RamWraith is offline Registered User

Week 1: Rams Report Card

09/12/2005
    Rams Niners

Quarterback

Only interception was a killer; Bulger must share blame for team's red zone woes.

Grade: C +

Running back

Jackson looked indecisive at times; Faulk couldn't hang on to a couple of passes.

Grade: C minus

Receivers

***** receivers made more of the tough catches than Rams wideouts did.

Grade: B minus

Offensive line

Many of the seven sacks were coverage sacks, with Bulger hanging on to the ball too long.

Grade: C

Defensive line

Did a superb job of clogging the run game; no consistent pass rush save for Little.

Grade: A minus

Linebackers

Very good job on run support; ***** RBs were left uncovered a few times out of backfield.

Grade: B +

Secondary

Coverage generally was tight, but 'Niners got most of the 50-50 balls, which led to some big plays.

Grade: C minus

Special teams

An unbelievably horrid performance in first half looked like a lowlight reel of the 2004 season.

Grade: F

Coaching

For a team with NFC playoff aspirations, this is not a game you're supposed to lose.

Grade: F

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Week 1: Rams Report Card

If bulger doesnt throw the int at the end and we go on to win the game, do you still give martz an F? You cant say that martz didnt put emphasis on the special teams all offseason, both personnel and focus wise. I dont think you can say we werent ready to play.

This was about execution, pure and simple, especially right tackle and special teams.

Do you give marmie and A plus because we gave up no rushing yards at all?

I am not saying martz is perfect, none of us are, i just think that an F is very very harsh when we showed a lot of guts by coming back without panicking at all.

The coach's job is to put the players in a position to win. we were in a position to win at the end, we didnt get the job done. Terrible throw with the game on the line, but i dont see how you blame that on martz, nor can you blame alex barrons holdout on martz. We had over 400 yards of total offense, that is an F?

Jason, given that you have significant impact on game planning during your daily calls with martz, what did you tell him before and after the game? Can you please tell him to find someone that can make a special teams play?

Ramming speed to all, not intended as a criticism of jason, who i have a lot of respect for, just a bit of a different view,

general counsel

I think Bernie the Dolt wrote that peice of crap. The only grades close were QB and RB

Well, if it came from bernie, rather than jason, i feel a lot better.

ramming speed to all and Long Live the Wraith of the Minnesota Ram.

general counsel

brhokla Guest

I would give Martz and F! The Rams special team is not SPECIAL! that is your teams weakness and may cost you 2-3 games this year if the games are close. I never expected the see my Niners play like they did in the 1st game with a new coach without any depth and so forth. The game came down to one thing. COACHING! Martz is a dope and Nolan is a Stud!

Save it for the smack board mr whiner. lets see what the records are when the season is over.

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Gc I Agree That Martz Doesnt Deserve An F, Because He Didnt Throw That Last Pass, And He Doesnt Run By The Return Guy On Special Teams, But He Needs To Shake Things Up, You Cant Lose Games Like This,we Could Have Been 1 Game Up On The Teams We Need To Beat Out For A Playoff Spot(vikings,seahawks,cards,panthers).we Need To Take Advantage Of Those Situations, Not Blow Them. The Most Disturbing Part Of This Game For Me Was
    1-martz Replay On The Kickoff-not Even Close, Why Doesnt Someone Upstairs For The Rams Tell Him This.he Looks Like An Ass.

2-as We Have Discussed Before Scoring In The Red Zone, If We Score Touchdowns On Those First 2 Trips To The Red Zone This Is A Totally Different Game,we Run The Ball More, Take Time Off The Clock,well You Know The Drill, Very Discouraging.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

O-Line: F-

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Does It Matter If One Group Gets An "f" And Another Group Gets An "a",not That Any Group Should Should Get An A, But A Loss Is A Loss, The Rams As A Team Are 0-1.

Point well taken JK Rams, we win as a team and lose as a team. That being said, Pace looked fine to me, the rest of the line was just ok, but the right tackle spot was just awful.

7 sacks, but we did throw the ball 56 times. countless other pressures and nice moves inside the pocket by bulger when it could have been worse.

Yesterday goes to show you once and for all that one weak link on the O line and they can ALL look terrible.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

I thought Martz coached a great game.

When a player tries to return a kick off that is going out at the 2 or into end zone that’s no a coaching error.

When a ST teams unit gives up a big play that’s not coaching.

When a punter shanks a punt that’s not coaching.

When plays turn their heads on a kickoff and don’t wait until the ball is kicked and get burned by an onside kick that’s not coaching.

When a QB miss firers and throws the ball behind a WR and it’s picked that’s not coaching.

Despite all these plays that went wrong Martz stayed patient and called a good game. He did not start to pass on every down he did not waste his time out because he was not ready with the next play call. He took what the D gave him and we were in it at the end. The players have to execute you can only coach so much at some point they have to execute this stuff.

The call on 4th was a great call, he then kicks off that was a great call, and we had a shot to at least tie or win the game on the road. What more do you want, this was not an F for coaching.

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

What if this, what if that...People we lost yeah If bulger didnt throw the pass behind bruce and throw an interception then we could have won. But Bruce could have at least fought for the ball. Yes i am not blaming it on Bruce but you can blame whoever you want but people forget that it is a team sport. But really i dont care about that. If we would have done good in the Red Zone then we would have won. I dont think we know how to score in the redzone. I guess we better hope bulger throws a 60 yard pass into the endzone everytime. Well lets go to the defense. I am pleased with the defense play i thought they could have done better against the pass but it wasnt a bad game all together. We did great against the running game but didnt they do good against the niners running game last year so we still have to watch the rest of the games to really judge how good they are. But this is only one game i just wished it wasnt to a team like the Niners i really hope they have improved a lot cuz if they havent then this is a really embarrassing loss by our Rams.