AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Week 2: Game Balls

I was too depressed after Week 1 to bother with this, but here we go:

Offense: Orlando Pace
    He is so important to the Rams offense, it can hardly be measured. He shuts down pass rushers, and is the team's best run blocker. You have to give him credit for the way he came back after getting sick towards the end of the first half.

Defense: Jimmy Kennedy/Ryan Pickett
    These two finally seem to be coming into their own. For the second week in a row, they did a very good job on the run, and both had big sacks in the Red Zone.

Special Teams: Reggie Hodges
    We finally saw what Mike Martz apparently saw when he drafted this guy. He helped the Rams keep their lead with several good punts, including a 55 yarder, and had great hang time all day.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Week 2: Game Balls

I would add a game ball for the much maligned larry marmie. No td's all game. Give the guy some credit.

10 tackles for corey ivy stepping up with that one HUGE play as well deserves honorable mention.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I Agree With Ivy, But Not Marmie.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Front 4 and LB, still look great against the run.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I would add a game ball for the much maligned larry marmie. No td's all game. Give the guy some credit.

10 tackles for corey ivy stepping up with that one HUGE play as well deserves honorable mention.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I'm one of Marmie's biggest critics, and I've shown little faith in his philosophy, however, on Sunday his concept of rush 4 and cover 2 did what it was supposed to do for the most part. Yes, I'd like to see more aggresive play-calling, but if "bend-don't-break" actually doesn't break, only good things can come from it, though boring as it is.

On the case of Ivy, regardless of the health of Fisher and Groce, I'd have to put Ivy in the starting lineup and let Fisher/Groce fight for the other spot. Ivy was spectacular. I'm just glad to see one of our corners hit with a purpose.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Offense: This is a tough one, but I'll go with the entire O line who played better than last week. I have to give AZ's D credit; they did a good job of bringing pressure, but the line stepped up when they needed to.

Defense: The front four, (Fearsome sixsome?LOL ) did a great job of stopping the run and putting pressure on Warner. They have kept us in the game the last two weeks so hopefully the offense will give them a break this week and put up some points.

Special Teams: Reggie Hodges
    We finally saw what Mike Martz apparently saw when he drafted this guy. He helped the Rams keep their lead with several good punts, including a 55 yarder, and had great hang time all day.
    I agree, he did a very good job. Special mention goes out to Mike Furrey; (Unleash the Furrey! ) He gets down field quick anf is usually there to make the hit.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm going to toss my game ball to Larry Marmie.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

We're all so quick to pull the trigger on Marmie when things go bad that I think he deserves some props for calling a game that worked very nicely. No TD's, enough pressure up front to keep pressure off the DBs. Perhaps the right people are finally letting Marmie's scheme work.

I'm still no LM fan, but D did fine on Sunday and didn't have to overcome stupid stunts and bad schemes to do it.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football: