RamWraith is offline Registered User

Wednesday Evening--Wagoner

Wednesday Evening
    Wednesday, October 5, 2005

- First and foremost, best wishes and prayers to coach Mike Martz. With plenty of tests left to do, it's best to wait until all of the details are known before we get too worried. The bottom line is this is a health issue and his health is more important than any football game. Say what you want about how he manages the team on Sundays, but nobody is more dedicated to his job and his team than Martz. Here's to a speedy return.

- Blaine Saipaia was his usual, good-natured self today, even poking fun at his weight and (lack of) speed. Saipaia is taking the move to tight end in stride and is always willing to do whatever it takes to help this team win. He will never be a star in this league and he knows that, but it's refreshing to see a guy so willing to do whatever it takes to get a victory.

- It looks like Seattle will be without receivers Darrell Jackson and Bobby Engram this weekend. The Seahawks have been plagued by receivers' lack of hands in the past few years so losing their two most reliable pass catchers isn't the ideal situation for this weekend's game against the team that has beaten them three times in a row. If they can't go, Joe Jurevicious and Peter Warrick will probably get the start.

- Cam Cleeland seems genuinely happy to be back in St. Louis and playing again. Cleeland got plenty of opportunities in practice Wednesday and should figure into the team's plans for this weekend.

- Some quick thoughts from other games I watched around the league...The Philadelphia Eagles are scary right now. It seems they haven't put it together in one game on both sides of the ball yet, but when they do, it could get ugly...Atlanta must have Michael Vick to win big this year, but how impressive was Matt Schaub in relief Sunday? Schaub even showed some wheels, picking up yards in chunks on the ground to set up a score late in the first half...The Broncos linebackers play at a different speed than everyone else. That defense is playing really well right now and as long as Jake Plummer continues to take care of the ball, Denver has a chance to be a great team...I said it after the Rams played Arizona, but kicker Neil Rackers is probably the Cardinals' best offensive weapon right now...The Bills aren't going anywhere with J.P. Losman as quarterback this season...The Colts offense is fine in case anyone missed its return to dominance. Peyton Manning looked great and it appears that Indianapolis is on its way to a big year...I'm not sure whether San Diego is that good or New England has been exploited, but whatever the case, that game was ugly. The Chargers are for real, though, and back in the mix in the NFC West...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Wednesday Evening--Wagoner

If they can't go, Joe Jurevicious and Peter Warrick will probably get the start
    Honestly, with our secondary, this isn't much reason to let their hair down. JJ has very sound hands and is a huge body over the middle. Warrick, though inconsistent, is very explosive. If our safeties have the same mental lapses they had in NY, these two receivers could play a lot higher than their billing would lead one to believe.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

But at least we don't have to worry about three or four WR sets. JJ will never be confused as a burner. Warrick has more speed than he does hands. However, our secondary isn't Baltimore's either.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Honestly, with our secondary, this isn't much reason to let their hair down. JJ has very sound hands and is a huge body over the middle. Warrick, though inconsistent, is very explosive. If our safeties have the same mental lapses they had in NY, these two receivers could play a lot higher than their billing would lead one to believe.
    Exactly what I was thinking; both are former starters in the league and will probably handle it in stride. At least our DBs have a fair matchup this weekend. They've also got two capable tight ends, although I'm not sure if Itula Mili is still out or not.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    Exactly what I was thinking; both are former starters in the league and will probably handle it in stride. At least our DBs have a fair matchup this weekend. They've also got two capable tight ends, although I'm not sure if Itula Mili is still out or not.
    If I'm not mistaken, Warrick is coming off a groin injury and has not been a factor in the Seahawk offense, coming into this game with exactly 1 catch.