RamWraith is offline Registered User

Wednesday Rams Camp Report

Post-Dispatch Rams beat writer Jim Thomas joined Bernie Miklasz and Randy Karraker Wednesday on The Roll Home on Team 1380 live from Rams camp in Mequon, Wisconsin.

Derek Stanley was wearing an offensive jersey today, but Jim thinks he may see some action for the rest of the preseason on the defensive side because the Rams are so depleted in the secondary.

OJ Atogwe sat out today because when he tried to come back yesterday, his injury wasnít fully healed. Fakhir Brown is still out, but Jim said he should be close to coming back and Thomas thinks that privately maybe some guys are wondering why he hasnít come back yet. Eric Bassey, who was ahead of Jerome Carter for safety is out, and Carter is also out.

Anthony Becht was close to coming back and went out and practiced and aggravated his hamstring again. He had never missed a game in 8 NFL seasons, and he has never sat out this long.

On the plus side, Donnie Avery was on the field and he has been getting a lot of work so maybe he will get some playing time on Saturday.

Thomas talked about the advantages of the team holding training camp in Mequon and said one of the biggest benefits was the weather. Camp is going to close today, and they have had to use only 2 IVís on players the entire time.

Tempo was very good, the attitude seems to be very good. It just didnít transfer over to the game. It looks like itís paying off. Some players say going away to camp has helped the camaraderie.

There is nothing new on the Steven Jackson front. There wasnít a new offer or anything, but the Rams contacted Eugene Parker to say have Jackson to come on in and they will get this thing done.

Thomas said that Jackson is a grown man, and he is very well aware of whatís going on. Eugene Parker is not the reason he is missing. He is not in Mequon because he doesnít want to be there.

Adam Goldberg is third on the depth chart at offensive tackle which might be alarming to some people, but he has looked good so far, and Offensive Line Coach Steve Loney had Goldberg in Minnesota before and heís actually healthy this year.

eldfan is offline Registered User
    Thomas said that Jackson is a grown man, and he is very well aware of whatís going on. Eugene Parker is not the reason he is missing. He is not in Mequon because he doesnít want to be there.
    I hope this is not the beginning of SJ wanting out St. lou.
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-14-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixed the quote function

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Wednesday Rams Camp Report

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I hope this is not the beginning of SJ wanting out St. lou.
    Could be, if you had talent like him would you wanna play on this Rams team.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Could be, if you had talent like him would you wanna play on this Rams team.
    I believe Jackson does want to play for us. He wants to be the center of attention and he has no competition for the starting RB position. Do wins and losses mean all that much to him? Doesn't seem like it with this current situation.
    Last edited by laram0; -08-14-2008 at 01:43 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post
    I believe Jackson does want play for us. He wants to be the center of attention and he has no competition for the starting RB position. Do wins and losses mean all that much to him? Doesn't seem like it with this current situation.
    Well, we will soon know Jackson's true colors. I hope they are Rams bright!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

There is nothing new on the Steven Jackson front. There wasnít a new offer or anything, but the Rams contacted Eugene Parker to say have Jackson to come on in and they will get this thing done.

I'm glad to see the Rams have at least made an effort to try and get things resolved. Jackson needs to accept the invitation and forget about listening to his sister.

I'm curious to know what Thomas is basing his "He is not in Mequon because he doesn't want to be there" statement on.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post

Post-Dispatch Rams beat writer Jim Thomas joined Bernie Miklasz and Randy Karraker Wednesday on The Roll Home on Team 1380 live from Rams camp in Mequon, Wisconsin.

OJ Atogwe sat out today because when he tried to come back yesterday, his injury wasnít fully healed. Fakhir Brown is still out, but Jim said he should be close to coming back and Thomas thinks that privately maybe some guys are wondering why he hasnít come back yet. Eric Bassey, who was ahead of Jerome Carter for safety is out, and Carter is also out.

Anthony Becht was close to coming back and went out and practiced and aggravated his hamstring again. He had never missed a game in 8 NFL seasons, and he has never sat out this long.

What is it with these guys? And Becht has never missed a game in 8 years and he puts on a Rams jersey and pulls a hammie. Amazing.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I hope the Jackson situation gets resolved by saturday. We need him. BAD.

And this gives me a reason to get a Jackson jersey.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

If Jackson wants to play football, he'll be in camp next week.

Call it a "gut feeling", but I think we'll hear something positive on this, this weekend.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    If Jackson wants to play football, he'll be in camp next week.

Call it a "gut feeling", but I think we'll hear something positive on this, this weekend.
    I've been thinking the samething. Now that training camp is over in Wisconsin we 'll probably read or hear about Jackson joining the team.