Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StRams is offline Registered User

We want SA to go over 150yds on us!

Ok Im new to the board..been over at the Official Site board for a few years...nice to see you all.

Anyway...This is a really stupid stat, but I thought it was kind of typical of us this year, being that it has been a long strange trip!

We are 3 and 6 when another team has rushed for over 100 yds on us this year....but we are 3 and 1 when a rusher goes over 150 on us...

Common SA run your arse off!

GO RAMS!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: We want SA to go over 150yds on us!

I almost agree with you.

It all depends on how he gets the yards. The Rams need to avoid the big runs and make Alexander work for his yards.

I think a bigger key will to try to get Alexander to put the ball on the ground early in the game. While the turmoil over the "backstabbing" comment will die down by Saturday, if he fumbles the ball early, the feelings the comment produced may start to resurface.

Quote Originally Posted by StRams
    Ok Im new to the board..been over at the Official Site board for a few years...nice to see you all.

Anyway...This is a really stupid stat, but I thought it was kind of typical of us this year, being that it has been a long strange trip!

We are 3 and 6 when another team has rushed for over 100 yds on us this year....but we are 3 and 1 when a rusher goes over 150 on us...

GO RAMS!
    First off, Welcome

Second ........... This IS the Official board

Yes... should have said it before...

Welcome!

As for which board is official...

Well, that doesn't matter. This is the best board, bar none (and trust me, I've been kicked off... er... a member of plenty of them, so I should know!)

PaddyRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Yes... should have said it before...

This is the best board, bar none (and trust me, I've been kicked off... er... a member of plenty of them, so I should know!)
    Correct.
    In terms of traffic and content, this board is streets ahead of any other I've seen.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

GO RAMS!
    Can't argue with numbers (though some will try). AR hit it on the head. I don't mind giving up that many yards as long as his average stays low. Give him the ball that many times and he will put it on the ground.

And BTW, welcome aboard.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Thanks for the Welcome..!

Actually I think I said the Official Site Board as in the board on the official Rams NFL site...

It should actually be called the official "Whos better Warner or Bulger/Fire Martz/We Suck one week then We are SB bound the next" board.

I think I like it over here better already.

Yeah, we try to keep those neverending debates from clogging the main board here.

Going back to your topic, while I think Alexander could have a substantial rushing yard total, I also think Steven Jackson can do the same against the Hawks defense. Can't hurt that he's got some familiarity with the Northwest weather, coming from Oregon State.

Thanks for the Welcome..!

Actually I think I said the Official Site Board as in the board on the official Rams NFL site...

It should actually be called the official "Whos better Warner or Bulger/Fire Martz/We Suck one week then We are SB bound the next" board.

I think I like it over here better already.
    Wait a minute....you're saying those aren't good discussions!?!?! But a message board is only good if it spends exaggerated amounts of time and space with those discussions!!!!

Just playin' :tongue:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison... don't make me put you in a "time out"!!!!

HUbison... don't make me put you in a "time out"!!!!
    Hey, it was just a joke. You know me better than that. Step away from the big red button, AV. :redface:

Its all good, HUbison.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Cool Re: We want SA to go over 150yds on us!

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Can't argue with numbers (though some will try). AR hit it on the head. I don't mind giving up that many yards as long as his average stays low. Give him the ball that many times and he will put it on the ground.

And BTW, welcome aboard.

Agreed. Force them to stick with their (only) weapon. A combo of the new and improved BFish and Little bring pressure up front to scare Hasselback. Questionable receiving corps gets popped off the line to shake them up. Boom... Alexander has 40 touches for 150 yds. And 2 fumbles. Anyone?

This is a vision and a wish... not a prediction.

Oh,yeah..... Welcome Home my Friend.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -01-04-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Yeah, we try to keep those neverending debates from clogging the main board here.

Going back to your topic, while I think Alexander could have a substantial rushing yard total, I also think Steven Jackson can do the same against the Hawks defense. Can't hurt that he's got some familiarity with the Northwest weather, coming from Oregon State.
    Well Weather might just force Martz into a running type attack..which is fine by me. I get tired of the finesse label.

Stephen Jackson gives us that strength up the middle that teams have to respect.

Over on the Seahawks board they are stating the question of who on the Rams scares them the most....SJ came up a lot. I think a few even went so far as to say they hope the weather is good so that Martz will throw...when's the last time you ever heard anyone wish the rams would throw on them?

We may be morphing into a really strange team..Finesse and style in the pass...and smash mouth in your face running...wow, what a combo...That will give the leauges D-coordinators something to chew on for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    Agreed. Force them to stick with their (only) weapon. A combo of the new and improved BFish and Little bring mad pressure up front to scare Hasselback. Questionable receiving corps gets popped off the line to shake them up. Boom... Alexander has 40 touches for 150 yds. And 2 fumbles. Anyone?

Oh,yeah..... Welcome Home my Friend.
    If they run the ball 40 times for 150 yards, we win. However, 40 attempts would be 8 more than his season high. But to make the point, in 5 games SA ran at least 27 times. In those 5 games the Hawks put 23.8 points per game on the board. In the 11 games where he attempted less than 27 carries, the Hawks averaged 22.9. What's the point? In most offenses with a feature back, giving him the ball should translate into more points. However, while giving SA the ball more may add nearly a point to the board, it also increases the risk of his hands losing the ball. If our offense is clicking, 23 or 24 points won't beat us. And in fact, giving SA that many opportunities to put the rock on the ground may help us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast