Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Re: WEEK 7: The Official Rams @ Buccaneers Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    A game thrown away through conservative play calling and sloppy tackling. If it happens once, fair enough; the problem is that we make the same mistakes every week. It's like Groundhog Day.
    yea.....

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

for the second year in a row we lose a heartbreaker in a half empty Florida stadium.
    we making progress tho...just it`s being stalled by bone head second half playcalling on O and not executing enough on D..i`ve lost track of how many times we had them on the hook today and let them off...even that last play on D,we flush Freeman out and we leave Cadillac open..some of our D men need to think more on their feet,when Freeman is being flushed out by a couple of D men,the rest need to slip back into coverage..6 men going for Freeman there is too much and just left open spaces for him to throw into..they should have tried the gang tackling on Blount but not there.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Lets not forget our coaches are rookies too! Shurmur and Flajole havent been co-ordinators before! They will learn, but at the moment id say Flajole has done a hell of a better job than Shurmur...

He needs to take more risks
    they are not rookies, they were here last year. i hate this excuse anyways, shurmur has been a coach for years and should understand the game of football better than this by now. i LOVED what he did in the first half, we were running the ball effectively and he was switching it up nicely by spreading it out with 3-4 receivers, throwing in some bubble screens to wr's and even an end-around..where did that thinking go??

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    they are not rookies, they were here last year. i hate this excuse anyways, shurmur has been a coach for years and should understand the game of football better than this by now. i LOVED what he did in the first half, we were running the ball effectively and he was switching it up nicely by spreading it out with 3-4 receivers, throwing in some bubble screens to wr's and even an end-around..where did that thinking go??
    Unfortunately Shurmur was Philly's QBs coach. Offense in general and QBs in particular are Andy Reid's province, which means Shurmur really never had to do anything on gameday or possibly elsewhere.

ImAWalkingCorpse is offline Registered User

The Bucs did everything they could to give the Rams the game including stupid penalties but in the end Freeman led us down for the win. Thats all I can ask for.

dartbrandx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse View Post
    The Bucs did everything they could to give the Rams the game including stupid penalties but in the end Freeman led us down for the win. Thats all I can ask for.

Well that pretty much put's a period at the end of this game.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

---------------------------------------

Well not rookies per say, but since they've only been co-ordinators since last year they still have a lot to learn. Im sure its a big difference going from linebackers coach (Fajole) to calling the plays gameday, and QB coach (Shurmur) the same.

If we actually step back and look at the overall picture, Shurmur can and does dial up some nice plays, but he must learn how to adapt in the 2nd half! I love what Fajole is doing, but again there is room for improvement.

Inexperience is killing us, but keep the faith

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    ---------------------------------------

Well not rookies per say, but since they've only been co-ordinators since last year they still have a lot to learn. Im sure its a big difference going from linebackers coach (Fajole) to calling the plays gameday, and QB coach (Shurmur) the same.
    "I shouldn't take the foot off the gas pedal at halftime" isn't exactly rocket science though. This isn't something he should still need to learn.