching has something to do with it, but you can't (well, people do but it still boggles my mind) argue with 4 trips to the playoffs in 5 years. However, giving Warner his money when you knew he didn't have much left in the tank and giving Turley the money when you knew his personality wouldn't jive with the current makeup of the team were killers.

Significant Dead Money hits this year:

Warner - $6.72 million
    Wohlabaugh - $1 million
    Turley - $1.82 million
    Thomas - $1.2 million

$10.74 million dollars in dead money this year alone. Next year, Turley gets $5.47 million in dead money but at least Warner is off the books.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -10-04-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Tx makes a great point....We barely had enough to cover our Draft picks, much less pick up first-rate FA's. Coakley and Claiborne are great and I'm glad we got 'em, but they aren't enough to bail out our Defensive woes.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

the brent is offline Registered User

Speaking of dead money, what ever happened with Sehorn?
    SUFFERING IN SEATTLE

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Two questions:
    1) Is the originator of this thread - Crazy... a troll?
    2) Do the originator of dis thread done passed da 6th grade?

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Two questions:
    1) Is the originator of this thread - Crazy... a troll?
    2) Do the originator of dis thread done passed da 6th grade?
    I don't know, but he's certainly a big fan of capital letters.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Haterade is offline Registered User

If the Rams miss the playoffs this year...is Martz gone?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Crazy or not I don't think you watch the games. In fact I wonder if any of you that blame Martz watch the Rams games.

I suggest you subscribe to NFL sunday ticket and watch. Hell you should even record the game so you can watch it twice if need be.

It's the freaking players people!!! Most of them are overpaid bums and their play at times is absolutely pathetic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast