Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Wednesday Afternoon-Wagoner
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
- First, I want to send out a congratulations to linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa and his lovely wife Shannon on the birth of a baby girl. The newest addition to the Tinoisamoa family is Mylie Rayne. Mom and baby are fine and expected to go home soon. Mylie joins brother Kaleb in the Tinoisamoa clan.
- Ryan Pickett is a Green Bay Packer in somewhat of a surprising move. When Pickett left Green Bay without a contract, it looked like it would come down to a return to St. Louis or a deal in Buffalo. But the Packers have apparently come back strong and convinced the Big Grease to sign on the dotted line. Aside from the defense, Grease will certainly be missed by many of the regulars covering the team. He was one of the nicest, funniest guys around and he will certainly be missed in the locker room and on the field. Best of luck to him in Green Bay.
- Pickett's leaving will have an important impact on what the Rams do with the rest of their salary cap money. With Pickett gone, it seems likely that the Rams will address the backup quarterback spot and punter. Gus Frerotte is high on the radar for the backup quarterback spot and Carolina's Jason Baker is a realistic option for punter. That leaves the Rams with a big hole on the defensive line. Jimmy Kennedy will get the first opportunity to start next to La'Roi Glover, but there is a serious need for a run stuffer that can work in the rotation. Grady Jackson and Sam Adams are available, but it remains to be seen whether the Rams are interested or can afford to make a run at any of them. This might have to be addressed in the draft, perhaps in the first round should Oregon's Haloti Ngata fall into their laps at No. 11.
- Rocky Bernard, whom the Rams showed interest in early in free agency before the signing of Glover, re-signed with the Seahawks meaning the tackle market is dwindling by the minute.
- Gus Frerotte would be an ideal target for a backup quarterback. So long as he doesn't break the bank, he would be just the ticket for what the Rams need as a backup. He's experienced, intelligent and had perhaps his best year as a pro playing for Scott Linehan. Nothing against Jamie Martin, who did an admirable job last year all things considered, but Frerotte would be an upgrade. In addition, Frerotte has expressed interest in reuniting with Linehan. It's possible this deal will be done sooner than later.
- The punting situation has to be resolved by way of free agency. There just aren't that many big legs in the draft and the Rams need to find some stability at the position. There's interest in Carolina's Jason Baker and he'd be a good fit. He can also handle kickoffs which adds to his appeal
Re: Wednesday Afternoon-Wagoner
Owell. I figured Pickett wouldn't come back. We offered him a crumb of what he deserved. A starters salary on a maybe "3rd" CB. But cheap on what would have been a starting DT. Good Luck Picket!! You deserved better and got a better contact and thanks for waiting for us to up it!RamsFan16