Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    common is offline Registered User

Re: WEEK 1: The Official Cardinals @ Rams Game Discussion Thread

Are you serious? I give mad props for Sam throwing 55 attempts. We need to utilize him, hence the reason why we PAID him big time. Mark Clayton and amendola did well. Can you imagine what the score woulda been if we Just ranthe damn ball? I'm moving forward to seeing this team. Unlike you, you can just whine and keep ur 1-15 record of our old ways.

JFMose is offline Registered User

We got real lucky that Anderson and Fitz slipped up a bunch of times.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    We got real lucky that Anderson and Fitz slipped up a bunch of times.
    What a load of garbage ...

No more lucky than them blocking a FG, Ryan getting ran down and fumbling at the 2, or Bartell dropping the pick ...

Or the drop that Clayton had on the post that would have been a TD ...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Defense could have put at least 14 points on the board with Ryan fumble and Bartells dropped pick... on the other hand thats not there job. They forced a ton of fumbles couldn't capitalize. I will say we got pressure all day even though we had only 2 sacks.

Feast or Famine with clayton made some huge plays also had some key drops. Pass protection was shakey at the beginning, but was pretty solid towards the end. Run game wasn't great. 55 attempts for Bradford I don't mind most of it was short, pass protection improved throughout the game, and sometimes we just had no choice but to pass

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Oh and I thought Clayton did well, bar a couple of drops. At this stage, I'm pretty sure he'll be our number one receiver as the season wears on.

Lots of good signs - probably a mark of the change in attitude and performance that I'm no longer thinking that we're simply not good enough and more disappointed that we cost ourselves the W there.

bradwill is offline Registered User

I don't think James Butler needs to be at SS any more, or even on the roster. He looked awful on the last drive TD drive by AZ and was burned badly by Breaston twice. Dahl isn't All-Pro, but he's better than Butler who had a bad last year in NY, a nothing year here last season, and now.....yeah, I'm sure it's "injuries."

Lots of opportunities but the Rams still have a ways to go in developing a killer instinct and so does the HC. Not good at all at the end in terms of clock mgt and then the playcalling went weird too.

Bradford is the real deal and he's going to give the Rams chances in a lot of games, but he is going to need some help from his WR's(Clayton drops) and TE's(Bajema looked really bad at times) and the right side of the OL with Goldberg-Smith had some troubles today.

I really liked the "take no crap attitude" the players showed today and they definitely left it all out on the playing field,and they did it WITHOUT taking a slew of stupid, undisciplined penalties. While the loss in a winnable game is discouraging, there were positives to be had today.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

My thoughts on the game?

Definitely a lost opportunity.

Bradford looked like a rookie, but a rookie with a future.

We have no receiver that can come up with the big play when we need it. They run soft routes and drop way too many passes.

The pass defense is our weakness on D. Especially on the corners. If somebody wearing a #13 and the name "Warner" were throwing the ball today, the Rams would have been beaten badly. Fitz was open all day, but Anderson couldn't make the throws that Warner would have. In critical third and long, why was coverage so soft on Fitz? Duh.

Play calling was crazy. 55 passes for Bradford? Really?

Two big turnoverrs that should have lead to 14 points was the difference.

The Rams will improve, but 4-5 wins is still about all we'll see from this group.

Spags is now 0-9 at home and if that doesn't change this year, he's in trouble.

After Bradford threw the INT in the next to last drive, Rams fans couldn't leave the stadium fast enough, could they? They missed what could have been a magical finish. I saw about 1/3 of the fans still there in that final drive. Sad.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Did anyone notice the clock management at the end? When Fells caught that pass, we should've called time out; we had 2 at the time. Instead, we ended up wasting 16 seconds. And running the ball with Jaxx on that 4th and 1? I don't get that at all. I honestly believe we should have kicked a FG on that last drive when we got to that 4th and 10. Our run D was solid the whole game and Josh brown can hit a 55 yarder to win it; we've seen it before.

Still never gonna get over the Clifton Ryan fumble on the one yard line. NO EXCUSE AT ALL! Breaston forced that and ripped us on the offensive side too.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    What a load of garbage ...

No more lucky than them blocking a FG, Ryan getting ran down and fumbling at the 2, or Bartell dropping the pick ...

Or the drop that Clayton had on the post that would have been a TD ...
    well of course. Fitz and Anderson missed a lot of opportunities due to bad passes
    Last edited by JFMose; -09-12-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Clayton looked good on several plays but droped too many balls, he was not the only one however (Robinson, Amendola). The D looked correct but we let too much underneath coverage receptions. Steven Jackson did not look like a beast today, the run blocking was not good but he failed to move the pile like he used to do.
    I saw interesting things and I don't think we can predict the season with only one game, each game will be different. The playcalling was weird on offense notably on 1st and 2nd downs...
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

jdh008 is offline Registered User

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I didn't like not calling timeout after the Fells catch. You can't let 15-20 seconds roll off the clock when you are as far away from the end zone as you are with under a minute left.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by common View Post
    Are you serious? I give mad props for Sam throwing 55 attempts. We need to utilize him, hence the reason why we PAID him big time. Mark Clayton and amendola did well. Can you imagine what the score woulda been if we Just ranthe damn ball? I'm moving forward to seeing this team. Unlike you, you can just whine and keep ur 1-15 record of our old ways.
    foolish post all around. this is sam bradford's first nfl game, and he has one of the best (if not the best) halfback in the game behind him that needed to be utilized more period. props to sam for playing well for the most part despite this, for sure, but we need to slow the game down a little bit for him and things will come much easier.

We need more Jackson so we can run that play action roll out with Bradford

thatguy is offline Registered User

The run D looked pretty solid with the exception of that drive where the cards had 4 straight 15+ yard runs that led to hightower's touchdown. I'm worried on how the D can handle faster running backs though. It seems like the DB's are always being blocked and then the RB can easily get to the outside and the DE and OLB are not there fast enough. Chris Long was very impressive to me and I expect him to have a big season. I don't really blame Jackson for the lack of a run game because the oline wasn't holding their blocked long enough to allow a holes to develop.
    Last edited by thatguy; -09-12-2010 at 09:09 PM.

sinzroman is offline Registered User

Why was everyone in my house yelling TIME OUT but coach Spag just didn't think it was needed?