Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Wednesday Afternoon
- The new FieldTurf at the Edward Jones Dome looks terrific. The dome has always had a sort of bland look in the inner bowl, but the new turf makes a big difference. It is a much darker green than the old AstroTurf and the light reflects well. As for the look and design of the field, a Rams’ head graces midfield and the team names are emblazoned in the end zone. It’s strange to think that a new playing surface could have such an affect, but it seems to liven up the whole building.
- Shaun McDonald is catching absolutely everything at receiver right now. McDonald had a solid year last year, but was kind of overshadowed by running mate Kevin Curtis. But McDonald has all of the tools to be every bit the impact player Curtis can. McDonald made a number of catches that can best be described as ridiculous during Wednesday’s workout at the dome. He did everything from climbing the ladder to pulling it in one-handed during the practice.
- Matt Willig worked with the first team at left tackle during Wednesday’s workout. Although Willig just arrived, he has held his own. Willig isn’t going to the Pro Bowl or anything, but he is going to be a competitor and should give the Rams depth at tackle.
- Reggie Hodges got some opportunities to punt in the dome to mixed results. When he hit it, he really hit it, easily sending the ball 50 yards with about four and a half second of hang time. But Hodges continues to struggle with his directional kicking. When he was kicking from his own end zone in one drill, he had a tendency to rush his kicks, sending the ball on 35-yard line drives right at the returner. Those are the types of kicks that result in touchdowns for the opponents and the kind that ended Sean Landeta’s tenure with the team.
- Tight end Jerome Collins and receiver Dante Ridgeway have struggled to make plays in practice and Ridgeway especially struggled Wednesday. Collins dropped a few passes, including one over the middle that hit him between the 4 and 8 on the front of his blue practice jersey. Ridgeway is having the same types of problems and needs to pick it up if he wants to win the possible sixth receiver job.